Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I’ll be absolutely astonished if we pay Stranraer anything for Faz. It’s probably more likely that his 2 year deal with them was agreed verbally but not signed. Even if we do have to pay it’ll be peanuts. St Mirren paid us less than £8k for Murray. I genuinely hope you are right with your conclusions and indeed nothing would please me more than if you are.

They announced his two year deal before the play offs even started. Even if it's a small amount it's not something we generally do. I suppose we'll see once the squad is built, I'm just glad to have some optimism from those in charge after what have been a few dreich years.

You lot signing Dobbie would be brilliant on two levels..

He'd be a class signing for you, but Ian McCall has been stalking him for well over a year, so watching that wee greasy c**t have a bitter rant about Dumbarton outspending Partick would be a great watch.

On 01/06/2021 at 11:00, The Moonster said:

James Wallace released from Morton. We'll stick him on the "yes, please" list next to Gregor Buchanan and Joe McKee. 

11 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Deadline for players to make a decision possibly? Or is a cult hero returning 👀

1 hour ago, The Camel’s Hump said:

Very very warm!

I'm going to casually post these 3 quotes together.  

My preference would be McKee. 

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Transfer rumours > class A stimulants

A simple 👀📝 emoji combination on Twitter is enough to trigger extreme endorphin releases in every lower league fan. 

Edited by PWL

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

Buchanan and McKee and Dobbie. Hatrick of signings. With Geggan, that'd be the stuff of dreams. 

Even just one of them would make this transfer window considerably more exciting that the previous few lol 😂 

11 minutes ago, super-son said:

Didn't expect that

I did tbh. He’s done the right thing stepping away from management and I fully expected him to take up a coaching role somewhere. It was clear as day from his lack of enthusiasm and lazy signings that he no longer had the workrate or desire to continue in management. 

I felt at times he came across as totally out of touch with what’s required of a modern day lower league part-time manager and the standard of player required for the level we were playing at. He’s absolutely done the right thing stepping away from it.

Conner Duthie signs a new deal. Meh. He looked alright I suppose in his 15 minute cameos at the end of every game. He'd been out of football for so long that a good pre-season could do him the world of good.

Lovely video though 😍