Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Club asking fans to take LFTs before attending the Jan 2nd game. Its unclear if it's a request from the club or if it's no test, no entry?

I'll stick with the webcast. Cant be arsed faffing about.

If it was no test no entry I'm sure that would have been stated. The guidance from the SG is to take an LFT before meeting people so it's probably in line with that. Can't see them turning anyone away. Tests can be faked anyway so makes it pointless asking for proof regardless.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Club asking fans to take LFTs before attending the Jan 2nd game. Its unclear if it's a request from the club or if it's no test, no entry?

I'll stick with the webcast. Cant be arsed faffing about.

Any chance that a Goalkeeping Proficiency Test can be introduced too ?

14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Any chance that a Goalkeeping Proficiency Test can be introduced too ?

Hahaha 😂. I would be asking exactly the same if we still had Gourlay between the sticks. Those two are in a league of their own!

Dabrowski to Ramsbottom is a fair difference. Former I thought was outstanding and should be playing every week at a top level, pains me to see him sitting on the bench every week for Hibs.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Asking folk to take an LFT to sit outside is fucking bonkers. Nobody knows whit they're doing any more. Asking folk to do things for the sake of it.

Especially when half our squad just swan around doing what they like and our goalkeeping coach is spouting covid related nonsense all over Twitter.

When you consider our former groundsman had his balls dragged across hot coals for talking about the pitch in public, some of the stuff from "Big Eric" has been lucky to escape criticism/disciplinary so far.

4 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

If you test positive you shouldn't be leaving your house never mind going to the football.

I'll take a test when I have symptoms or if I know I've been in close contact with a positive case, as I did two weeks ago. I'm not taking a test if I have no symptoms and I'm going to sit/stand outside. 

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

When you consider our former groundsman had his balls dragged across hot coals for talking about the pitch in public, some of the stuff from "Big Eric" has been lucky to escape criticism/disciplinary so far.

I'll take a test when I have symptoms or if I know I've been in close contact with a positive case, as I did two weeks ago. I'm not taking a test if I have no symptoms and I'm going to sit/stand outside. 

Your time must be so  precious that you can't spare 15 minutes.

21 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not taking a test every time I leave the house for something I'm vaccinated against. If you want to do so, wire in, stop forcing it on everyone else.

You seem to be thinking of nobody but yourself. How selfish. The fact that you think you have no symptoms ignores the fact that people can be positive without showing any symptoms and can be spreading this by mixing with the community. It may behove you to think about others and do your bit to help protect fellow human beings.

9 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

You seem to be thinking of nobody but yourself. How selfish. The fact that you think you have no symptoms ignores the fact that people can be positive without showing any symptoms and can be spreading this by mixing with the community. It may behove you to think about others and do your bit to help protect fellow human beings.

I've had two vaccines to protect others. I isolate when I need to and I'll take a test if there's reason to. "Leaving the house" isn't a reason to test yourself and "stansing outside" certainly isn't either, so with respect, go and take a f**k to yourself.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I've had two vaccines to protect others. I isolate when I need to and I'll take a test if there's reason to. "Leaving the house" isn't a reason to test yourself and "stansing outside" certainly isn't either, so with respect, go and take a f**k to yourself.

What vaccines did you get to protect others? Do tell. The Covid vaccine primarily is to protect you from more serious illness should you be unfortunate enough contract it. You can carry and spread the virus even if you have been vaccinated. Seems to me that education could help you. First action could be to get a third injection.

7 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

What vaccines did you get to protect others? Do tell. The Covid vaccine primarily is to protect you from more serious illness should you be unfortunate enough contract it. You can carry and spread the virus even if you have been vaccinated. Seems to me that education could help you. First action could be to get a third injection.

Without wanting to wade in here, I got the vaccine because the big marketing campaign at the time was that it would protect you "and those around you." My grandparents are both CEV, so I got it for them. The first dose made me ill, the second dose made me as ill as I've been in my adult life. I could barely leave bed for a week after it.

I'm not fussed in the slightest about catching Covid myself. Since the start of the pandemic 14 people in my age group and below have died for any reason within 28 days of a positive test. Getting in my car and driving is probably a bigger risk to me than Covid. To have a go at someone for getting it to protect others, when that was what we were told was the case, isn't really a good look.

Instagram%20+%20Facebook%20-%20Protect%2

Edited by Jan Vojáček

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

You like to assume a lot about a person based on very little. I'm not eligible to take a booster just now but I probably will when the time comes because ultimately the better I can fight off an illness the less risk it is to people around me. I've taken every step I can to protect my family through this and kept my distance from others wherever possible, just because I don't think taking a test which has invariable accuracy before standing outside in a 2,000 capacity stand with 300 people in it is helping much doesn't make me selfish. Your first action could be to sit doon.