Sons' sorrow

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That's great digging 👍. Seems to me though that this guy is trying to create some record of having one shower at as many clubs as he can over a career.

That was my concern to be fair. If we can get someone who can recreate that FC United form I'm not caring about anything else.

I'll probably be labelled a moany b*****d here but I think that badge we've put out for our 150th year looks shite. It looks very yellow and the banner added looks like something a 70 year old navy veteran has tattooed on his arm. The shirts better be fucking minted. 

IMG-20220130-WA0012.jpg

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'll probably be labelled a moany b*****d here but I think that badge we've put out for our 150th year looks shite. It looks very yellow and the banner added looks like something a 70 year old navy veteran has tattooed on his arm. The shirts better be fucking minted. 

IMG-20220130-WA0012.jpg

I have to agree. Surely this isn’t the design? I would have thought we would have done something similar to Tottenham and removed to outer badge and had the elephant with words around it.

The colours are nicer, but I think both look quite dated (which is different to retro). Less is more for me with this stuff, agree with the earlier suggestion of perhaps stripping the badge back and just leaving the elephant and castle there, with some nice font around it saying DFC 150 or whatever would've been nicer. Won't be a massive issue for me if we turn out a couple of pearlers for strips so I'll haud my wheesht until they are unveiled. 

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The colours are nicer, but I think both look quite dated (which is different to retro). Less is more for me with this stuff, agree with the earlier suggestion of perhaps stripping the badge back and just leaving the elephant and castle there, with some nice font around it saying DFC 150 or whatever would've been nicer. Won't be a massive issue for me if we turn out a couple of pearlers for strips so I'll haud my wheesht until they are unveiled. 

Aye colours are much smarter on the Vale one but you're right both efforts could be doing with some stripping back.

IMG-20220130-WA0012.jpg.cf3420b8b3f16f14791e6e21a8b1ae4a.jpg
I could be wrong but I don't think that will be the badge. I think they've just stuck that banner under it quickly for the website article.

That banner looks like it has been made using MS Word in the 90s.

If it is what we have opted for on the shirts then that's a discgrace imo. It would ruin what will hopefully will be a fantastic kit.

15 minutes ago, super-son said:

I could be wrong but I don't think that will be the badge. I think they've just stuck that banner under it quickly for the website article.

That banner looks like it has been made using MS Word in the 90s.

If it is what we have opted for on the shirts then that's a discgrace imo. It would ruin what will hopefully will be a fantastic kit.

It would seem strange to design a badge and put up a news article saying you've designed a new badge and then not use that badge as the image. 

The badge is no different to to our current one except with the anniversary on the bottom. If you look at our kits this season the badge has the same yellow colour rather than golden. It’s probably due to the kit supplier being unable to offer our exact badge colour.

Seems to be absolutely talking the talk but how many times have we heard this before.

A bit of investment would certainly be welcome as long as it doesn't do long term damage to the club.

As would a director who actively engages with the support.

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He was also interested in St Mirren a few years back.

A new messiah or just another naughty boy? 🤔