Sons' sorrow

Farrell should have been punted after the Peterhead game but we’re now stuck with him. To get rid of him at this stage would be daft, we need new players and we need them pronto, even if I don’t trust Farrell to recruit well. Unless we have someone lined up to take over straight away then we’ll just need to keep our fingers crossed that he can work a miracle. 

His home record is absolutely abysmal, 2 wins in 12 and those were against a toiling East Fife and Sauchie. The result against Alloa, which I thought was hugely lucky, has made this incredible run of shiteness look less shite than it actually is.

Farrell is on a two year deal so I doubt if we would get rid of him Also our main problem at the back is constant individual errors. Another one today by the keeper. The number of penalties we have conceded is a clear reflection of that. There isn’t a great deal that Farrell can do about errors like that

13 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Farrell is on a two year deal so I doubt if we would get rid of him Also our main problem at the back is constant individual errors. Another one today by the keeper. The number of penalties we have conceded is a clear reflection of that. There isn’t a great deal that Farrell can do about errors like that

Individual mistakes may be costing goals but we are hopeless all over the park. The midfield today were non existant and the lack of width meant we were rarely going to threaten (that was down to the manager). The players aren’t blameless, far from it, but the buck stops with Farrell unfortunately and this dreadful run of form can’t go on much longer, whether he’s on a two year deal or not. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Individual mistakes may be costing goals but we are hopeless all over the park. The midfield today were non existant and the lack of width meant we were rarely going to threaten (that was down to the manager). The players aren’t blameless, far from it, but the buck stops with Farrell unfortunately and this dreadful run of form can’t go on much longer, whether he’s on a two year deal or not. 

I would agree with this, and I'm really struggling to understand the denial of quite a number of Sons fans in the face of mounting evidence.  Sure, we are bedevilled by errors (and penalties conceded) but these are not random misfortunes, they are the result of a lack of quality across the squad and repeated bad decision-making.  And that's only the defence stuff.  For the only time in my memory we are going thro a season without a striker on the books - WTF ??  The false dawn of a decent league start needs to be seen for what it was, a very false dawn, and it should be obvious that we are now staring relegation in the face.  Just my opinion of course, but I've been watching Sons for a very long time and the current situation is right down there with the worst of it.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I would agree with this, and I'm really struggling to understand the denial of quite a number of Sons fans in the face of mounting evidence.  Sure, we are bedevilled by errors (and penalties conceded) but these are not random misfortunes, they are the result of a lack of quality across the squad and repeated bad decision-making.  And that's only the defence stuff.  For the only time in my memory we are going thro a season without a striker on the books - WTF ??  The false dawn of a decent league start needs to be seen for what it was, a very false dawn, and it should be obvious that we are now staring relegation in the face.  Just my opinion of course, but I've been watching Sons for a very long time and the current situation is right down there with the worst of it.

I think the vast majority of Sons fans would agree we’re deep in the shit now and would accept that automatic relegation is becoming increasingly likely. 

Fair play to the supporters team, that looks like some event they are organising. They have already confirmed big Grindlay, Stevie Murray, Martin Mooney, Ryan McStay and Dennis McLaughlin for the legends team that they are taking on down the Rock, that’s good going. A sportsmans dinner type event takes place afterwards as well. I reckon both of those will pull in a very healthy crowd.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hopefully that means we bring in another keeper that will take the number 1 spot. The one we currently have is going to cost us a shit load more goals.

Announcements tonight maybe being that it's a training night?

42 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Hopefully that means we bring in another keeper that will take the number 1 spot. The one we currently have is going to cost us a shit load more goals.

Announcements tonight maybe being that it's a training night?

I doubt it as we still have 2 'keepers. As much as that would be one of the best things we could do right now. I'm fed up with Ramsbottom and his persistent time wasting from the first minute every week.

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Farrell said there will be 2 coming in this week but unless they sign tomorrow we will actually be 2 doon come Saturday. 

Assuming we still train on Thursday nights I expected a couple of announcements tonight.

That was my thoughts but I wonder if they will get photos etc at training and then produce a teaser in the morning.

Either that or we continue to be a joke and the moves fell through etc etc...