Sons' sorrow

10 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Carswell got sent off nearly every game played since mid Jan somebody has been sent off

22 minutes ago, microdave said:
46 minutes ago, cremola foam said:
What I cannot forgive is the red card count.
The manager needs to get on top of that and has not.

Tbf, we've completed 27 out of 30 league matches with 11 men still on the park. There's plenty other things we can criticise him for, like playing players out of position, not having a balanced squad and just tonight chucking his players under the bus.

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Frank 'wherez ra birds' McAvennie on title stripping - Page 2 - The  Champions' Den - Rangers Media

If they'd any sense they'd launch him post-haste and give the gig to one of the senior players until the end of the season, if nobody else fancied it.

The problem is, I’m not sure they have any sense or actually care about how the club is doing. If I had to guess, I’d assume they think it’s too late now to make the change.

I can’t actually think of a player in the squad I’d want to have a crack at it. Someone (I can’t remember who) said a few weeks ago that they really hate this whole management and squad and I can only agree.

Incidentally, haven’t heard anything from @Jan Vojáčekpost-match. I feel so bad for him having to commentate and try to keep a positive spin on things. Hope he hasn’t finally snapped and gone all Harvey Dent on Farrell.

What we should be doing is instantly punting Farrell and asking someone to help us out. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this squad is not a dreadful one for this level, aye it’s peppered with some lowland league dross and it’s lacking in a competent striker but there are some players in there who should be more than capable at this level. It’s a better squad than the one Jim Duffy built. I’d even rather see him coming in for a few games to try and keep us up than stick with Farrell.

An experienced gaffer might not touch it in which case we should be talking to a couple of the more senior players. Paul Paton seems the most obvious choice given the level he’s played at throughout his career. He might not save us but I can guarantee you one thing, it wouldn’t be any worse than what we’re being served up just now. We need to try something different.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Incidentally, haven’t heard anything from @Jan Vojáčekpost-match. I feel so bad for him having to commentate and try to keep a positive spin on things. Hope he hasn’t finally snapped and gone all Harvey Dent on Farrell.

I've said it before on here, but I really like Faz. I get on well with him and nobody has tried harder than him to turn this around. Something evidently isn't working though and I couldn't face dissecting another game that felt as if it was over inside the first five minutes again.

Back home, had tea and tried my best to forget about what happened. I haven't even brought myself to write my report yet (which is normally a Saturday night job). The last few games have just sucked any hope right out of me.

Just to dig into the goalkeeping debate. I had a wee look into the numbers, and Kieran Wright has faced 38 shots on target in his games for us, conceding 17 goals.

10 of those shots on target came against Alloa. So excluding that he's faced 28 shots and conceded 15 times. 

He's absolutely superb at dealing with high balls. And his reactions and wrist strength from close range have been excellent. But I do worry when teams shoot from anywhere around the penalty area. As I said a few weeks ago, it feels like other teams have identified this and altered how they play against us based on who is in goals.

I didnt post yesterday cause I was fed up. Watching us is crap, it's the same dross week in week out and will continue until the end of the season at least. What worries me more is we are grim to watch now, we were grim to watch under Duffy (albeit some would argue effective at grinding games out) and we were grim to watch at the end of Aitken's reign. We are not exaclty attracting new fans or even existing ones. I know plenty who aren't bothering with the rest of the season its so bad! 

Now I'm the 1st one to agree there are more ways to skin a cat, playing barcelona-esque football won't work for all teams, and it's actually refreshing to see teams mix it up a bit. However, we are playing crap and not getting results which is a bad mix. At least if we were getting results we couldn't argue about how we got them. 

Whoever is in the door next needs to excite the fans and get bums on seats, whether that's by winning (most effective) or at least giving it a right good go! We are going down with a whimper this season, there is zero fight from any of them. We will be looking at a trapdoor out of the leagues so we can't afford to continue losing games AND losing punters. 

The board need to get their act together, they are as much to blame as anyone else for the mess we are in. We will have a player of the year night coming up soon, who the hell is gonna win that? I wouldn't give it to anyone. Big Josh would be my vote and he's played 3 games! That's how bad its been! 

That was rotten yesterday. None of the players gets pass marks. Falkirk were shite and didn't even need to try, which speaks volumes about just how poor Dumbarton were. Wylde, Bronsky, Wright all made glaring errors just off the top of my head. Effort levels were very poor all over the pitch. Left at 80 minutes and went to the pub. Can't see that squad / manager successfully navigating a relegation play off, and it looks more likely they just straight up finish 10th.

Almost exactly 4 years since we played that Challenge Cup final and almost every event that’s occurred since has been negative - with no end in sight.  What a draining grind it’s been.

I’m genuinely wondering whether we’ll be able to avoid a trapdoor playoff to the LL at the end of next season.

5 minutes ago, sonsism said:

If he doesn’t get punted until the end of the season they won’t be getting my season ticket money next season.

You won't buy a season ticket next season if Dumbarton don't sack Farrell just now?

You know that they will remove him in the close season, right?

21 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Until at least the end of the season.

Just in time for L2 football.

I refuse to believe we don’t have access to any lines of credit that we could use to pay him off now, rather than end of the season. If it’s down to money, then the board are being very short sighted to not consider the loss of revenue by being in L2 next season.

Also, if he hadn’t lost the dressing room already, he certainly will have done after that interview