Sons' sorrow

16 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I've been trying to spend £50 with the club since Monday, and despite the valiant efforts of the Twitter people, it's been radio silence from the club itself. 

We must be better off than we're all thinking. 

Well myself and someone else I know have both tried to purchase kits in the past week and the only kits available are the away kit in small and extra large. Surely we could set some sort of xmas deadline and ensure we have enough stock.

We’re never done reminding everyone how skint we are but we don’t help ourselves at times. 

25 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

£150k for each League 1 club from the Govt grant.

Handy 

It certainly is aye, but Championship clubs are getting 500k. That seems like an absolutely wild gap. Surely it could have been distributed better. Even 400k for Championship, 200k for League 1 and 150k for League 2 looks a lot fairer. 

It certainly is aye, but Championship clubs are getting 500k. That seems like an absolutely wild gap. Surely it could have been distributed better. Even 400k for Championship, 200k for League 1 and 150k for League 2 looks a lot fairer. 
Someone will need to explain to me why, for example, Arbroath are receiving £350K more than Forfar.

49 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It's similar with SPFL prize money awarded at the end of the season.

Finish 8th in The Championship & you earn £200k, win League 1 & you only earn £125k.

45 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Someone will need to explain to me why, for example, Arbroath are receiving £350K more than Forfar.

It’s because Ewan Cameron of Alloa is on the SPFL board. He would have wanted Alloa to get £500k so Arbroath are winners as a result of that.

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s because Ewan Cameron of Alloa is on the SPFL board. He would have wanted Alloa to get £500k so Arbroath are winners as a result of that.

Thanks.  It's exactly as I thought, grubby pork barrel politics.  Annual payments based on final league position I can understand on the basis of achievement, but for the crippling effects of a pandemic there should be a more equitable share-out.

I'll be amazed if the utility and rates bills at Dumbarton  and Stirling are hugely different from those at Alloa or Arbroath.

We're just two points above the relegation play off place having played more games than all four teams below us. Hopefully the run of home games can yield a good amount of points and haul us away from the position we find ourselves in.