Sons' sorrow

32 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The club don’t even have the balls to acknowledge the fact we’ve been relegated on social media, I think that pretty much sums us up right now. Infact on the Facebook page they haven’t even mentioned today’s game or the result but fired up the images from the game that we are all so desperate to see. They are so out of touch with reality.

That would have me absolutely raging. What a farce

16 minutes ago, the snudge said:

The way I see it we are operating under two entities. The playing side and the dodgy land grab side. They will eventually clash and something will have to give but for now the operating system (the board) of the playing side have to be seen to be doing something productive to get the fans on side. Sacking Farrell would be a great start. If they don't sack him they need binned too. The trust need to come out and say that this is not good enough. Fans need to contact the club and tell them they will withhold money if Farrell does not go. 

I think there should be a heavily worded statement from the trust to outline exaclty how we, as fans, are feeling. I'd be asking for the trust rep on the board for answers. Not that I expect any to be forthcoming. 

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Ironic he works in the prison service because his management is criminal.

Reveal hidden contents

image.gif.75b90bce44ca727fd5d8d19c00d3e6d2.gif

He works In a Mickey mouse union that sells officers down the river....... sound familiar 🤔 

Realistically, just sack him, pay him nothing and let him try and chase us for compensation. Good luck getting any.

We all know it’s not really about money, though, it’s about an incompetent board.

I’m really sorry to hear Dumbarton are relegated. My heart goes out to the Sons.

On a more selfish note, me and my pal were planning the ultimate train journey to the Rock, which to us from Montrose looks exotic! That journey would involve a two day trip to get to know the town and many drams. I hope you’re back in league 1 next season, so we can get our journey.👍

Surely there’s grounds to sack the guy if he’s failed to deliver his objectives for the job?! 

I wouldn’t keep my job or get severance pay if u fucked up my job targets in the given time

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Oh, they’ve finally acknowledged we’ve been relegated. Someone’s been reading P&B. 

No, they've said 

we will play the 2022-2023 season in SPFL League 2

Which makes it sound more like something we chose.  Still no mention of the word relegation.

A lot of anger on here which is hardly surprising. But football at our level is cyclical. Let’s face it in the thirteen years since we won the fourth tier we have been punching above our weight for a lot of that time. For perspective we spent eight of the thirteen years before that in the fourth tier. Relegation is just part of the game for a team at our level

18 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

A lot of anger on here which is hardly surprising. But football at our level is cyclical. Let’s face it in the thirteen years since we won the fourth tier we have been punching above our weight for a lot of that time. For perspective we spent eight of the thirteen years before that in the fourth tier. Relegation is just part of the game for a team at our level

It's not the fact we've been relegated, anyone older than 8 years old will probably remember us being relegated before, it's the manner of the relegation and shape of the club that is angering people. The cycle has also never included regional football before, something we are now in real danger of such is the rudderless nature of our ship. I'd also like these stupid fucking "lets move the club to Broadwood" rumours to be put to bed once and for all. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's not the fact we've been relegated, anyone older than 8 years old will probably remember us being relegated before, it's the manner of the relegation and shape of the club that is angering people. The cycle has also never included regional football before, something we are now in real danger of such is the rudderless nature of our ship. I'd also like these stupid fucking "lets move the club to Broadwood" rumours to be put to bed once and for all. 

We could be playing on Dumbarton Common within 5 years.

20 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

We could be playing on Dumbarton Common within 5 years.

Aye, as a phoenix club.

Whatever happens I’m anticipating it being a long, long time before a club with ‘Dumbarton’ in the name plays League 1 football.

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I agree. No disrespect to Edinburgh City but I imagine they’re surprised how easy it was to beat us. Hammered by the team that finished 4th in the league below and had a couple of teams hot on their tails in 5th and 6th place. 

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Where did you see that on the club website, I can't seem to find it ?

9 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Surely there’s grounds to sack the guy if he’s failed to deliver his objectives for the job?! 

I wouldn’t keep my job or get severance pay if u fucked up my job targets in the given time

That's not how football contracts work. It's been explained a thousand times across hundreds of threads.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's not how football contracts work. It's been explained a thousand times across hundreds of threads.

Its not how any employment contracts work.

The only way you can sack somebody without giving them notice and either making them work it or paying them not to is for gross misconduct. Anything else then it;s contractual notice or payment in lieu as a minimum.

And given that Farrell is a senior full time trade union official, he'll know that very well.