Sons' sorrow

It might have gone quiet but I'm MUCH happier this year with the bulk of business already done. At this stage we've usually not even started rummaging through the Woolies bargain bin for freed Hamilton youth team players or panic loans. 

I'd expect a couple more signings from players who were maybe holding out for FT deals that didn't emerge plus a loan or two. Hopefully from bigger clubs of players with potential rather than frozen out squad players from our peers. 

The key is we aren't particularly desperate to sign anyone. I suspect Faz still has the budget for one or two potential starters and one or two squad players, so he can take his time now to get the right guys in. He'll know which players he'll fancy on loan and will just be waiting for them to be made available. We've got a lot of players who know each other too so hopefully the gelling process doesn't take long either. 

Bought my season ticket on Wednesday, been delighted with how the club have acted this summer and I am absolutely buzzing at the thought of watching us against the Bankies in a couple of weeks (restrictions allowing hopefully).

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The key is we aren't particularly desperate to sign anyone. I suspect Faz still has the budget for one or two potential starters and one or two squad players, so he can take his time now to get the right guys in. He'll know which players he'll fancy on loan and will just be waiting for them to be made available. We've got a lot of players who know each other too so hopefully the gelling process doesn't take long either. 

Bought my season ticket on Wednesday, been delighted with how the club have acted this summer and I am absolutely buzzing at the thought of watching us against the Bankies in a couple of weeks (restrictions allowing hopefully).

Yeah, I was thinking about this whilst contemplating the lack of signings during the week... another major difference in getting players in and signed is getting to see them train together. That then means the management team will have a much better idea of how we can strengthen and add in the correct areas.

As opposed to the approach the last couple of years where we just sign loads of midfielders and plan to shoehorn them into different other positions if need be.

In our on-going search for strikers how would Jack Hamilton or Salim-kouder-aissa  fit in?Both have been loaned to PT clubs in the last season  and I'm not sure if they are in the first team plans at Livi(?).

Would be worth a wee loan deal but i would imagine they are in demand.

3 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

In our on-going search for strikers how would Jack Hamilton or Salim-kouder-aissa  fit in?Both have been loaned to PT clubs in the last season  and I'm not sure if they are in the first team plans at Livi(?).

Jack Hamilton was banging them in for Arbroath in the Championship. I think we better set our sights a bit lower than him unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jack Hamilton was banging them in for Arbroath in the Championship. I think we better set our sights a bit lower than him unfortunately.

I agree with you but wouldn't it be nice if we could aim high.Would add a few more bums on seats and give us a real shot at promotion.

7 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

SKA was loaned to Thistle and Queen's last season, both full time. Wouldn't be surprised if we were looking to bring him back to QP.

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was Kyle Connell any good with Airdrie?

12 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Both would be excellent signings for the Sons. Cove should be in the hunt for a striker too and we'd gladly have Jack Hamilton who seems a really natural finisher. Salim will definitely get goals at this level.

Like you say they will be in demand but if you don't ask you don't get. Hopefully Faz will be able to entice a better quality of player than Duffy

Edited by CoveRangers1922

44 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Both would be excellent signings for the Sons. Cove should be in the hunt for a striker too and we'd gladly have Jack Hamilton who seems a really natural finisher. Salim will definitely get goals at this level.

Like you say they will be in demand but if you don't ask you don't get. Hopefully Faz will be able to entice a better quality of player than Duffy

I'd grab the 5 grand in the fund and give it to JH as part of a  signing on fee.Sometimes its fine margins to sign players.Charnley chose us over SJFC for an extra 30 quid a week!!!!

19 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I'd grab the 5 grand in the fund and give it to JH as part of a  signing on fee.Sometimes its fine margins to sign players.Charnley chose us over SJFC for an extra 30 quid a week!!!!

Exactly! As we know a centre forward who knows where the net is and can get you 20+ goals a season is a rarity and deserves going the extra mile for. Goals win games. Such a difficult position to fill as a permanent signing or  a loanee.

I'm massively thankful we have Mitch, who is outstanding, but we are in need of another capable striker. Rory, at 34, can be effective at times but is nearing the end. We don't have any other registered strikers.

Edited by CoveRangers1922