Sons' sorrow

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Recent financial reports said debt had been wiped and given the current playing squad vs income I’d be astounded if they were syphoning money from the club to line their pockets. 

I’d like to think someone would have spoken up by now if that was the case.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Agree with what’s been said about the ownership being dreadful, but also agree with BBPF that we should still be better than this. This current side would be right down at the bottom end of L2. I’m sorry, but I refuse to believe that’s the best we can do, even with the ownership situation.
This team is poor, but also seem like they’ve stopped playing for the manager. Very similar to the end of Aitken’s reign - remember the Raith game at home, anyone?

Don’t agree that they’ve stopped playing. The effort is still there. And although I think we are on course to go down I don’t think the current side would be at foot of league two

We need a gaffer with a bit of fire in the belly , get in there and give them there character . Rile them up and get  them to  go out and fight every week for points , a few them need to see it for what it is . A relegation dog fight .

We showed it against Airdrie away. There's fire in there somewhere . 

Farrel has had his chance and it's not worked . 

16 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Don’t agree that they’ve stopped playing. The effort is still there. And although I think we are on course to go down I don’t think the current side would be at foot of league two

I’m not so sure. The only thing masking us being adrift at the bottom of this league is the early season good form. The form table from the last 10 games or so is free fall territory. It’s extremely rare managers ever come back from this kind of form.

Edited by FifeSons

Recent financial reports said debt had been wiped and given the current playing squad vs income I’d be astounded if they were syphoning money from the club to line their pockets. 
I’d like to think someone would have spoken up by now if that was the case.

You’re off the mark there, the word sponge comes to mind…..and have invested the square root of zip

Farrell needs to see himself that he’s in a rut….but for me surely by now directors have to step in and say this isn’t in the clubs best interests 

Also, how can any manager stand on the touch line and expect different results when he sets up with the same tactics, if you can even call them that, and refuses to make an attempt at changing it when it’s not working. 

very very similar to Brechin in the championship at the minute. A guaranteed 3 points for any opposition and a board that sat on their arse and let the club sink with Dodds at the helm, “cause he was a nice guy” and deserved the chance. 

this isn’t a people pleasing game. Farrell isn’t doing good enough…simple enough solution, do what’s best for the club and give someone a chance to rescue this club before it falls further into a non recoverable position in the depths of league 2 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Red said:

You’re off the mark there, the word sponge comes to mind…..and have invested the square root of zip

Agreed.  And as someone above has already suggested above there are different ways to skin a cat; supporters should get themselves onto Companies House and view the traffic involving Cognitive Capital, Brabco 736 and Dumbarton Football Club over the last year.  Land can be every bit as much an asset as hard cash.

Not to mention our stadium and shirt sponsor Morerooms Ltd.  They were proud enough to advertise their involvement on 8th October 2021 (see below) but I believe they are still to pony up their £35K commitment.  Shades of Bet Butler...oh, hold on....

https://moreroom.com/news/moreroom-extensions-sponsor-dumbarton-f-c/

As for the comparison between now and the Championship, we are talking about different personnel in both the club ownership and the club Board of Directors - very different indeed.  The ownership situation and the saga of the fantasy football palace on the Renton Road has been grim over the last decade but we are now into a much more concerning phase.  

If folk don't think the recent exit of a Chairman, the Company Secretary and two Associate Directors are indicative of this then that is their entitlement.  But they would be wrong.  

The current on field predicament is absolutely a consequence of the ownership situation….. current owners and previously Brabco. 
We appear to have a 3 person board. Does anyone believe this is an effective set up to provide leadership, commercial success and a winning team. 
Is it time for the supporters trust to ask questions and engage fans in addressing what appears to malaise as we slide downwards. 

If we go down I can see us doing a Brechin and going right out the leagues.  Its hard enough trying to get folk along to games just now never mind down there.  Club is in real trouble.

Going to games feels like a chore now.  Murder.  

Did we ever have a run this bad even at the very depths of Paul Martin and Gerry McCabe? Would be interested to know, maybe Jan/Microdave can confirm.
Luckily, I’m (just) young enough not to remember Fallon…
Since the poor run started with a draw against Alloa at the end of September, we've taken five points from 13 games. I've had a look back at a few managers final 13 league games not including play off matches.

Jim Duffy - 14 points.
Stevie Aitken - 8 points.
Ian Murray - 11 points.
Alan Adamson - 11 points.
Jim Chapman - 7 points.
Gerry McCabe - 13 points.
Paul Martin - 2 points.
Brian Fairley - 13 points.
David Winnie - 14 points.
Tam Carson - 25 points.
Jimmy Brown - 14 points.
Ian Wallace - 13 points.
Jim Fallon - 6 points.
Murdo MacLeod - 25 points.
Billy Lamont - 13 points.

Didn't mean to do so many but I got a wee bit carried away.

12 minutes ago, microdave said:

Since the poor run started with a draw against Alloa at the end of September, we've taken five points from 13 games. I've had a look back at a few managers final 13 league games not including play off matches.

Jim Duffy - 14 points.
Stevie Aitken - 8 points.
Ian Murray - 11 points.
Alan Adamson - 11 points.
Jim Chapman - 7 points.
Gerry McCabe - 13 points.
Paul Martin - 2 points.
Brian Fairley - 13 points.
David Winnie - 14 points.
Tam Carson - 25 points.
Jimmy Brown - 14 points.
Ian Wallace - 13 points.
Jim Fallon - 6 points.
Murdo MacLeod - 25 points.
Billy Lamont - 13 points.

Didn't mean to do so many but I got a wee bit carried away.

That’s absolutely phenomenal work.

Paul Martin. Wow. At least Farrell actually seems like a nice guy, unlike PM.

1 hour ago, Johnny Red said:

Where is the evidence that they are actively taking money from the club that the club earns through sponsorship and ticket sales and anything else that goes towards a playing budget? If it’s out there then fire it in here and educate us. There wouldn’t be hellish much to take. Them fucking around with the surrounding land and doing whatever they are doing with it doesn’t impact Farrell’s budget FWIW.

If we need someone to pump money into us then we aren’t self sufficient and the chances of finding someone who will are slim to none. Unfortunately for us, a lot of teams in the lower leagues do have someone pumping money in but it shouldn’t be a requirement of any owner to do so.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Where is the evidence that they are actively taking money from the club that the club earns through sponsorship and ticket sales and anything else that goes towards a playing budget? If it’s out there then fire it in here and educate us. There wouldn’t be hellish much to take. Them fucking around with the surrounding land and doing whatever they are doing with it doesn’t impact Farrell’s budget FWIW.

If we need someone to pump money into us then we aren’t self sufficient and the chances of finding someone who will are slim to none. Unfortunately for us, a lot of teams in the lower leagues do have someone pumping money in but it shouldn’t be a requirement of any owner to do so.

The best work of conmen is leaving you believing that you haven't been conned.

If you don't think that the non receipt of £35k promised sponsorship from a fking charlatan (who's previous company Bet Butler never came across with money either) doesn't affect the manager's budget then there is no point in discussing it with you.