Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We'll need to return before mid-April if we want to get things finished. Scottish cup going ahead as well, which we should be looking to play at least 2 fixtures in given the draw. That leaves 11 fixtures minimum to be completed by the 5th of May (start of the play-offs, which apparently Championship clubs don't want to shift from). Leitch seemed to suggest training could start imminently. If we can start training by Thursday this week and start games on the 20th of March I think that will give us enough time to complete the league games (assuming the league is cut to 18) and cup games before the play-offs start.

It'll take about 2 weeks of training before playing games is viable.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It'll take about 2 weeks of training before playing games is viable.

Assuming we can start training on Thursday then I'd imagine we'll be training on a Saturday as well. That gives the players seven sessions before a restart on Saturday 20.

I'd imagine that they'll all have been given training plans to work on alone, so the fitness should be there. And I'd like to think that seven training sessions should help get that match fitness and sharpness back. I reckon March 20 or Tuesday 23 would be about right for a restart - assuming training is permitted from tomorrow.

As good as it is to have some light at the end of this very long tunnel, I’m not exactly thrilled at the prospect of our threadbare squad trying to play catch with games thick and fast between now and May. We’ve been notoriously poor when competing weekend/midweek routinely and this will be another massive challenge. Duffy needs to pull some magic fro somewhere or I fear we could be facing a 9th place finish at best.

Assuming we can start training on Thursday then I'd imagine we'll be training on a Saturday as well. That gives the players seven sessions before a restart on Saturday 20.
I'd imagine that they'll all have been given training plans to work on alone, so the fitness should be there. And I'd like to think that seven training sessions should help get that match fitness and sharpness back. I reckon March 20 or Tuesday 23 would be about right for a restart - assuming training is permitted from tomorrow.
I look forward to not recognising Ross Forbes.

I’d love to be as delighted as most folk seem to be about things starting back up but I’d be totally lying if I didn’t admit I really wanted this season kaiboshed. I haven’t really enjoyed any of it, I don’t have much confidence in our squad and I’m not entirely convinced that, even if we have 6 loan slots left, Duffy will utilise them. I have to be completely honest that I haven’t missed watching our streams on a Saturday at all. Perhaps I’d feel differently if we were allowed to attend games.

The ideal scenario for me was the season being cancelled and us looking forward to a fresh start next season under more normal circumstances but it is what it is and I’ll have everything crossed that we can somehow manage to scrap our way to safety.

I’d love to be as delighted as most folk seem to be about things starting back up but I’d be totally lying if I didn’t admit I really wanted this season kaiboshed. I haven’t really enjoyed any of it, I don’t have much confidence in our squad and I’m not entirely convinced that, even if we have 6 loan slots left, Duffy will utilise them. I have to be completely honest that I haven’t missed watching our streams on a Saturday at all. Perhaps I’d feel differently if we were allowed to attend games.
The ideal scenario for me was the season being cancelled and us looking forward to a fresh start next season under more normal circumstances but it is what it is and I’ll have everything crossed that we can somehow manage to scrap our way to safety.
I basically agree with this but when all is said and done we are a football club which should be playing football. I see very little however to suggest that we in in for anything other than a grim struggle, and the fact that both the manager and his assistant are former central defenders has concerned me all season.
I also feel that the BoD should be sitting down with Jim Duffy and seeing what can be done to boost the squad, and pronto. We'll find out in due course.

I see that Ryan Finnie today made Cowdenbeath the 16th club of his career. He's only just turned 26. That is some going.

That guy was a hell of a player when he was 16/17 with us and should've done so much more with his talent.

Edited by Jan Vojáček