Sons' sorrow

Just semi caught up with the whole attending the game thing. Two hours prior to kick off? Thanks but no thanks, that’s not for me. I’d genuinely rather sit in the house with a couple of beers than sit there bored out my tits, staring at an empty pitch on a hard plastic seat for an extra 2 hours just to see a game of football. 

The protocols are extreme and unneccessary but if folk are happy to go with it to watch a game then that’s fair enough. I think I’ll be hanging off until things revert back to something that resembles semi normality. The actual match itself is just a component of what I enjoy about attending Sons games with my mates.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

It's going to be a long slog tomorrow with all the protocols. I do wonder why the need to be in so early? Possibly staffing issues? It might be Government guidance, they seem to enjoy treating us fans like criminals

Entry times before 6 does seem very early. Airdrie did it slightly differently last night, entry was via one side of the stadium and gates were opened from 6:30 - 7:15. The club had said something about splitting people’s entrance time by surname but that never actually happened, everyone was in the same queue going in. I was expecting everyone to be allocated a seat number too but once inside some seats had stickers where people could sit but on the whole people just seemed to sit where they wanted, groups were generally spaced out but plenty of families and friends all sitting together. It probably wasn’t as strict as other places might be but it didn’t feel unsafe at any point and saved people having to arrive ridiculously early.

18 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

No catering makes absolutely no sense when I can walk into a McDonalds, order a burger and eat it within the premises.

If thats a requirement of getting fans back into the ground then it's mad. If it's a consequence of our caterers essentially having had to shut down for the year then it's entirely understandable.

I don't think it's the catering per se that is the problem, it's to reduce movement of people once inside the stadium and minimise people moving along rows to get to the kiosk. 

I heard that the concourses are doubling as dressing rooms too. 

If the government are insisting that entrance times need to be spread out and thus people are expected to get to a game 2 hours before kick off, there should be some sense to relax some other rules - drinking in the stand being one. If you want to stop people moving around, fine, set up an app that people can order from, bar staff take their drink right out to their seat. People would only be moving to go to the toilet and they can have a pint/wine whilst they develop chronic haemorrhoids sitting for 4 hours on a hard seat.

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames in a few months but I reckon these measures will be in place for these games only. No one wants to be the source of a superspreader event so it will be inevitably be over the top at first. Once the evidence is shown that the risk is negligible/zero they will soon be dropped. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If the government are insisting that entrance times need to be spread out and thus people are expected to get to a game 2 hours before kick off, there should be some sense to relax some other rules - drinking in the stand being one. If you want to stop people moving around, fine, set up an app that people can order from, bar staff take their drink right out to their seat. People would only be moving to go to the toilet and they can have a pint/wine whilst they develop chronic haemorrhoids sitting for 4 hours on a hard seat.

I think though the early entrance is to allow the concourses to be used as dressing rooms. The serving of drink in the stand would require legislation which in the light of the behaviour of "fans" in Glasgow last week, will be a long time off if ever. 

24 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I think though the early entrance is to allow the concourses to be used as dressing rooms. The serving of drink in the stand would require legislation which in the light of the behaviour of "fans" in Glasgow last week, will be a long time off if ever. 

Don’t think it’s that as my entry time is 6:15 - 6:40 and also what they gonna do if you need a pee?

2 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Don’t think it’s that as my entry time is 6:15 - 6:40 and also what they gonna do if you need a pee?

Yeah same entry time here. 7:35 ko though maybe players let in at 6:45? I'd imagine for a pee it'll be a 2 in and 2 out system and straight in and straight out Maybe use the toilets near the tunnel and have to ask a steward? Don't know only guessing here. 

Here here

There is another way to view all of this.  Ten days ago it didn't look very likely that we would have a chance of staying up.  As of now we not only have that chance but up to 500 supporters could be in attendance to witness it.  All of this after a year when we've been stuck watching our football indoors .
I'm planning to go on Thursday, and speaking as someone who enjoys a pre-match beer, compared to the prospect of being there as we see out the season from Hell by hopefully retaining our Division One status, the fact that there will be no bar, food, etc., matters absolutely jack shit.
As for the protocols and the early arrival situation, perhaps view these as a necessary but temporary irritation rather than an assault on our personal liberties.  Chill guys.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I heard that the concourses are doubling as dressing rooms too. 

Surely the home team will be spread out across the home and away dressing room and the away team will be in either 1 or both bars which will be lying empty? I don’t think using the concourse would be viable with fans arriving at different times and folk having to use the toilets etc.

Dumbarton will be using the dressing rooms, Edinburgh City will use the supporters bar. That would allow use of the toilets for fans and then the City players access the tunnel through the main foyer without needing to use the concourse at all. Simple.

I see all spaces are now filled. Having read some of the protocol stuff I was committed to the couch with a beer anyway, but I’ve had 2 emails completely ignored (one I sent within the deadline and another I sent after we advised fans to get in contact if they hadn’t received details on how to purchase a ticket) and when I tried to phone yesterday I got a voicemail type thing that said the office was closed. Maybe I’m blacklisted. 

There are some long term season ticket holders who left their details via phone and were never contacted back who are missing out. That’s pretty poor IMO and if I had got a ticket I’d probably have offered it to one of them.

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see all spaces are now filled. Having read some of the protocol stuff I was committed to the couch with a beer anyway, but I’ve had 2 emails completely ignored (one I sent within the deadline and another I sent after we advised fans to get in contact if they hadn’t received details on how to purchase a ticket) and when I tried to phone yesterday I got a voicemail type thing that said the office was closed. Maybe I’m blacklisted. 

There are some long term season ticket holders who left their details via phone and were never contacted back who are missing out. That’s pretty poor IMO and if I had got a ticket I’d probably have offered it to one of them.

Can't please everyone. The club are doing their best in a weird situation.

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

Entry times before 6 does seem very early. Airdrie did it slightly differently last night, entry was via one side of the stadium and gates were opened from 6:30 - 7:15. The club had said something about splitting people’s entrance time by surname but that never actually happened, everyone was in the same queue going in. I was expecting everyone to be allocated a seat number too but once inside some seats had stickers where people could sit but on the whole people just seemed to sit where they wanted, groups were generally spaced out but plenty of families and friends all sitting together. It probably wasn’t as strict as other places might be but it didn’t feel unsafe at any point and saved people having to arrive ridiculously early.

Not sure if it's posted on here already but how many were allowed in to the sorry SHYBERRY EXCELSIOR?