Sons' sorrow

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Glad to hear that @O'Kelly Isley III and I am sorry if it sounds like I'm being negative for the sake of it, I appreciate you are volunteers doing this stuff, I just feel the PR side of this is a bit lacking. The graphics we've put out are poor and I don't think I'm asking much for the clubs colours to be adhered to on official stuff. I also feel a bit of buzz could've been created when showing the strips for the first time, we dropped a post with poorly defined graphics about an hour before kick off on Saturday. A wee bit of build up (like we've done brilliantly in the past with video teasers for signings and our cup final stuff) would've been better. But that's all I'll say on it until the stuff arrives. 

No problems Moonster and indeed Jordo.  I concede that the strip release was a bit random (none of us are very marketing savvy) but we were actually guilty of enthusiasm to show that unlike the traditional DFC last-minute.com we are hopefully ahead of the game.  However having said that the polo shirts will be delayed due to supply issues.

We are also very excited about the website intro which should streamline purchases, especially for Sons exiles.  We think people will like the range, but I would say that LOL.

14 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

Fair post, but please don’t take my earlier response as criticism of the excellent work being done behind the scenes, which wasn’t the intention.

I think my general point stands though, and isn’t something the club generally have implemented in the past.

I get where you are coming from re the strip. Our strips were always gold up until about 1990 but since then we have had a number of yellow ones. Why that should be is beyond me, laziness or cheapness probably. But knowing who is involved in the 150th merchandise I don't think we need worry that they will do everything they can to get the colour right.

If East Fife and Alloa have always managed to get gold, I wonder why it’s proven so difficult for the club for the last few decades.

Actually, looks like East Fife’s has been yellow several times over the same period.

Edited by FifeSons

I wonder if it will take 6 to 9 months for the top youve ordered to arrive like it usually does. 

Our club is a laughing stock, on/off the park and everything else behind the scenes. 

We couldn't run a bath...and it falls on everyone behind the scenes. The board, and also the trust representative on it! what has her imput been whilst this absolute shambles has been developing. 

It totally rips apart any enthusiasm towards anything to do with going to watch the sons!
Will I go see the sons today? Nah not whilst that whopper is still in charge
Will I buy one of those 150 Kits? Nah why bother I wont have it for 6 months
Will I join the trust again this year? Nah having a seat on the board has no effect on these bandits at the helm anyway. 

Before I get abuse re the trust, The volunteers etc that plan fundraisers and the charity nights, bus, POTY awards, sportsman dinners etc all do a fantastic job....but the seat on the board is a glorified seat at a table we have no control over. 

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

If East Fife and Alloa have always managed to get gold, I wonder why it’s proven so difficult for the club for the last few decades.

Actually, looks like East Fife’s has been yellow several times over the same period.

It is a difficult colour in general. Most manufacturers seem to stock simple palettes.

We've probably got the longest kit partnership in world football with Pendle so naturally they cater for us but condensing a range into a simplified yellow/orange as opposed to stocking a yellow/gold/amber/orange is probably a decent financial choice.

I'm a big fan of Adidas 'collegiate gold' but the gear is more expensive.

image.thumb.png.285d32a82e67fd4b0d03756a3f2a2a06.png

Edited by LeodhasXD

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

this here is what i cant get my head around...they managed to manufacture gold kits way back when yet your telling me in the 21st century its somehow unattainable to get the right colour. 

Its Just another bs excuse among a big cloak of lies that we get told. 

I wonder if it will take 6 to 9 months for the top youve ordered to arrive like it usually does. 

Our club is a laughing stock, on/off the park and everything else behind the scenes. 

We couldn't run a bath...and it falls on everyone behind the scenes. The board, and also the trust representative on it! what has her imput been whilst this absolute shambles has been developing. 

It totally rips apart any enthusiasm towards anything to do with going to watch the sons!
Will I join the trust again this year? Nah having a seat on the board has no effect on these bandits at the helm anyway. 

Before I get abuse re the trust, The volunteers etc that plan fundraisers and the charity nights, bus, POTY awards, sportsman dinners etc all do a fantastic job....but the seat on the board is a glorified seat at a table we have no control over. 

A laughing stock with whom? Certainly not our supporters. They may be concerned but they won’t treat it as a laughing stock. And fans of other clubs either won’t know the situation or won’t care

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

By great good fortune you'll have a chance to raise and discuss some of these issues at the Sonstrust AGM this Wednesday evening in the Community Suite. 

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

By great good fortune you'll have a chance to raise and discuss some of these issues at the Sonstrust AGM this Wednesday evening in the Community Suite. 

I am nightshift on Wednesday, but I am almost certain I am not the only one that feels like this is the case. 

Hopefully more than one person addresses the elephant in the room (no pun intended) and actually asks wtf is going on. 

8 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I am nightshift on Wednesday, but I am almost certain I am not the only one that feels like this is the case. 

Hopefully more than one person addresses the elephant in the room (no pun intended) and actually asks wtf is going on. 

It helps if you're specific when you ask questions.

A general "whit are we like?" isnt going to get any answers.

There are plenty of areas where our club board have a case to answer but we need to be specific and target the right areas.

41 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It helps if you're specific when you ask questions.

A general "whit are we like?" isnt going to get any answers.

There are plenty of areas where our club board have a case to answer but we need to be specific and target the right areas.

Is this not a Trust AGM? I'll be shocked if our board (outside of Stephanie) is there to be questioned. 

A final reminder to all Sonstrust members and interested observers that the Trust AGM takes place tomorrow evening (Wednesday) between 7pm and 9pm in the Community Suite at the Dumbarton Football Stadium.  Bar facilities will be available from 6.30pm.

In line with Trust rules members are requested to display their membership cards on entry or confirm membership by other means.  Non-members are very welcome to attend on an observer basis but membership can be purchased on the night thus allowing full participation; in general we would strongly encourage as many Sons supporters as possible to join the Trust in what is becoming a critical period for the club.  Membership remains at £10 per annum. 

The opening hour or so will comprise Trust business, ie Chairman's remarks, financial statement, Board member re-election, etc., and thereafter Team Manager Stevie Farrell will be in attendance and both he and the Trust Director Stephanie Park will engage in audience discussion and respond to questions from the floor.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's a bit ad-hoc but members can submit questions by PM to me on here and I will pass them on.  Due to Covid I won't be in attendance myself.

I’ll have some questions for you before tomorrow night, thanks for passing on 👍🏼

Not strange at all for Farrell to turn up.

It's the type of person he is. He'll still genuinely believe that he can keep us up and that he can eventually take us forward. He's not one to go into hiding. Farrell has 100% confidence in himself.

Whether or not its the right decision is another matter. I personally don't think that it is. It has the potential to get nasty and I don’t think he'll do himself any favours if he reacts to some heated questions. 

I think that it would be better having the club chairman in attendance. Maybe even a player too. A q&a session with a player would potentially be a better atmosphere and I think that the club chairman is long overdue meeting the wider support.