Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure we needed Hamilton anyway tbh, it was a poor loan to get in if centre midfield was where he was supposed to play. Interested to see what happens with Frizzell now, Barry Smith might get a game on Tuesday if he leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a bit concerning. Better hope Duffy has something up his sleeve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure we needed Hamilton anyway tbh, it was a poor loan to get in if centre midfield was where he was supposed to play. Interested to see what happens with Frizzell now, Barry Smith might get a game on Tuesday if he leaves.

I do agree aye, but it’s slightly concerning that Duffy wanted to keep him and he’s ended up at a club in the division below. It was only a few days ago Duffy was saying he expected him to stay.

I just have no confidence in him to find a decent replace/good player for a different position. Every transfer window under him just seems to get worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I do agree aye, but it’s slightly concerning that Duffy wanted to keep him and he’s ended up at a club in the division below. It was only a few days ago Duffy was saying he expected him to stay.

I just have no confidence in him to find a decent replace/good player for a different position. Every transfer window under him just seems to get worse.

That is concerning. How do we know that? I’ve missed it. I’d just assumed Duffy was fine letting him go.

Edited by FifeSons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2021 at 14:43, Sub-Keeper said:

Off topic but nice to see some positive exposure and interest in the club!
 

That video makes me want to move to Dumbarton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That is concerning. How do we know that? I’ve missed it. I’d just assumed Duffy was fine letting him go.

Shameless self promotion-o'clock.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dumbarton-boss-duffy-keen-tie-23270056#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is concerning though. I assume Hamilton/Neilson were fed up with him being played all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Reading that I do wonder if Stirling have perhaps offered to cover more of Hamilton’s wages as Duffy keeps referring to the finances allowing us to tie them down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is threatening to become an absolute mess of a season. No first choice keeper. A thin squad losing another player. No creativity. A lack of reliable goal threat.

The next 3 weeks will effectively decide whether we stay up or get relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is threatening to become an absolute mess of a season. No first choice keeper. A thin squad losing another player. No creativity. A lack of reliable goal threat.
The next 3 weeks will effectively decide whether we stay up or get relegated.

NULL AND VOID THE SEASON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FifeSons said:

That is concerning though. I assume Hamilton/Neilson were fed up with him being played all over the place.

I believe this is the case. He's a centre half who can play defensive midfield and we want him playing regularly in one position. Didn't Duffy play him wide right a few times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2021 at 09:56, The Moonster said:

Since March last year the club has received around £30-35K in donations from fans, £50k from James Anderson and £150k from the government. We also had the players and staff furloughed for much of last year. I get we have running costs and we've barely had a home game, but surely with over £230K in donations in the last year (and the low level of player we have on our books) the stress of staying in business isn't quite what it was when this kicked off? 

In their May 2019 accounts the club had creditors falling due  by May 2020 of £134,619. They had a total due to creditors of £359,218.

These figures are accumulated debt and do not include running costs.

At May 2019 the club had an overdraft of £32,451 and owed £19,454 in taxes and social security. 

Any receipts in the last few months, have to be viewed in this context.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

In their May 2019 accounts the club had creditors falling due  by May 2020 of £134,619. They had a total due to creditors of £359,218.

These figures are accumulated debt and do not include running costs.

At May 2019 the club had an overdraft of £32,451 and owed £19,454 in taxes and social security. 

Any receipts in the last few months, have to be viewed in this context.

 

 

If £134k was due to be paid in May 2020 then we either paid or whoever is owed it didn't hasn't gone mental for it, considering we're still here. Debt can be scary written down but we don't have a clue who is owed it or if they're calling it in. Does the overall creditors figure also not include money owed to Rankine from Brabco?

If we are in such a precarius position that we can barely survive then I'd hope an emergency meeting would be arranged or at the very least an emergency fund would be set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If £134k was due to be paid in May 2020 then we either paid or whoever is owed it didn't hasn't gone mental for it, considering we're still here. Debt can be scary written down but we don't have a clue who is owed it or if they're calling it in. Does the overall creditors figure also not include money owed to Rankine from Brabco?

If we are in such a precarius position that we can barely survive then I'd hope an emergency meeting would be arranged or at the very least an emergency fund would be set up. 

We certainly have some clue who is owed the money by reading the accounts.

creditors.jpg.4c650dae63f0c9a375532bdd307c65e6.jpg

 

We are in a precarious position and we are barely surviving. This was made clear in note 2:2 of the accounts in May 2019. It is very difficult to see how this situation can have improved since then.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

We certainly have some clue who is owed the money by reading the accounts.

creditors.jpg.4c650dae63f0c9a375532bdd307c65e6.jpg

 

Not really. The overdraft is something the club has pretty much always operated on, it's not anything new. We owe "trade creditors" and "other creditors" - that tells you hee haw about who it's owed to. Are the debts being called in this year? If not, it's not an immediate concern to keep the business running. I'm assuming we've paid our tax or HMRC would be knocking the door down.

If the club were to enter administration tomorrow you would have around 90% of the support in shock. Your average fan doesn't read the club accounts so I'm not sure note 2.2 hidden away in that document is "making it clear" to the fanbase that we could die at any moment.

I'm getting a bit tired of the "no pot to piss in" narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not really. The overdraft is something the club has pretty much always operated on, it's not anything new. We owe "trade creditors" and "other creditors" - that tells you hee haw about who it's owed to. Are the debts being called in this year? If not, it's not an immediate concern to keep the business running. I'm assuming we've paid our tax or HMRC would be knocking the door down.

If the club were to enter administration tomorrow you would have around 90% of the support in shock. Your average fan doesn't read the club accounts so I'm not sure note 2.2 hidden away in that document is "making it clear" to the fanbase that we could die at any moment.

I'm getting a bit tired of the "no pot to piss in" narrative.

I posted note 2:2 here recently. I may paraphrase but it basically said that the club was only in a position to continue as a going concern because a benefactor had guaranteed the club's debts for a limited time.

The overdraft when listed as due within a year means that it is up for annual review.

ETA  "The overdraft is something the club has pretty much always operated on" - They didn't have one in 2018.

"I'm getting a bit tired of the "no pot to piss in" narrative"

 

comforting-lies-vs-unpleasant-truths-640x480.jpeg

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I posted note 2:2 here recently. I may paraphrase but it basically said that the club was only in a position to continue as a going concern because a benefactor had guaranteed the club's debts for a limited time.

The overdraft when listed as due within a year means that it is up for annual review.

ETA  "The overdraft is something the club has pretty much always operated on" - They didn't have one in 2018.

"I'm getting a bit tired of the "no pot to piss in" narrative"

 

comforting-lies-vs-unpleasant-truths-640x480.jpeg

I'm happy to deal with truth no matter how harsh it is. I just don't agree our budget this season is as poor as made out or the clubs existence is in immediate danger. If I'm wrong on both counts I'm happy to eat my words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Duffy appears to indicate there that the club budgeted for having fans in the stadium this season. I find that utterly bewildering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...