Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Erskine's injury might be more trouble than we first thought. At least we've got a back-up sorted out. 

Calum said on the stream the other week that it was about 10/11 weeks until he'd be back. 

Signing O'Neil for the season suggests to me that Erskine will be going out on loan in January though. Faz maybe hasn't been convinced by his performances.

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Calum said on the stream the other week that it was about 10/11 weeks until he'd be back. 

Signing O'Neil for the season suggests to me that Erskine will be going out on loan in January though. Faz maybe hasn't been convinced by his performances.

It worries me if he's been convinced by Paddy O'Neil's performances. 

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Chances are he's never seen him play to be fair. There must be Brechin fans who haven't seen him play, and he was with them for about decade!

Paddy was happy to be a bench warmer.  The majority of his appearances would have been since Buzz left for Stenny but the team as a whole didn't have much confidence.  The odd appearances he made while Buzz was with us varied from playing an absolute blinder to having some absolute howlers.  Typical for a sub keeper at this level.  I would say he needs to command his box a bit better and be more vocal to his defence.  Providing they can provide a decent level of cover then he should be ok.  However, if the defence is all to hell then he can only do so much to keep the ball out of the net!

9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Don't be too hasty.  Jaime Wilson helped keep us in League One - he could do the same for you.

He's fucking shite. He has contributed absolutely nothing, every time he's came on as a sub you'll be lucky if he even touches the ball. All he does is run around avoiding the play. I'd be doing junior football a disservice by saying that's his level. He might get a game there. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

He's fucking shite. He has contributed absolutely nothing, every time he's came on as a sub you'll be lucky if he even touches the ball. All he does is run around avoiding the play. I'd be doing junior football a disservice by saying that's his level. He might get a game there. 

Sounds like he’s played plenty of football for you to come to such a judgement…

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think you missed the nuance of @O'Kelly Isley III's post.

To be fair, he turned us down and I wasn't overly fussed about him going at the time. But, given our lack of options up at the end of the field, I reckon he would still be worth having in the squad as an option. If we can play some more expansive football he would score a few goals.

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Fucking hell, that went right over your wee heed.

On 04/09/2021 at 14:47, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I see Jaime Wilson is spearheading the Bairns attack at Rugby Park today.  Could be his big chance to silence the doubters.

Had a one on one with the keeper and ran the ball right out of play…