Sons' sorrow

20 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

That would be phenomenal business if we can pull that off. Probably free up a decent wage.

I mean, it's fair enough if we are bringing someone else in.

But I also don't imagine he'll be amongst our highest earners given his situation prior. I know he was at Partick the 2nd half of last season but I don't think he was in demand as such and was able to strike a money spinning deal. 

9 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I mean, it's fair enough if we are bringing someone else in.

But I also don't imagine he'll be amongst our highest earners given his situation prior. I know he was at Partick the 2nd half of last season but I don't think he was in demand as such and was able to strike a money spinning deal. 

To be fair we've already brought in Wylde, Wright, Oyinsan and Bronsky. Whilst McKnight (signed as an amateur), Lamont (signed as an amateur), Schiavone and Erskine (who will have been on buttons) are the only ones who have left.

We've already got Carswell and Paton who play in the same position as Geggan, and Carlo, Lynch and Hutchinson for RB. So it might be a case of balancing the books a wee bit. I'd also imagine, at this stage in his career, Andy will be looking to play every week.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

To be fair we've already brought in Wylde, Wright, Oyinsan and Bronsky. Whilst McKnight (signed as an amateur), Lamont (signed as an amateur), Schiavone and Erskine (who will have been on buttons) are the only ones who have left.

We've already got Carswell and Paton who play in the same position as Geggan, and Carlo, Lynch and Hutchinson for RB. So it might be a case of balancing the books a wee bit. I'd also imagine, at this stage in his career, Andy will be looking to play every week.

Yeah, I actually agree that we don't particularly have a need for him at this time and don't debate him leaving.

With Geggan and Maley leaving at this stage will we be looking to bring anyone in? I appreciate Maley would have been on little to nothing wage wise and getting Andy off the books may just be to help balance things. But it seems strange that we didn't do it earlier in the month, particularly with Maley who was only on Amateur terms. Geggan may have wanted to find another club before agreeing to moving on.

It's a real shame Geggan arrived just a season or two late to be a cracking signing for us. He just seemed half a second off it all season; as evidenced by the amount of yellow cards he picked up for flying into late challenges. Glad he at least managed to get that equaliser against Airdrie for a good memory from his second spell, but it's probably best for both parties that he moved on.

Good luck to Evan Maley too. He seemed a nice guy, and we didn't ever get a chance to see him in action. Hope both players get something sorted and get playing every week wherever they end up.

3 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

The Loons have signed Tomas Brindley on loan, he was with you guys, any good?

I don't really have much to say about Tam Brindley. He seemed like a fairly neat and tidy player, but not one who really influenced play a great deal. We played him at left-back and on the wing, which didn't suit him, but as a centre-mid I'd imagine he'll be a fairly good League Two player. 

The Loons have signed Tomas Brindley on loan, he was with you guys, any good?

Admittedly my concentration was tested when he was playing for us (Duffy-ball on an automatic camera wasn’t the easiest watch) but I remember wanting him to start for us. A solid but unspectacular cm. He did appear pretty mobile and played Box-to-box style. Can also be used a wide midfielder if you are desperate.

Someone like this perhaps?
Screenshot_20220130-022515_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68353467b6fe0b69ba2f51eedbec8122.jpg
Screenshot_20220130-022535_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e94c9fb4583e95f0d44dec20f3c82af0.jpg
Obviously a complete and utter stab in the dark but having recently played here would he still require clearance and things?

Good shout but he’s only just signed for St Patricks in the past couple of weeks.

They can offer Europa league qualifiers next season having finished second in the league of Ireland, however the league seems to be finished and have no fixtures scheduled so maybe a loan could be possible.

Edit: their league starts in 3 weeks so would be a strange one.

3 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Good shout but he’s only just signed for St Patricks in the past couple of weeks.

They can offer Europa league qualifiers next season having finished second in the league of Ireland, however the league seems to be finished and have no fixtures scheduled so maybe a loan could be possible.

Edit: their league starts in 3 weeks so would be a strange one.

I did notice that but I was not long home from my gig and catching up on everything and was wide awake. Had to start some kind of rumour 😂

The fact he hasn't actually played for them would mean that something may have changed circumstance wise but yeah... it was just me throwing something out there 😂

7 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I did notice that but I was not long home from my gig and catching up on everything and was wide awake. Had to start some kind of rumour 😂

The fact he hasn't actually played for them would mean that something may have changed circumstance wise but yeah... it was just me throwing something out there 😂

That's great digging 👍. Seems to me though that this guy is trying to create some record of having one shower at as many clubs as he can over a career.