Sons' sorrow

The photo below was at ht. The Airdrie subs were doing drills with absolutely no supervision from their management team. Our subs were shooting into an empty net and that includes Ramsbottom. That's a major difference between our management and Airdrie's.

As for preparing for the play offs, Faz's absolute priority should making sure Syvertsen gets enough game time in the next two matches so he's fit enough to play for 90 minutes. He's got more skill and intelligence than the rest of squad put together imo. af24724feb48e3b3cacc81bf08d66d83.jpg

I doubt stenhousemuir or Edinburgh city would have enough about them to win the play offs but it’ll be tight between Forfar, Annan and Dumbarton. 

Annan especially score a lot of goals and with Dumbarton conceding as many as they do, could be the difference. Done it last year and can do it again to stay up though. 

3 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Stefan McCluskey bagged a hat-trick for Forfar today.

For some reason I dread meeting them in the play-off, think it goes back to seeing us get papped out of the Cup up at Station Park a few years ago.

We can give you Vaughan on loan for the play offs 😆 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I think todays results show that we deserve to be where we are. Clyde go out at home to a Montrose team walking through the final games and get the points they need - against the same team two weeks ago we settled for a point. We were playing against 10 men today and still bottled it. None of the teams in this league are brilliant but since our 5-0 tanking up at Peterhead we've acted like a League 2 side trying to stay in League 1. To hear today that our goalkeeping coach spent the majority of the game bantering with Airdrie fans is just a shambles. A real lack of professionalism is just reeking through the club right now, I'm hearing we even managed to make a complete arse of the mascots day last week too. What chance have we got.

It’s fairly ironic that the man who brought the professionalism to the club that ultimately led to our stay in the Championship has consigned us to the relegation playoffs. 

I’ve said it before but guys like Farrell and ericphillips69 have West of Scotland League written all over them. I find their styles massively outdated. Phillips in particular seems to get a kick out of pretending he’s some sort of old school hard man, when in reality he’s a complete moron. The only reason he’s anywhere near a job at this level is because he’s Farrell’s mate.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve said it before but guys like Farrell and ericphillips69 have West of Scotland League written all over them. I find their styles massively outdated. Phillips in particular seems to get a kick out of pretending he’s some sort of old school hard man, when in reality he’s a complete moron. The only reason he’s anywhere near a job at this level is because he’s Farrell’s mate.

Yep, they definitely are mates, they played together in the juniors. All just smacks of a big Sevco pals love-in. No doubt why Farrell was also pals with Aitken.

Edited by FifeSons

B2B185CC-E745-4E10-BA7E-B14078B17B87.jpeg.009cba9f09f99ffb5719bc5bedc8534e.jpeg

It really is something special just how honking our home form’s been. 2 wins in 17. It’s a wonder we are even scraping the crowds we get.

We’ve barely averaged a goal a game, too. Even more embarrassing is East Fife only managing 15 - and 4 of those coming against us!

Edited by FifeSons

9 hours ago, George Parr said:

We’ll be reliant again on the quality of our playoff opponents being absolutely shite in order to slither to safety.

And sadly we can’t rely on the weakness of the opposition’s manager - because we now have him!

Even if we stay up I will not be renewing my season ticket unless farrell goes. 

His interviews are a joke. He says clyde and Peterhead were winning so we had to go for it?  Is he fucking thick?  So if they didnt win we were fine to lose?  Complete embarrassment.