Sons' sorrow

I guess you can definitely say he’s a great leader and no doubt very popular for his first spell at the club. I just have doubts about his legs in midfield at age 34 - especially if Carsy re-signs too. Could he play as a centre-back? Could be the ball player next to McGeever.

If Andy Geggan signs for you guys I may be forced to have a look at Dumbarton season ticket prices.

I can only echo what’s been said on here. If played in central midfield he probably won’t be covering as much grass as he used to but if you deploy him at right back he will create chances with his crossing. Even if you played a four in midfield he’s quite handy on the right hand side, in front of a more attack minded full back. We did it with him a lot in the Championship and it gives a decent balance to the team if you’ve got a natural winger playing on the left.

Happy with that signing.  Not a spring chicken but adds something we've lacked the last few years as others have already said. 

Also cap dothed to whoever made that wee signing preview video. Very clever.  

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Wow, I didn't realise he was our all-time record appearance holder too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Geggan

That is an impressive amount of games in five years. 

I'm delighted that he's back and I remember a conversation I had with him at a player of the year do one year. He told me that everything he was going to do with his life was for Gordon Lennon's family and the memory of his friend. I'm sure every time he goes out the tunnel and sees Guido's picture, it probably adds a fair few percentage points to his game. Buzzing to see him back in the black and gold(yellow).

Disappointed to see Wardrop leave. Wish him all the best - I thought that this season he was one of the players to emerge with credit. Given his major injury, I'm surprised that he's taking the chance of moving to a new club. Another year at Dumbarton would have done him no harm.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not good news on Wardrop, he's the type of guy you want around your club and is a solid player for this level. That said, I don't think he's irreplaceable. Good luck to him wherever he goes. 

Surprised by this and quite a loss to the Sons. Thought he was impressive at this level defensively and some engine on him. Very interested to see where he goes next.

Will be a completely new backline apart from McGeever who is very reliable.

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Surprised by this and quite a loss to the Sons. Thought he was impressive at this level defensively and some engine on him. Very interested to see where he goes next.

Will be a completely new backline apart from McGeever who is very reliable.

Off to Airdrie if rumours are to be believed. I'm definitely a bit disappointed we didn't hold onto him but it's a new era and we need to trust that Faz will get sufficient replacements. 

On 01/06/2021 at 10:22, The Moonster said:

3-4 years ago all of those teams bar Falkirk would've looked on at us in admiration but now it's painted as if we can't come close to competing with them. The sides mentioned here have been better than us for the last couple of seasons, but with new owners coming in (who have apparent ambitions of full time Championship football), the majority of our debt seemingly being wiped out in the last year and a new (young and enthusiastic) manager coming - there's no reason we shouldn't be looking to compete with Airdrie, Montrose or Cove for a play-off spot. I also don't see Faz coming to us if he knew our budget was among the lowest, his job was extremely safe at Stranraer and he'd have been looking at getting them into the play-offs again, why leave that for a relegation battle?

It all depends on Faz’s budget and if the new owners walk the walk. Alloa banked half a million in the SG COVID payout, both QP and Cove are being bankrolled and so are Montrose but to a lesser extent. The new owners have pawned the stadium and land to Pendragon probably to cover the “investment” they made in buying the club and the debt.