Sons' sorrow

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Well no, the likes of Kalvín Orsi, Sam Ramsbottom and Joe McKee are not even remotely winners but in fact losers, as their moribund, Coldplay-themed CVs bear out. 

You can't keep using Orsi and Ramsbottom as your examples if you're slagging all of our signings. They are two out of a whole new squad.

And did Joe McKee not win league 1 with Morton?

And look at you using words like moribund trying to rise above the rest of the junkies, hoose - breakers and catman worshipping minks over the watter.

Aim high my man 👊

Edited by sarti pooh

This whirlwind of activity is positive and there seems to be a few decent track records amongst them. I was quite disappointed when Morgan Neil left but if it’s a choice between him and Gregor Buchanan then there’s no contest. it does point to an increased budget and that’s reassuring in the absence of any other word from the new owners. 

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Well no, the likes of Kalvín Orsi, Sam Ramsbottom and Joe McKee are not even remotely winners but in fact losers, as their moribund, Coldplay-themed CVs bear out. 

Geggan I'll give you as a player whose experience and attitude might prove extremely valuable, but you're chucking a mixed bag of signings into that column when it quite clearly doesn't apply to all or even most of them.

Orsi and Ramsbottom are signings straight out of the Jim Duffy Dumbarton textbook, yet their value is now hilariously inflated because it's a different person in the dugout getting them to sign the contract this time round.

No, the answer was 'a convicted sex pest'. 

Inflating values :lol:

Gie yersel peace.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Geggan I'll give you as a player whose experience and attitude might prove extremely valuable, but you're chucking a mixed bag of signings into that column when it quite clearly doesn't apply to all or even most of them.

Orsi and Ramsbottom are signings straight out of the Jim Duffy Dumbarton textbook, yet their value is now hilariously inflated because it's a different person in the dugout getting them to sign the contract this time round.

No, the answer was 'a convicted sex pest'. 

Ramsbottom was the biggest positive from Duffys signings last season. Some of the stops he pulled out the bag were great. One against Peterhead and a couple against Aberdeen spring to mind. Even Rabin Omar was okay, despite Mortin fans protestations. 

I'll give you the sex offenders argument, we really shouldn't be throwing that around. We've had a couple of wrong uns

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

This whirlwind of activity is positive and there seems to be a few decent track records amongst them. I was quite disappointed when Morgan Neil left but if it’s a choice between him and Gregor Buchanan then there’s no contest. it does point to an increased budget and that’s reassuring in the absence of any other word from the new owners. 

What we've seen over the last two weeks has been a positivity and sense of purpose that's been lacking for a few years. How much is down to the new management team or the new owners is anyone's guess.  I'd hazard by the 2 yr deals that the new owners have put their hands in pockets to some extent. 

However, the signings have been of a realistic and sensible nature for our position. Definitely not Gretna style nonsense.

Season ticket has been purchased with a sense of optimism as opposed to duty this year. 

We haven’t heard much from the new owners and yes they should likely say more but also have Sons TV/Our Social media team spoken to them/the board and said we want to do a piece on the new owners? 

On another note, if it’s done right, I hope we do move. I know it might be an unpopular opinion but the only positive of the current ground is we are beside the Rock. The stadium, pitch, lights all need work. We sit in the shade for the whole year and there is no room to expand. I know youngs farm has problems but if they could be fixed and we get a new stadium and training facilities that don’t mean we are saddled with debt I am up for it.

9 hours ago, virginton said:

The difference being that Stevie Farrell has made good signings elsewhere where as Duffy would have filled the squad with absolute dung from the exit trials. Orsi and Ramsbottom would be fucking marquee signings under Duffy. Complimenting the squad with a couple of guys who couldn’t make the grade at Morton is completely fine, when it becomes quite literally your only tactic then there’s issues.

Whether you rate the players we are signing or not, we have been starved of a manager approaching a transfer window with a clear, concise plan and executing said plan swiftly for 2 and a half years. Naturally fans will be excited. I’m pretty excited myself. We aren’t signing world beaters but it’s a hell of a lot better than what we’ve been subjected to in recent years.

29 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Has anyone heard what Jamie Wilson is doing?

Is he indeed on trial at Falkirk or another club.?I  wonder if he had stayed in our current set up he might be more prolific.

I also  wonder if he might regret turning us down.

He’s turned us down for a trial at Falkirk. I’m led to believe he had a deal lined up there until Sheerin was appointed, who subsequently cancelled said deal and said he could train with them. 

He’s quite literally turned us down for a sympathy trial. Its a daft move IMHO, not that I’m particularly arsed, there’s far better out there and for me he should’ve only ever have been retained as backup.

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The difference being that Stevie Farrell has made good signings elsewhere where as Duffy would have filled the squad with absolute dung from the exit trials. Orsi and Ramsbottom would be fucking marquee signings under Duffy. Complimenting the squad with a couple of guys who couldn’t make the grade at Morton is completely fine, when it becomes quite literally your only tactic then there’s issues.

Whether you rate the players we are signing or not, we have been starved of a manager approaching a transfer window with a clear, concise plan and executing said plan swiftly for 2 and a half years. Naturally fans will be excited. I’m pretty excited myself. We aren’t signing world beaters but it’s a hell of a lot better than what we’ve been subjected to in recent years.

Yeah, this is understandable. I had actually been looking at your squad prior to the confirmations of Ramsbottom, Buchanan and Orsi and thinking how relieved Dumbarton fans must be that regardless of specific thoughts on individuals, you had a manager recruiting the core of a squad a month before the season starts and giving them a proper pre-season together. The difference that makes after Duffy's approach of condemning you to four pumpings with complete jobbers in the League Cup before scrambling to sign half a dozen players in the last couple of days before the league starts must be great.

However, it also entirely understandable for lots of fans of another clubs to be on a thread giving their thoughts when a club announces five of their ex-players in three days, particularly considering the criticism of your previous manager for his dependence on signing ex-players of that club. Dumbarton fans are obviously entitled to disregard opinions on those players as complete bollocks if they wish, particularly when you've seen more of McKee and Ramsbottom than we have since they left us, but that kind of interaction is the whole point of P&B.

What’s Dimitros Froxylias up to these days...Farrell mighty fancy bringing the goat home 

awaiting Falkirk fans telling us he’s shite 

What’s Dimitros Froxylias up to these days...Farrell mighty fancy bringing the goat home 

There was an interview with him on twitter a few months ago. Iirc, he's back in Cyprus with a baby on the way. He won't be back.
Eta

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Last I heard (from the media piece done with him recently) he was back in Cyprus having become a father for the first time.

edit: beaten to it I see

Edited by Bogheidman