Jump to content

Sons' sorrow


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

That was the only one I could find, possibly the only other time it has happened?

Quite possibly although there were a few capped players in the 19th century when we were one of the best teams in the country. I've got a book detailing all Scotland fixtures up to 2001 (I think). I'll dig it out and have a look when I get home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, microdave said:

Quite possibly although there were a few capped players in the 19th century when we were one of the best teams in the country. I've got a book detailing all Scotland fixtures up to 2001 (I think). I'll dig it out and have a look when I get home.

Yeah, I meant post black and white world

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there any reason that we seem to be the only business who are still not accepting contactless card payments?

Every wee roll shop, pub, cafe or coffee shop in the town accepts contactless payments but I need to get cash out if I want a pie or a beer at the ground. Not the end of the world but it would be nice if we upgraded the services a wee bit, it can't be too cost heavy given the shops that offer the service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is there any reason that we seem to be the only business who are still not accepting contactless card payments?

Every wee roll shop, pub, cafe or coffee shop in the town accepts contactless payments but I need to get cash out if I want a pie or a beer at the ground. Not the end of the world but it would be nice if we upgraded the services a wee bit, it can't be too cost heavy given the shops that offer the service. 

Pretty sure we offer that option when paying for something in the reception area so god knows why that can’t be arranged for the bar or the turnstiles. Most other businesses are encouraging people not to use cash at the minute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/09/2021 at 12:46, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Pretty sure we offer that option when paying for something in the reception area so god knows why that can’t be arranged for the bar or the turnstiles. Most other businesses are encouraging people not to use cash at the minute.

The bar has a card machine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Real shame the attendance was only 469 today. That's incredibly poor for a Saturday 3pm kick off in decent weather, and after a good result up at Montrose.

Hopefully the start to the season encourages a few more folk back along. I had hoped being locked out for a season might encourage some good turnouts. But that hasn't been the case at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Real shame the attendance was only 469 today. That's incredibly poor for a Saturday 3pm kick off in decent weather, and after a good result up at Montrose.

Hopefully the start to the season encourages a few more folk back along. I had hoped being locked out for a season might encourage some good turnouts. But that hasn't been the case at all.

I think a lot of folk were already apprehensive about all things COVID with returning to games. With the fact West Dunbartonshire has been near or at the top of the list for the the whole country for the last few weeks and the announcement of vaccine passports thus week I think a few will be staying away a while longer.

Likewise with the supporters buses. I can't see them filling up until things are much more under control. Whether that is this season nobody even knows. It is very hard to distance on a bus/coach and you don't know how everyone else on the bus is behaving with regards to keeping themselves safe and subsequently everyone else who would be travelling with them.

Edited by squeezebox-son
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

I think a lot of folk were already apprehensive about all things COVID with returning to games. With the fact West Dunbartonshire has been near or at the top of the list for the the whole country for the last few weeks and the announcement of vaccine passports thus week I think a few will be staying away a while longer.

Likewise with the supporters buses. I can't see them filling up until things are much more under control. Whether that is this season nobody even knows. It is very hard to distance on a bus/coach and you don't know how everyone else on the bus is behaving with regards to keeping themselves safe and subsequently everyone else who would be travelling with them.

There's a lot of truth in this, and we also need to assess the number of people who would normally be there who are currently streaming the games.  I was never convinced that folk would be banging down the doors anyway, and especially at Dumbarton where the football over the last eighteen months or so has been pretty grim to watch.

It also has to be said that after the initial announcement of the takeover in early May, there has been next to no meaningful communication since; in fact it's worse than that as people realise that it's the same speculative Brabco plan in a different wrapper.  The best hope meantime is that the team can continue the so far very decent start to the league campaign and locals begin to get behind it by attending home games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...