Sons' sorrow

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve just been informed It’s an 18 month deal Wylde has signed, I totally missed that reading the announcement. If the board are sanctioning such deals you’ve got to imagine that Farrell isn’t going anywhere any time soon otherwise it’s absolute madness to be allowing that.

I wouldn't be shocked if the board didn't pick up on it either tbh.

3 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Anyone think Farrell reads P&B? Very keen to stress he doesn’t know Gregg Wylde “contrary to reports”.

Hopefully he does, and gets a sense of how poor morale is amongst the fans 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not sure I believe him on that. Either way, the Newcastle trip was stupid, but it happened and that's that.

“I’ve got to be honest, the narrative around it angers me. There are one or two people about this club who are very, very negative. And at times very, very critical when they don’t know the facts.

I'd be interested to know who he's talking about there. I don't really get what he expects, given the run of form we've been on.

Edited by FifeSons

The thing with Farrell, he doesn't  believe what he's saying. In the one minute and thirty odd seconds he touched his nose about 5 or 6 times.

Nose Touching – Someone may touch or slightly rub their nose if they are doubtful about what is being said or if they are rejecting an idea. Rubbing the nose may also be a sign of deceit because the person is uncomfortable with what they are saying

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I'm not sure I believe him on that. Either way, the Newcastle trip was stupid, but it happened and that's that.

“I’ve got to be honest, the narrative around it angers me. There are one or two people about this club who are very, very negative. And at times very, very critical when they don’t know the facts.

I'd be interested to know who he's talking about there. I don't really get what he expects, given the run of form we've been on.

I think there will be some negativity about any club which has taken 4 points from a possible 36. 

Edited by Frank Quitely

Shameless self plugging time - Faz talking about his aims to add to the squad before the East Fife game. Clicky.

If between now and the end of the window we can get a GK, RB, CB and Striker of decent quality that would represent a great window. I’m very glad that Farrell at least knows the main area’s of weakness.

Goalkeeper and Right-Back by far the most important to address. Honestly I think with the right team around them and some consistency in the lineup - McLean and Duthie would work well up top in a 4-4-2.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

The thing with Farrell, he doesn't  believe what he's saying. In the one minute and thirty odd seconds he touched his nose about 5 or 6 times.

Sorry snudge this is Google Psychology. You need to "baseline" someone before you can determine if behaviour like that is deceitful. Faz might touch his nose all the time, or he might have a cold. Looking a bit too much into it tbh.

Faz definitely reads this board, he has said a few times "people keep saying I need a striker..." the only people he could be referring to are us on here given its something we've bemoaned since the squad was built. I've no problem with that tbh, we've had managers in the past who either ignore or don't address fan worries (Duffy the most frustrating example of that) and it leads to resentment within the support. It might not work for Faz on the park but I'll always welcome someone who at least tries to explain their thought process and feelings, rather than the fake muck guys like Duffy and Aitken put in the media.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry snudge this is Google Psychology. You need to "baseline" someone before you can determine if behaviour like that is deceitful. Faz might touch his nose all the time, or he might have a cold. Looking a bit too much into it tbh.

Faz definitely reads this board, he has said a few times "people keep saying I need a striker..." the only people he could be referring to are us on here given its something we've bemoaned since the squad was built. I've no problem with that tbh, we've had managers in the past who either ignore or don't address fan worries (Duffy the most frustrating example of that) and it leads to resentment within the support. It might not work for Faz on the park but I'll always welcome someone who at least tries to explain their thought process and feelings, rather than the fake muck guys like Duffy and Aitken put in the media.

Nah mate, trust me. He's a filthy liar and my quick Google to psychologically profile a guy I don't know based on a 1 minute 30 second interview holds true. 

54 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Shameless self plugging time - Faz talking about his aims to add to the squad before the East Fife game. Clicky.

Think that is a fair enough interview. But he now needs to work hard to action his plans. In addition, we can't afford to add any more absolute jobbers into the squad as we require significant improvement in all of the areas he mentions. I really hope when he mentions a goalkeeper that he doesn't mean someone to warm the bench and he wants to bring in someone who will settle the defenders in front of him somewhat.

I am really concerned about how long McGeever might be out after the interview with Faz. I wonder if we could get someone in on loan for a few months to cover him or if we just look for cover for the rest of the season anyway. We just cannot run with a back 4 containing Buchanan, Lynch and Geggan in it... 

Think that is a fair enough interview. But he now needs to work hard to action his plans. In addition, we can't afford to add any more absolute jobbers into the squad as we require significant improvement in all of the areas he mentions. I really hope when he mentions a goalkeeper that he doesn't mean someone to warm the bench and he wants to bring in someone who will settle the defenders in front of him somewhat.
I am really concerned about how long McGeever might be out after the interview with Faz. I wonder if we could get someone in on loan for a few months to cover him or if we just look for cover for the rest of the season anyway. We just cannot run with a back 4 containing Buchanan, Lynch and Geggan in it... 

It would probably be smart for us just to rule out seeing McGeever again this season.

He injured his knee over 2 months ago and has now broken down in training when he tried to return - looks like we were trying to avoid surgery but that may be inevitable now (similar to Chilwell at Chelsea).

Hopefully going forward we see something like…

New
New, Buchanan, Boyle/New, Wylde
Duthie, Pignateillo, Carswell, McKee/Wilson
McLean, New

I think Boyle’s best position might actually be CB because he reads the game pretty well. Wilson and McKee could drift inside to create space for the overlap (which Wylde seems far more capable of than Boyle and has more quality than Muir). One thing I think it’s important to highlight is how much our full back lack of pace has prevented us playing how Faz wants this season - and if he’s addressed that by moving Pignateillo to RB it’s then created a similar issue in the CDM region. I’m glad he is keen to address it!

This team isn’t perfect and Buchanan I think will never convince me but it would give us a good chance going forward - as long as the signings are actually decent.

On another note do we have to email the club again for tickets for this Saturday? I’ve not seen anything on the OS like there was for the Airdrie game.

Edit: just seen it’s back to turnstiles as usual.