Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

My eyes are firmly open. 

Instead of posting riddles then present us with facts and evidence. The average fan isn’t privvy to ITK information, I work with a few Sons fans who have absolutely zero clue what is going on behind the scenes and think I’m a bit of doom merchant for trying to inform them of how bad the situation really is. 

I’ve asked plenty of questions in the past and will ask plenty of questions in the future, including at numerous meetings with previous owners and board members. I was always told that whilst our owners are charlatans they generally left us to get on with things. This information regarding them bot coughing up sponsorship money now or in the past is completely new to me and I’m sure many others. Why is this sort of thing not being called out? Why is this information not being made public? 

It’s very, very difficult for anyone to gather facts and solid information from random folk posting anonymously on a football forum. It’s even harder trying to convince other people how bad the situation is when that’s all you have to back it up.

This has been the situation for many many years.Fans really DO NOT KNOW what is going on.Football is notorious for people with agendas therefore what you hear through the grapevine might be total shite.Johnny Red is saying the Norweigan is taking cash out of the club.Quite possibly.But where is the proof.Who has access to the club bank account to write blank cheques?

I can only assume the worse as the club has always been in debt to my knowledge.If you go back to the 70s when we were regularly selling players but paying them f**k all we always needed about 300 grand in extra income( according to an old interview with alex wright from the early 80s) to balance the books.Why?You can only assume a major amount of pilfering given gates were about 3000 back then.

Add in Sir Hugh getting involved in the club at a time when he was almost bankrupt can only make you think he was in it for himself.Maybe not..but again show the  proof.

Aloofness is something that has plagued the clubs various boards over the years.You are looked down upon if you are not ITK.I say this from personal experience by the way.Although this point has been covered enough above.

I suppose if Rangers going under ( with all their high profile attention) came as a shock to most then what hope do we have with our wee club?As fans we are asking for more clarity to what is really going on.What if the ground move fails again?What then?Is there a plan B?We deserve to know as we have all put money in at somepoint.

Schiavone back to Hearts.  We didn’t really see enough of him to fully judge but I thought he looked better than most of our limited options upfront.  Felt he was one of those players where once we he scored he could go on a wee run.  Unfortunately I don’t think he started a game for us again after he scored against Sauchie.

I thought Schiavone looked a good player. He was certainly excellent physically for a guy who had just turned 18. Strong, quick, good in the air. Awkward. Coming to us was maybe just a bit too soon for him and he didn't really look like scoring all that often. I'd imagine he'd cause plenty of problems in League Two or the Lowland League, and probably grab some goals too.

Good luck to him. The move didn't really work out as well as either party would've hoped, but I reckon he'll have learnt plenty and go on to make a decent career for himself.

Hopefully Faz has a loanee striker who can hit the net lined up.

I think Schiavone was very harshly dropped out of the blue tbh. After starting numerous games and generaly being the best player in a Sons shirt he just all of a sudden found himself on the bench. He had absolutely f**k all to work with yet always put in a good shift. Since he was dropped who has performed better upfront? Certainly not Stokes or Orsi anyway. Farrell used to always hook him after about 65 minutes as well, despite him being our best player, leaving far less effective players on the park. Bizarre stuff. Ultimately he’s a guy who isn’t an out and out striker and the manager is expecting him to play like one, 

I think if he had a goalscorer to play off of he’d be a decent player at this level, nevermind the league or two below us. Good luck to him, he’s better off away from us anyway, we were doing nothing for his development and he was working under a manager who clearly struggles to identify when a young player is contributing and performing well. 

We absolutely need a striker in before the weekend, we could actually be doing with 2 because we currently don’t have one on the books which is ludicrous at this stage of the season.

I hope Wylde does well but I certainly hope any further signings are a bit more inspiring. Faz complains we're not good enough at the back but I'm not sure a 30 year old winger-come-left back from the Lowland League is the type of signing to fix that. I guess Muir will be out the door shortly too. 

Feel for Schiavone, he grew with each game he played IMO and should really have started every game he was available for. If he adds goals to his game he'll be a good lower league striker, perhaps more than that one day. 

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I hope Wylde does well but I certainly hope any further signings are a bit more inspiring. Faz complains we're not good enough at the back but I'm not sure a 30 year old winger-come-left back from the Lowland League is the type of signing to fix that. I guess Muir will be out the door shortly too. 

Feel for Schiavone, he grew with each game he played IMO and should really have started every game he was available for. If he adds goals to his game he'll be a good lower league striker, perhaps more than that one day. 

I agree, and if Wylde was doing well for EK then why did he leave ?  Seems a bit odd ?

EFF12163-68C2-40E8-BBEE-164CD101BD35.thumb.jpeg.bcb2f2eb0e16d461ee958ae6f1d002c2.jpeg

I would certainly take him back after his showing last season in a rancid squad.

Unsure if he can play for Falkirk, Elgin and another team in one season though so yous may well be stuck with him for the rest of the season.

16 minutes ago, son hawk said:

I would certainly take him back after his showing last season in a rancid squad.

Unsure if he can play for Falkirk, Elgin and another team in one season though so yous may well be stuck with him for the rest of the season.

Tried to forget he played for us to be fair. 

20 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I fully expect Schavione to crack on and get capped for Scotland. We seem to be a great place for players to come to, realise that they never want to be at this level of shiteness again, they kick on and get a Scotland cap.

Be banging in the winner as we lift the cup in Qatar.

3 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

I agree, and if Wylde was doing well for EK then why did he leave ?  Seems a bit odd ?

In his own words -clicky

“It was important for me to get back into league football. I’m 30 now and I’ve learnt a lot in my time – especially going down south when I left Scotland for a few years.

“I learnt a lot not just in football, but about myself as a man. Sometimes you need to go backwards to go forward.”

I’ve just been informed It’s an 18 month deal Wylde has signed, I totally missed that reading the announcement. If the board are sanctioning such deals you’ve got to imagine that Farrell isn’t going anywhere any time soon otherwise it’s absolute madness to be allowing that. I’m not sure why we haven’t offered him something until the end of the season instead of committing to next season as well, we could be lumped with some right jobbers next season if he it doesn’t turn out well. Bold move from all involved.