Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'd rather East Fife lost at Peterhead tbh. An East Fife win makes it likely Montrose finish in the bottom 5 and we're awful against them. 

That’s a fair point. I wouldn’t fancy us taking anything from Montrose given recent performances against them. I do think though that we could match or better Peterhead’s results in the run-in but wouldn’t be that confident of doing likewise with East Fife.

Agree with George Parr in that we now have four cup finals after the Thistle game and need to go out to win every one. Getting Layne fit would be a huge bonus.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Also goes to show what we could've done this season with a competent strikeforce.

I can't get over the fact we could be 5th if we had beaten Forfar and Peterhead. Both teams were awful in those matches... but we were worse obviously. We really had to be better in those 2 games, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Also goes to show what we could've done this season with a competent strikeforce.

Probably not a great deal more to be honest, as for the most part we've not had  midfield capable of supplying them with chances.  Which means that the front players have largely had to forage for scraps, with very few shots on target as a result.

However, on the positive side, and perhaps just in the nick of time, the addition of McAllister, Omar and Wallace and to a lesser extent Brindley and Duthie has freshened up what had become a very threadbare and stale-looking group in front of the back four.  That and Crossan finally re-emerging, as well as finally breaking the simultaneous presence of Wedderburn, Carswell and Forbes in the team.  We now have at least a puncher's chance of staying up.

On Wednesday it'll be fifty years since I attended my first game at Boghead. It was a 7-0 victory against Stirling Albion and remains the only time I have ever seen the Sons win by a seven goal margin. My second game was a week later and the last of 70-71 season , a 4-1 victory against Queens Park. 

Before that, the only 2 Sons games I had attended were the two League Cup semi final matches against Celtic in October 1970 at Hampden.

My first full season supporting Sons was the following 71-72 season when we gained promotion to the top league for the first time in 50 years. My parents bought me a season ticket and I attended every home game. Next year it'll be 50 years on from that.

Phew! 

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

On Wednesday it'll be fifty years since I attended my first game at Boghead. It was a 7-0 victory against Stirling Albion and remains the only time I have ever seen the Sons win by a seven goal margin. My second game was a week later and the last of 70-71 season , a 4-1 victory against Queens Park. 

Before that, the only 2 Sons games I had attended were the two League Cup semi final matches against Celtic in October 1970 at Hampden.

My first full season supporting Sons was the following 71-72 season when we gained promotion to the top league for the first time in 50 years. My parents bought me a season ticket and I attended every home game. Next year it'll be 50 years on from that.

Phew! 

Just reflecting and comparing that 7 goals in one game to 9 in 17.........

Hibs taking Dabrowski back seems like a right waste of time. They have an Arsenal loanee between the sticks against League 2 Stranraer and Dabrowksi isn’t even warming the bench. I get that they can’t afford to leave themselves short but surely a hot prospect like him should be out on loan getting minutes under his belt?

Phew! 

Did you used to get told by the Polis to get your legs back over the wall too ? [emoji2]

It appears we were wee boys there at the same time.
That’s me assuming that you aren’t a very elderly gent. [emoji106]

Did you used to get told by the Polis to get your legs back over the wall too ? [emoji2]

That’s me assuming that you aren’t a very elderly gent. [emoji106]

If you remember a young boy sitting beside the photographers next to the goal we were attacking late 70s early 80s, that was me.
Such was my interest in photography that my Dad convinced John Hosie to let me have a Press Pass.

Phew! 

And we needed all four goals to be top scorers in the division and qualify for a dryborough cup tie against Celtic at the start of the following season

48 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hibs taking Dabrowski back seems like a right waste of time. They have an Arsenal loanee between the sticks against League 2 Stranraer and Dabrowksi isn’t even warming the bench. I get that they can’t afford to leave themselves short but surely a hot prospect like him should be out on loan getting minutes under his belt?

He's premiership class and what 3rd choice? Totally agree should be out on loan or looking for first team football

5 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Did you used to get told by the Polis to get your legs back over the wall too ? emoji2.png

That’s me assuming that you aren’t a very elderly gent. emoji106.png

Yes and John Hosie on the tannoy "Right you boys off the park!"

61 not out.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I would agree with that. 

Amazing to think that on the other hand, Nisbet is a first pick, has played for Scotland and Hibs have apparently knocked back £3 million for him.