Sons' sorrow

The rumour on the facebook page is posted by that gnome weirdo and he's suggesting that Neil Rankine is behind it. Neil Rankine is OFTW but I genuinely don't think he would do anything to kill Dumbarton, if that was his aim he had umpteen opportunities to do it over the last 2 decades. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The rumour on the facebook page is posted by that gnome weirdo and he's suggesting that Neil Rankine is behind it. Neil Rankine is OFTW but I genuinely don't think he would do anything to kill Dumbarton, if that was his aim he had umpteen opportunities to do it over the last 2 decades. 

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So is the the gnome guy tbf, maybe they are pals.

The gnome guy gives me the creeps. Oddball.

12 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I went looking for that post after Lorenzo's post above,  but Moonster's subsequent post explains why I couldn't find it.

I've had the OFTW gnome/p***k blocked gor quite some time. Does he still ruin threads on here? I've got him on ignore on here too.

I didn’t even know he was on here. Reveal yourself gnome man.

[mention=77463]Mister Boggers[/mention] 

From his profile, he's not posted since three days after he registered here. And that was nearly three years ago. I think this is a gnome free space for Dumbarton fans thankfully.

I clocked the club advertising the POTY awards do and it got me thinking… is Carswell our top scorer this season? How fucking depressing if it is.

We’re handing out awards to the least pish, we’d be as well just scrapping it, I can’t imagine there will be more than a handful interested in attending something like that a few days before a relegation playoff. 

I clocked the club advertising the POTY awards do and it got me thinking… is Carswell our top scorer this season? How fucking depressing if it is.
We’re handing out awards to the least pish, we’d be as well just scrapping it, I can’t imagine there will be more than a handful interested in attending something like that a few days before a relegation playoff. 
Carswell is top league scorer with 7 (5 penalties) but MacLean is top in all comps with 8.

When I was checking that, I was flabbergasted to discover that Wilson has played in every league match but 21 of the 34(now 35) have been from the bench. Orsi and Pignatiello are also ever present.

Yep, I've got the fear too. We've been in decline for years and circling this particular drain since we arrived in L1. It almost seems inevitable that we're going to end up in L2 at some point. I've got a feeling we'll beat Edinburgh City and then lose the final. I think I'd prefer to lose the semi rather than go through the hope stage and the crushing feeling that brings when it goes tits up.

59 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Take your pick of who relegates us - Danny Handling, Stef McCluskey or Tony bloody Wallace. What a state of affairs. 

My money would be on Wallace. He’s been banging them in from midfield this season. 13 league goals is a great contribution.

23 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Checking my FB memories this morning made me extremely nostalgic, on many levels.  Not least from the angle of threatening playoffs at the right end of the table, and in the league above the one we're currently clinging on to.

image.png.8ad5373fdf93d28aa36dfe2cbc68b49d.png

Nish's nonchalant headed finish is one of the most satisfying moments I've enjoyed as a Sons fan. Sadly no footage of the goal appears to be avbl online.