Yip, night and day from Duffy. Good to know 2 more have agreed and we just need to get them officially signed. 

Faz is certainly saying all the right things at the moment.  Good to hear more are on the way and he isn’t resorting to signing players for the sake of it. 

3 hours ago, optimistic said:

I wonder if faz, has said something to make them think it’s time to move, or are our contract offers a bit piddly? emoji848.png

He probably offered them what they are worth, but other clubs are overrating them a bit and are overpaying.

For instance, Morgyn Neill is a solid L1 centre half, but he’s not worth the vastly better (3 year!!) contract he’s on.

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4944

Decent interview with Faz. Like his approach to things and seems to be the complete opposite to Duffy in all the right ways...

Absolutely loving that.  PITK has been sorely missed these last three seasons.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Absolutely loving that.  PITK has been sorely missed these last three seasons.

Could be argued both ways though. Patience is needed to build a squad of the required level. But being too "patient" at all levels (including giving JD all the time he wanted to mull things over) caused us many of our problems and we ended up scrambling around to finish the squad off and make sure we had options on the bench.

Definitely sounds like Faz is motivated to get things done in a timely fashion, but also aware that rushing into signings can land you in lots of trouble (see DFC 2020/2021). The new gaffer's approach is getting better and better, at least from the outside looking in anyway.

1 hour ago, sonsism said:

Faz is certainly saying all the right things at the moment.  Good to hear more are on the way and he isn’t resorting to signing players for the sake of it. 

It’s certainly an interview filled with optimism in comparison with previous few transfer windows. The belief that a The gaffer knows who his next targets are, he’s signing players that want to come to the sons....that compared to dancing around exit trials signing players who have exhausted every other possible avenue before trying their hand at exits taking any club going. They aren’t players who are motivated to play for your club. 

On the signing front, particularly strikers anyone got any targets in mind? 

I see Greig Spence was released after his loan at East fife came to an end at the end of the season? Worth a punt? I’d say so imo 

6 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I see Greig Spence was released after his loan at East fife came to an end at the end of the season? Worth a punt? I’d say so imo 

Greig Spence isn't very good. He's scored about 4 goals in the last 4 years. I'd rather have kept Wilson I think. Unsure who we'll be after, absolutely none of the names we've signed so far could've been predicted. Which I'm enjoying.

11 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Signings today? Any gossip from the fish counter?

The article the other day suggested it would be later this week before deals could be signed, hopefully over the last few days Faz has reached more agreements though. 

Is it the 10th that contracts run out and players become free agents? Hopefully see a few more 👀📝 tweets then. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Greig Spence isn't very good. He's scored about 4 goals in the last 4 years. I'd rather have kept Wilson I think. Unsure who we'll be after, absolutely none of the names we've signed so far could've been predicted. Which I'm enjoying.

I’ll agree it’s been a much more exciting summer window than last few 

5 hours ago, the snudge said:

Signings today? Any gossip from the fish counter?

Logged in hoping for some, saw last post was 3 hours ago, so 😒🥱

13 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Mentioned earlier on this thread that I always liked Steven Boyd but fitness seems to have been an issue for him.

As others have touched on, who knows what to expect this window. At least it is a bit exciting 😬

24 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Mentioned earlier on this thread that I always liked Steven Boyd but fitness seems to have been an issue for him.

As others have touched on, who knows what to expect this window. At least it is a bit exciting 😬

Looks like Boyd wants full time but I agree I've always liked him. 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Looks like Boyd wants full time but I agree I've always liked him. 

I wonder what his chances are of getting a FT deal... having not properly kept an eye on things too closely it is hard to say. I know his fitness/injury record hasn't always been great and he never properly settled.

I know he hardly scored loads last year but always thought he looked a handy player anyway. He would certainly be an upgrade on any of last seasons options.

Edited by squeezeboxson

Interesting interview with Rabin Omar here. As we speculated he was observing Ramadan during our busiest spell of the season and ended up losing 6 kilos in weight during that time. Explains why he was a sub more often than not and why his performance tailed off after an impressive start.

https://cfbfootball.com/2021/06/09/rabin-omar-from-the-netherlands-to-scottish-football-via-university/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Interesting interview with Rabin Omar here. As we speculated he was observing Ramadan during our busiest spell of the season and ended up losing 6 kilos in weight during that time. Explains why he was a sub more often than not and why his performance tailed off after an impressive start.

https://cfbfootball.com/2021/06/09/rabin-omar-from-the-netherlands-to-scottish-football-via-university/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

He certainly looked promising when he came in, especially after his goal at Falkirk, as someone said before though it could just have been due to his directness seen as we hadn’t seen that at all in a year 😆 

Impressed now though I know he was observing Ramadan, he certainly wouldn’t have had the same protection your super stars in the top leagues get during that time of year, so a big thanks must go to him for his efforts during that time, it couldn’t have been easy 

Edited by DobbiesAgent

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He must have been fasting between July and December 2020 as well.