Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Third Son from the Rock said:

Is Heaney on his third or fourth draft of yon story? (or should that be no-story)?

He's been willing Dumbarton FC out of business for decades.

I've kept out of this as Bill is best ignored I find. But I see he's taking the criticism of his attempts at reporting well. It proves a point though. All he wanted was views; he doesn't give two hoots if the story is accurate so long as people are clicking on it. He sexed everything right up to draw folk in. It's the oldest trick in the book. Given it was shared by the likes of Div on his account then his numbers will have taken a serious boost.

This is one of the rare occasions when I screenshot a story instead of giving the reporter clicks.

screenshot-democratonline.net-2021_07.15-14_34_52.thumb.png.af53862130c10b76e96bed7f6c0c5b36.png

"We don't spin and we don't stir" :lol:

Edited by Jan Vojáček

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Kirk McKnight is only 16 by the way. And is a right-sided defender/midfielder. I was thinking that he must be our youngest player (to play a game, e.g not Michael Carr) since Ryan Finnie?

Interview with his dad here - clicky.

Donald McCallum?

21 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Kirk McKnight is only 16 by the way. And is a right-sided defender/midfielder. I was thinking that he must be our youngest player (to play a game, e.g not Michael Carr) since Ryan Finnie?

I assumed Faz was doing a Marcus Rashford, bringing on a forward at right back, until I spotted he's a very wee and very young chap.  Good luck to the lad, but we still badly need a striker.

48 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Weird one. Did we not announce him as an 18 year old forward?

He’s on an amateur contract so he isn’t costing anything but I can’t envisage him getting much game time. Even his dad seems surprised he was involved on Tuesday. I’ll be hoping our next signing is a striker, whether that be a loan or permanent, we seem overloaded with guys who can play in midfield and defence.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I thought it might have been Ross Lyden?

6 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I thought it might have been Ross Lyden?

Oh that's a great shout. You're spot on. Debut in December 2016, born April 2000. He was also the first player born this millennium to play for us.

It's still there for me? All that's missing is Heaney's latest response to Concerned Fan, which he added mid-morning 

I said nothing about Stephen Lynch. You are wide of the mark in many of your comments. I have c ontributed from yime to time to the Supporters’ Trust. As far as doing “an excellent job of steering the club through the pandemic” does that include not having enough players in place to meet their fixture commitments during the pandemic? The concern about Sons future is valid. The prospect of a ground sale is truly frightening. If they end up being evited to Young’s Farm on Renton Road then that could be the final whistle for them.

Still dodging the question of when he stopped following DFC though.

Auld Bill the loonballs latest comment - "As far as doing “an excellent job of steering the club through the pandemic” does that include not having enough players in place to meet their fixture commitments during the pandemic?"

What a raging tit.  I reckon any part time club with a covid outbreak affecting 4/5 players, alongside a few injuries, would struggle to field 11 players in this shambles of a cup competition at this early stage.  This proves he is clueless.

I didn’t think it was possible, but his comments actually make him across worse than his article. The stuff about being unable to field a team basically cements him as absolutely clueless. What an idiotic comment.

The fact he views himself as some sort of martyr journalist who is fighting the good fight is enough for me. Get over yourself ya condescending fanny and stop thinking you know more about the inner workings of DFC than people who have been actively involved in the club for decades.

Heaney is a it. Can't even get basic facts in some of his replies correct:

I am saying that unlike other clubs Dumbarton FC did not have the staff in place to meet their fixture commitment which had to be postponed.

You mean like Morton and Ross County, who also had to forfeit their Betfred games because of Covid protocols and the need to isolate, eh Bill? He's an utter buffoon.