Sons' sorrow

One thing I will say is that the language Bill Heaney has used there comes without a lot of substance. If you're going to say things like "any future the club may have is now looking a distant possibility" needs substance after it. He goes on to suggest that Hosie has got himself in deep shit and is threatening someone who claims to own our assets. If that person HAS indeed obtained our assets then they haven't done so legally, given that the C Share company knew hee-haw about it. I'd also need informed of how it is at all possible that a banned director like Andy Hosie was able to take out a loan of £2 million quid against our assets, surely he has no legal standing to offer our assets up as collateral? Who's handing him out £2 million quid on that basis? All serious accusations being levelled here, but I'm not sure where it means the club dies tomorrow and we have no future at all. 

Heaney also says things like the Norwegians should never have been allowed to buy the club and how others have "clay feet" but again, there is no substance to it afterwards. It reads a bit sensationalist but we need to address what is being said immediately. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

One thing I will say is that the language Bill Heaney has used there comes without a lot of substance. If you're going to say things like "any future the club may have is now looking a distant possibility" needs substance after it. He goes on to suggest that Hosie has got himself in deep shit and is threatening someone who claims to own our assets. If that person HAS indeed obtained our assets then they haven't done so legally, given that the C Share company knew hee-haw about it. I'd also need informed of how it is at all possible that a banned director like Andy Hosie was able to take out a loan of £2 million quid against our assets, surely he has no legal standing to offer our assets up as collateral? Who's handing him out £2 million quid on that basis? All serious accusations being levelled here, but I'm not sure where it means the club dies tomorrow and we have no future at all. 

Heaney also says things like the Norwegians should never have been allowed to buy the club and how others have "clay feet" but again, there is no substance to it afterwards. It reads a bit sensationalist but we need to address what is being said immediately. 

Heaney has 100% typed that out with a raging stauner. 

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Other gangsters?

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Heaney is a nugget. I do think theres something incredibly dodgy about whats going on with the sale of the club and i can see you guys punted out the rock for houses with no clear solution (ie ‘a steadman’), but Heaney’s article looks like it was written by a 5 year old. 

We've not punted the Rock for houses yet. If planning permission had been granted for Youngs Farm we would have, but all that has been applied for at the moment is building of flats on our car park, which was always a possibility. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We've not punted the Rock for houses yet. If planning permission had been granted for Youngs Farm we would have, but all that has been applied for at the moment is building of flats on our car park, which was always a possibility. 

It’s 5 houses and 32 flats. 

Dismayed to read stuff like that. Have popped in now and again to read about the stadium situation, but I had stayed optimistic that the situation wasn't this bad. I can only hope justice prevails, as Dumbarton fans deserve to have their club and their picturesque stadium.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My point is though if your new owners do a steadman and just sell the ground regardless and have you playing at Cappielow or whatever then I dont think it will end well. Is there anything in the ownership of the ground that protects you against that? Or if the owners essentially wind the club down would they get the land?

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

Sounds like Andy Hosie being Andy Hosie.

Shareholders can't borrow against the assets of a limited liability company. He also couldn't transfer any of the club's assets without the board knowing. That kind of asset transfer can't happen without the club directors authorising it. Club owners can only load the purchase debt onto a club if they own it lock, stock - see the Glazer takeover of Man United for evidence. If there had been any transfer of assets then we'd need to know about it. Andy Hosie can't borrow against Dumbarton's assets and can't grant any kind of security over any club asset. It would be for the club board to do so and in terms of the stadium there would be the added complication of the C shares.

That doesnt mean that everything is rosy. This Andrew Sweeney character - the only EBS I can find with an Andrew Sweeney on Companies House is this guy

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/XPZAfjRQnEq_3tHshkLZ-rY0vZk/appointments

A long list of dissolved companies. And ebsfinancial.co.uk doesnt exist. Its really difficult to unwrap some of the stuff Heaney is talking about in his article.

I think that there's clearly the possibility of the club being dragged into a difficult position. Even if there's absolutely no legal basis for this chancer's claims, it has the potential to make things uncertain for a while. Its an added difficulty that we could do without but there's a reason why Andy Hosie isnt allowed to have direct involvement in running a company.

We shouldn't ignore it but I'm not worrying about it until there's proper evidence of what's claimed to be owed. And even then I'd be relatively confident that any fallout would be on Andy Hosie rather than Dumbarton Football Club.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My point is though if your new owners do a steadman and just sell the ground regardless and have you playing at Cappielow or whatever then I dont think it will end well. Is there anything in the ownership of the ground that protects you against that? Or if the owners essentially wind the club down would they get the land?

Yes, the C Shares were created to stop this very thing happening, held by a separate company. I don't understand how this Sweeney can own anything of ours without the directors of the C Share company knowing about it, or without our board knowing about it. 

5 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

That doesnt mean that everything is rosy. This Andrew Sweeney character - the only EBS I can find with an Andrew Sweeney on Companies House is this guy

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/XPZAfjRQnEq_3tHshkLZ-rY0vZk/appointments

A long list of dissolved companies. And ebsfinancial.co.uk doesnt exist. Its really difficult to unwrap some of the stuff Heaney is talking about in his article.

Beat me to it.

Not wanting to get Div or P&B into trouble, but I think it is safe to say that Mr Sweeney 'has form'.

His time at Privilege Wealth in particular. That company has plenty of Google entries. 

Mind when Alan Jardine told us that Brabco were the best thing for the club because the Hosie's were involved, and that he'd already "chased away" apparent Irish shysters who flew in on a helicopter to try and make a deal. Really glad we avoided those shysters.