Sons' sorrow

point of interest from yesterdays game, my dad was speaking to Ryan Mcgeever yesterday who said that he was doing a lot of work in the gym for prep for surgery and he would hopefully be back from pre season....

the interesting part was, when my dad looked to confirm that he was one of those signed on a two year deal last summer he said yeah, but then said the club just recently gave him an additional year on that so confirmed he would be here next year....and the following.

Is farrell offering out deals? or are the club giving deals regardless of who the manager is or not. surely with run of form we have been on for some time we arent still letting farrell pick the contracts when he could be gone if he keeps up how he is going 

3 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

point of interest from yesterdays game, my dad was speaking to Ryan Mcgeever yesterday who said that he was doing a lot of work in the gym for prep for surgery and he would hopefully be back from pre season....

the interesting part was, when my dad looked to confirm that he was one of those signed on a two year deal last summer he said yeah, but then said the club just recently gave him an additional year on that so confirmed he would be here next year....and the following.

Is farrell offering out deals? or are the club giving deals regardless of who the manager is or not. surely with run of form we have been on for some time we arent still letting farrell pick the contracts when he could be gone if he keeps up how he is going 

Farrell isn’t going anywhere.

3 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I’d heard from a few different people that we’re paying for McGeevers op and that he’ll be sticking around regardless of where we end up.

It was also suggested to me that he hasn’t been picking up a wage. Maybe we’re adding an extra year onto the deal to make up for the year we’ve just lost. 

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Thought I’d give this a bump by asking, does anyone still believe we can avoid 9th?

No. The last real chance to do that went when we drew with Peterhead.

1 point would have been possible. 4 points isn't. At least the performances have improved recently and that has to be a bonus with the playoffs in mind.

Thought I’d give this a bump by asking, does anyone still believe we can avoid 9th?

Course we can. Airdrie playing for nothing today and Cove in celebratory mood next week so points there for the taking. As long as we are in touching distance of Clyde going in to the last day we’ll do it

6 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Course we can. Airdrie playing for nothing today and Cove in celebratory mood next week so points there for the taking. As long as we are in touching distance of Clyde going in to the last day we’ll do it

This has aged well in 6 hours.

We’ll be reliant again on the quality of our playoff opponents being absolutely shite in order to slither to safety. Feels like a big ask to get that lucky 2 years running. I’d be quite accepting of relegation this season, the performances have just been so poor for such a long time. 

7 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Airdrie playing for nothing today 

Really? They were 5 points behind with 3 to play, not a fucking chance they weren’t going baws oot to win today. They were quite literally playing out their skin for a title today and they came up against a team who set out to play for a 0-0.

MAY 2022

3/4 cinch League 1 play-off semi-finals, 1st leg
7 cinch League 1 play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg

10 cinch League 1 play-off final, 1st leg
13 cinch League 1 play-off final, 2nd leg

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Really? They were 5 points behind with 3 to play, not a fucking chance they weren’t going baws oot to win today. They were quite literally playing out their skin for a title today and they came up against a team who set out to play for a 0-0.

Yeah, I found that an odd comment. By that reasoning, we had nothing to play for since we were 5 behind Clyde.

I really don't think they'll be too dissimilar to last season's play-offs if you lot do end up having to go through them. You're at least scoring goals at the moment and I wouldn't be especially fearful of any of the League Two sides - a month ago I'd have fancied Annan heavily, but they've wobbled a fair bit recently. I'd give you a reasonable chance of staying up as things stand.