Sons' sorrow

I can't vote for any of them as they're all honking. And Jim McAllister told me about a month or so ago, that 2022/23 is when the club are celebrating the 150th.

Eta I've just seen the away kits and really like the red and black one.

Edited by microdave

Just training tops, these aren’t strips. Who at the club is allowing these to be our choices?

Our club colours are black and gold.

Sick of yellow forced on us in strips, on the website and in the stadium.

Cheap tat that aren’t in club colours.

I’d sooner wear a Wolves top with our badge sewn on it.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The away choices are all the home top options in different colours. I get there's reasons for it but I really do hate these off the shelf designs we plump for. 

I get the feeling you could get some decent enough off the shelf kits from someone. But that someone definitely isn't Joma. Almost all their templates look like cheap rip offs of a bigger brand, or are horribly overdesigned. 

Seriously envious of Airdrie's home top this season. I'd absolutely love to cut about in a retro inspired Sons Umbro number. 

I get the feeling you could get some decent enough off the shelf kits from someone. But that someone definitely isn't Joma. Almost all their templates look like cheap rip offs of a bigger brand, or are horribly overdesigned. 
Seriously envious of Airdrie's home top this season. I'd absolutely love to cut about in a retro inspired Sons Umbro number. 

IMG_1414.jpg

14 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Why can't we have something like this? Is it purely down to money or laziness? 

And if it is money, how much are we talking? Hundreds or thousands involved? 

18 minutes ago, PWL said:

And if it is money, how much are we talking? Hundreds or thousands involved? 

I think the cost of a bespoke kit means that you have to sell a fair number to achieve a good margin and in the past we’ve not sold enough to make it viable. So either the club opt for a cheaper off the shelf effort or put the price up on the bespoke kit to make it viable. I’m sure that was the reasons given when I queried it in the past.

Regardless our 150-anniversary kit absolutely must be a bespoke design and should, in my opinion, be similar to the Umbro kit posted previously. Iconic. White with the GOLD and black bands. Given the anniversary I’m positive a good quality kit will shift in good numbers.