Sons' sorrow

I'd take Rico back nae bother. Move Wylde up to left wing.

This new guy looks decent but he's had hundreds of clubs. Perhaps a good half season with us and he'll move on again. 

The manager and board have recognises our weaknesses and acted so fair play to that. Hopefully we see an improvement 

53 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I'd take Rico back nae bother. Move Wylde up to left wing.

This new guy looks decent but he's had hundreds of clubs. Perhaps a good half season with us and he'll move on again. 

The manager and board have recognises our weaknesses and acted so fair play to that. Hopefully we see an improvement 

If we could punt Boyle then I would bring Rico in. Sadly I don’t think Boyle is going anywhere.

27 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

So does anyone want to take a punt on how to pronounce the big chaps name 

I will be going with Oi-yin-sahn. I'll ask him tomorrow, but I was watching a podcast he was on and that seemed to be the correct pronunciation.

And for any rival commentators/announcers watching, Pignatiello is Pee-nat-ee-eh-low. 

25 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Aka Carlo 🤣

Approximately 15 minutes into every match that's exactly what I revert to. It's damn hard to say quickly when something exciting has happened.

5 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

“Pin-ya-tae-oh”

He normally gets the old Pig-nah-tello or Pignatee-ehlo I've noticed.

I took a guess on his first game (against Clydebank) based on Moto3 rider Andrea Migno (meen-yo) then asked Carlo after the game, and felt dead proud of myself that I'd pretty much nailed it :lol:

50 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Rabin Omar has been issued with a notice of complaint for alleged historical betting offences. 

Not sure when these occurred but what a silly bugger (if true).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59999975

I mind being a young lad stood outside William hill whilst my old man was in putting his bets on before heading to the rock and John Dillion got out of a car with Ian Russell and went in and back out with what I can only imagine on a Saturday at 1pm was a footy coupon lol 😂 

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I mind being a young lad stood outside William hill whilst my old man was in putting his bets on before heading to the rock and John Dillion got out of a car with Ian Russell and went in and back out with what I can only imagine on a Saturday at 1pm was a footy coupon lol 😂 

You'd regularly see young players in Sons tracksuits coming out of the Hills  in Dumbarton East. Never a suggestion that they were betting on football. Could easily believe that they were sinking money into FOBTs. But it was a pretty common sight. I suspect it's rife within football. There's an abundance of things to gamble on but footballers will see football as their area of expertise and a more attractive betting option, even if they're not betting on games they can directly influence.

Further to last weekend's discussion on this thread, the Scottish media has now picked up on the recently-submitted Sonstrust letter to the club.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10404855/Dumbarton-asked-assurances-clubs-future-amid-concerns-1-3m-takeover.html

I believe that other journalists may also be tracking this story.

15 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Given that we will be lucky to break the thousand mark does anyone know why we have made the Dundee game all ticket?

Big club mentality