Jump to content

Sons' sorrow


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

This rings a bell with me.  If anyone can find the old podcast link if it is still available let me know so I can go back to him.

Nae luck.

1475967237_Screenshot_20220505-154636_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5fa1cd7108da234abeb4048f1cecfbef.jpg

Bet if you instagrammed Cowan, told him you like Engelbert Humperdink, and asked him to send you a copy, he'd do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Amazing reply.

Thick as mince.

A lesser spotted Dunfermline fan…brave of you just testing out the league one form before next season? 
 

forgot, you lot actually know it quite well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

A lesser spotted Dunfermline fan…brave of you just testing out the league one form before next season? 
 

forgot, you lot actually know it quite well

Yeah, it seems quite descent here m8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No, the last two seasons have been descent.  Freefall is going through a division without touching the sides.

We've done that before. Two seasons in a row, except we were saved from the final plummet by there being no relegation from the bottom tier then.

(Freefall isn't a good description of our plight anyway. Technically freefall is when you feel you're weightless. We are far from feeling weightless. More like being "dragged down by the stone".)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We get pumped 4-1 in the most important game of the season last night and ‘Big Eric’ is posting a Union Flag on Twitter tonight.

Total clown. Please get this guy out our club along with the rest of the staff ASAP.

Gregg Wylde also at it. Incredible.

Edited by FifeSons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FifeSons said:

We get pumped 4-1 in the most important game of the season last night and ‘Big Eric’ is posting a Union Flag on Twitter tonight.

Total clown. Please get this guy out our club along with the rest of the staff ASAP.

Gregg Wylde also at it. Incredible.

You can’t really give them grief for posting something like that after the club they clearly support reaches a European cup final. 
 

however 

 

the rest of the absolute guff and shite he posts on there is reason enough 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Goals 1 and 4 in 

Stanger has been pretty decent for us, but was definitely out of sorts on Tuesday.   If he was going to make a mistake, and who doesnt, that wasnt the best time for it.

I think we've got a chance tomorrow, in hindsight I think we played really well but were undone by the first 2 freaky goals.  We're capable of winning the game and if we can avoid throwing them in at the other end, the tie could be close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only brave enough to watch the "highlights" this morning.

2 defensive howlers and 1 that the keeper should have done better with. It's woeful for the first and last goals - defender leaves his ball back to the keeper very short. Wright's rebound control for the 3rd is shocking. He needs to be putting that ball round his post rather than out for the follow up shot. Ramsbottom would have done better for the 2nd and 3rd goals, but would probably have made a mess of a cross or a simple clearance. I don't rate either keeper - Ramsbottom probably a better shot stopper but Wright is better coming for corners and makes fewer mistakes with his kicking.

We'd struggle to score in Lupinenstrasse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FifeSons said:

We get pumped 4-1 in the most important game of the season last night and ‘Big Eric’ is posting a Union Flag on Twitter tonight.

Total clown. Please get this guy out our club along with the rest of the staff ASAP.

Gregg Wylde also at it. Incredible.

If every Scottish club were to censure employees expressing Old Firm sentiments there wouldn't be much of a league here.  Unless anything offensive is posted the Board of Directors should focus on their work at Dumbarton and act accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If every Scottish club were to censure employees expressing Old Firm sentiments there wouldn't be much of a league here.  Unless anything offensive is posted the Board of Directors should focus on their work at Dumbarton and act accordingly.

His actions through both fixtures at Airdrie were fitting of a pub league side. In my time supporting Dumbarton I've never heard of a goalkeeping coach get involved in goading opposition fans. Faz says he reads these pages too so hiya Eric, hiya pal! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

His actions through both fixtures at Airdrie were fitting of a pub league side. In my time supporting Dumbarton I've never heard of a goalkeeping coach get involved in goading opposition fans. Faz says he reads these pages too so hiya Eric, hiya pal! 

We'll that's exactly my point, I saw it myself recently at Airdrie.  Over to the DFC Board then, bearing in mind that they are frequently absent at away fixtures.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If every Scottish club were to censure employees expressing Old Firm sentiments there wouldn't be much of a league here.  Unless anything offensive is posted the Board of Directors should focus on their work at Dumbarton and act accordingly.

True, but it’s unprofessional and amateurish, at best. Particularly directly after the embarrassment of Tuesday. At worst, it confirms that they don’t really care about Dumbarton. Obviously Carsy is a big Rangers fan too, but at least he’s had the sense to keep quiet, as far as I can see.

Edited by FifeSons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

True, but it’s unprofessional and amateurish, at best. Particularly directly after the embarrassment of Tuesday. At worst, it confirms that they don’t really care about Dumbarton. Obviously Carsy is a big Rangers fan too, but at least he’s had the sense to keep quiet, as far as I can see.

He was posting on his Instagram story about going to it. That was all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Only brave enough to watch the "highlights" this morning.

2 defensive howlers and 1 that the keeper should have done better with. It's woeful for the first and last goals - defender leaves his ball back to the keeper very short. Wright's rebound control for the 3rd is shocking. He needs to be putting that ball round his post rather than out for the follow up shot. Ramsbottom would have done better for the 2nd and 3rd goals, but would probably have made a mess of a cross or a simple clearance. I don't rate either keeper - Ramsbottom probably a better shot stopper but Wright is better coming for corners and makes fewer mistakes with his kicking.

We'd struggle to score in Lupinenstrasse.

Kieran Wright cannot kick a ball.  The game vs (can't remember) at home he kicked about 6 out the park in a row.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Kieran Wright cannot kick a ball.  The game vs (can't remember) at home he kicked about 6 out the park in a row.

At least he puts them out the park and not off the back of his own defender 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...