Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Stevie Aitken has today added 38-year-old Lee Miller, 38-year-old Chris Millar and Jamie Stevenson, who turns 37 next month, to his squad at EK.

I think Chris Erskine, 34, will also be sticking about there - and he said this week that he wants to keep Paul Paton (34) and Steven Bell (36). They also have the aptly named Steven Old (35) and Craig Malcolm who will be 35 in December. 

At 32, 30 and 30 respectively, Joao Victoria, Gregg Wylde and Steven Saunders are babies of the squad.

I'm not really sure what his thinking here is at all. If that squad stays fit, sharp and can deal with a lack of pace enough to get them into the SPFL it's going to need totally rebuilt. Whereas a team like Kelty had a cracking base in place, and just needed to add to it. 

Pay days for his old mates. 

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Stevie Aitken has today added 38-year-old Lee Miller, 38-year-old Chris Millar and Jamie Stevenson, who turns 37 next month, to his squad at EK.

I think Chris Erskine, 34, will also be sticking about there - and he said this week that he wants to keep Paul Paton (34) and Steven Bell (36). They also have the aptly named Steven Old (35) and Craig Malcolm who will be 35 in December. 

At 32, 30 and 30 respectively, Joao Victoria, Gregg Wylde and Steven Saunders are babies of the squad.

I'm not really sure what his thinking here is at all. If that squad stays fit, sharp and can deal with a lack of pace enough to get them into the SPFL it's going to need totally rebuilt. Whereas a team like Kelty had a cracking base in place, and just needed to add to it. 

Nice to see he’s learned from his mistakes. There’s is nothing that pleases me more than seeing him rott away in the lowland league after he thought he was bigger and better than us....

He is as far away from any SPFL job as they come and it couldn’t have happened to a more arrogant tosser than him 

17 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Probably just wants them to be his pals to be honest.  

Same way it was with Durrant.

19 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6e567e0e8340cbdb5d19fe65a23cc6c3.jpegI mean Chris Miller is at least trying to dress like a 20 year old influencer 

Away from EK, Faz signed Mark Lamont for Stranraer from Clyde on a pre-contract that has now been torn up. I wonder if he might bring him to the Rock instead. He was the man who scored Clyde's opener in the 2-0 game back in April.

https://stranraerfc.org/pre-season-update/

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Away from EK, Faz signed Mark Lamont for Stranraer from Clyde on a pre-contract that has now been torn up. I wonder if he might bring him to the Rock instead. He was the man who scored Clyde's opener in the 2-0 game back in April.

https://stranraerfc.org/pre-season-update/

I know his father very well indeed, would you like me to put in a word ?

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I know his father very well indeed, would you like me to put in a word ?

Let me check with the Clyde fans if he's any good first. Then you can work your charm selling him on a move to the Rock ;) 

18 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Let me check with the Clyde fans if he's any good first. Then you can work your charm selling him on a move to the Rock ;) 

Did he not already play for Sons on loan from St Mirren early in his career?