Sons' sorrow

That’s Frizzel confirmed as going to Airdrie on DFC’s Twitter,

Wouldn’t have minded keeping him but I think we can do better, I stand by my previous shout of Ally Roy if he’s still not signed for anyone...

14 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just to get back to this. Stranraer tonight appointed Jamie Hamill, assisted by Daryll Duffy and Scott Robertson.

Could open the door for Steven Bell to come to us.

He’s going to Partick now. 

2 hours ago, PWL said:

So today id like us to re-sign Ramsbottom and Wilson for starters. 

Totally get @O'Kelly Isley III point about flapping but I think a lot of that was down to sheer terror of losing a goal knowing that we were unlikely to recover with that team. Also think Wilson suffered badly from that system and will do better with a more attacking set up. 

We would definitely benefit from a more footballing centre half. Given that age doesn't seem to be a barrier, does anyone still have Martin Melvin's phone number? 

Opinions on Jaime ? Wilson, a player that apparently we were interested in last close season, before he went to yourselves,   exactly the type of player that fits our mould,  would not be surprised at all if he joins a number of his ex teammates at Airdrie...

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Opinions on Jaime ? Wilson, a player that apparently we were interested in last close season, before he went to yourselves,   exactly the type of player that fits our mould,  would not be surprised at all if he joins a number of his ex teammates at Airdrie...

Play him upfront and feed him chances and he will score goals. Simple as that. His finishing is instinctive as is his movement...he just needs people around him making chances and I reckon he’d be a fantastic striker in this league

2 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Play him upfront and feed him chances and he will score goals. Simple as that. His finishing is instinctive as is his movement...he just needs people around him making chances and I reckon he’d be a fantastic striker in this league

Interesting,  can our fanbase handle the signing of another son's player,   gradual meltdown as it is

3 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I think that’s being very kind tbh. He’s a hard worker who hassles defenders and drags them around but his decision making lets him down 90% of the time. He scored a few important goals for us but I wouldn’t class him as a natural finisher. He’s the kind of guy I’d like to keep around as backup but I certainly wouldn’t want him leading the line for us next season. 

With some better coaching and a more creative midfield he could be a decent player at this level but for large parts of last season I thought he looked like a guy who was out his depth in League 1.

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think that’s being very kind tbh. He’s a hard worker who hassles defenders and drags them around but his decision making lets him down 90% of the time. He scored a few important goals for us but I wouldn’t class him as a natural finisher. He’s the kind of guy I’d like to keep around as backup but I certainly wouldn’t want him leading the line for us next season. 

With some better coaching and a more creative midfield he could be a decent player at this level but for large parts of last season I thought he looked like a guy who was out his depth in League 1.

I agree that for the most part he didn’t offer a lot but the football was horrendous at time’s. If airdrie play with a similar Murray style like he did when he was our gaffer...” you score 3 we will score 4” attitude then I think he’d rack the goals up if he stays fit 

2 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

That’s Frizzel confirmed as going to Airdrie on DFC’s Twitter,

Wouldn’t have minded keeping him but I think we can do better, I stand by my previous shout of Ally Roy if he’s still not signed for anyone...

Frizzell leaves with our good wishes, but no remorse from me.  As for Ally Roy, apart from a goal at Falkirk he was mediocre and his signing would be a panic measure.

Everyone seems to be overlooking the raft (longship ?) of Scandinavian players who are due to arrive.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

Frizzell leaves with our good wishes, but no remorse from me.  As for Ally Roy, apart from a goal at Falkirk he was mediocre and his signing would be a panic measure.
Everyone seems to be overlooking the raft (longship ?) of Scandinavian players who are due to arrive.

Like Erling Haaland’s cousin, Albert Braut Tjaaland?

Bring him home!

I wonder in all the departures if there might be a Kevin Nisbet in our midst. That is a player whom we've had who looks like a complete diddy but a few years later is scoring for Scotland and has refusals for multi-million pound bids. Nominations?

42 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I wonder in all the departures if there might be a Kevin Nisbet in our midst. That is a player whom we've had who looks like a complete diddy but a few years later is scoring for Scotland and has refusals for multi-million pound bids. Nominations?

Only one who really fits that criteria is Robert Jones. 

43 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

or indeed Adam Frizzell.....

You make a good point about Nisbet, Wilf, but by the lad's own admission his attitude was terrible at the time he was with us.  Young Frizzell has had two spells with us, so for example did Chris Kane.  Do I think he will turn out like Kane ?  In a word, no.

1 hour ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Only one who really fits that criteria is Robert Jones. 

Think that is harsh really. He didn't blow us away but contributed plenty to the team throughout the season. Better examples would be Daniel Church or Ruaridh Langan.

17 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As for Ally Roy, apart from a goal at Falkirk he was mediocre and his signing would be a panic measure.

I genuinely think Roy would be a useful signing. I always thought he had something about him. When he played for us previously we were at a higher level and I still thought he had something to offer. I’d consider him a fairly decent upgrade on any of our strikers or wingers from last season.