Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Striker Ryan Schiavone joins on loan until January.

Not exactly the kind of signing I was hoping for. Albeit proven experienced goal scorers are extremely hard to come by. Usually the younger strikers are a bit raw and get bullied around by the experienced defenders. Hopefully that's not the case though and he can prove me wrong.

I'm guessing he will get given a run out tonight against the colt team. Go on grab yourself a few goals tonight son!

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

Not exactly the kind of signing I was hoping for. Albeit proven experienced goal scorers are extremely hard to come by. Usually the younger strikers are a bit raw and get bullied around by the experienced defenders. Hopefully that's not the case though and he can prove me wrong.

I'm guessing he will get given a run out tonight against the colt team. Go on grab yourself a few goals tonight son!

It's pretty much exactly the type of guy I was expecting to bring in tbh. Look at the full time teams in our division, Falkirk have Anton Dowds and Jaime Wilson as 2 of their 3 strikers, Cove never added anyone up front this summer and neither did Queens Park, although they already have a decent line up for this level in Murray and McHugh. Airdrie are the only ones who have significantly added to that area and I'm not sure any of those players are in our price range, aside from maybe Jordan Allan. There aren't many good strikers dropping to this level any more, the only two strikers I'd have liked to see come in that other clubs have signed are Russell McLean and Kyle Connell - we don't have enough cash for the former and the latter went to East Fife when we were clearly waiting on Schiavone. My worry is the Hearts website doesn't particularly describe him as your typical number 9 striker, we really need someone to lead the line when Orsi is tired/injured, I'm not sure we need a wide man that can fill in up there, we've got about 6 of them. 

This lad has been around the Hearts first team squad the last two summers and was handed a two year deal earlier this year though, you'd like to think that is an encouraging sign. I'm happy to trust Faz here and look forward to seeing the guy play.

In other news, Stevie Aitken has left EK. It seems like he was previewing the game as normal in the press, had a meeting with the board and left due to "increasing work commitments."

I'm not sure I fully believe the reasoning. But there you are.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TBLowerLeague/status/1425113069500370946?s=19

Edited by Jan Vojáček

I'd be none too happy if our manager was sitting with a massive stauner at the mere fact that the team were playing Rangers B

Could he end up in the west of scotland league, or is he walking away from football completely?

Edited by BallochSonsFan

3 hours ago, super-son said:

How's the crowd looking for this one?

45 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

In other news, Stevie Aitken has left EK. It seems like he was previewing the game as normal in the press, had a meeting with the board and left due to "increasing work commitments."

Edit:

Seems a coincidence, given their terrible start to the season.

4 hours ago, super-son said:

If he can't stick a few in the net tonight then he's hopeless.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Edit:

Ooft. He’s either been punted and they’ve been kind to him or he’s lost the plot and chucked it. Either way they’ve had a terrible start to this season and his insistence on signing old guys with reputations and nothing to prove has been his undoing.

15 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Edit:

Great news.

Hoping we shuffle the pack a wee bit for tonight. I've no idea what Paton and Boyle's fitness levels are like - but it would be good to see them on the park (and according to the preview McKee is the only injury doubt with Sam and Lamont isolating). If I was Faz (and assuming Paton is fit enough) I'd be tempted to give Geggan 60 minutes and Paton 30.

I'd like to see us with something like this:

Erskine

Lynch McGeever Buchanan Boyle/Muir

Geggan Wilson

Duthie Pignatiello Syvertsen

Schiavone

Not wanting us to risk Maclean, Hoppy and Orsi ahead of Saturday, and it could be a good opportunity to get some gametime in Norway's legs. Wee Callum Wilson is a joy to watch too and deserves a start. I'd be really interested to see him alongside Geggan or Paton.

If I wasn't working and on comms then there isn't a chance I'd be going to this tonight. But hopefully we can put this group of 'highly rated' children to the sword. 

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If I wasn't working and on comms then there isn't a chance I'd be going to this tonight. But hopefully we can put this group of 'highly rated' children to the sword. 

Just put a silent stream out, naecunt is watching anyway.