Sons' sorrow

7 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

Yes that'll be it I'm afraid.

I'll send Pixellot an email and see if I can get a reason for it not working on Smart TV.

Maybe/hopefully it's something they are working on. They are quite proactive so fingers crossed it's something they're doing.

I'll keep you posted.

Just giving feedback on this.  I'm using the Internet browser on my smart tv and the streams have been absolutely sound for me so far.

Just giving feedback on this.  I'm using the Internet browser on my smart tv and the streams have been absolutely sound for me so far.
That's how I tried... got on the site no problem...when I clicked on the big yellow start button... just got the rotating circle thing

Our training gear looks great. Shame we don’t seem to sell it, I would’ve definitely bought it.
E96DD704-0342-4EC2-BB98-B244AE1B97D6.thumb.png.7e07bc85b3372dbcb2e54de2e9c6a852.png

I agree, nice enough concept of kit and maybe the more mature fan would be inclined to buy replica trading kit, but get that f****** yellow to f*** away from my club.

Get it away off the kit, that ball, and that post and chain are making my eyes bleed. 🤬🤬

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Why do folk get so hung up on the yellow/gold thing? Is it such a massive deal? Historically we’ve had loads of kits that are more yellowish than gold and a lot of them have been nice.

I prefer the gold of the 70's tops to the yellow we have this year and have had for many years. The yellow Methode top is iconic for me though, despite it being possibly one of our most horrible tops in colour and design. Looking back at our kits, we appear to move to a yellow colour in 88 before reverting back to the gold. It was actually the white kit in the late 90s that appear to have brought about the permanent change to yellow from gold. I don't think it's a massive deal but I do think the gold looks smarter.

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I prefer the gold of the 70's tops to the yellow we have this year and have had for many years. The yellow Methode top is iconic for me though, despite it being possibly one of our most horrible tops in colour and design. Looking back at our kits, we appear to move to a yellow colour in 88 before reverting back to the gold. It was actually the white kit in the late 90s that appear to have brought about the permanent change to yellow from gold. I don't think it's a massive deal but I do think the gold looks smarter.

I don’t disagree that the gold can look smarter but some of our more gold than yellow efforts with Surridge were horrendous. I absolutely hated those kits. Give me the bright yellow Methode and Diadora tops over them any day of the week. Sometimes I think kit manufacturers struggle to get the gold colour right and you end up with something that looks like a bit like baby shite.

I always favour the white kit with a band across the front but I can’t say I’m hugely arsed about gold/yellow. Both of them can work.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Agree on the Methode top. I'm too young to have had one, but the Diadora yellow one is iconic too.

The Umbro kit from the late 70s/80s is ridiculously cool. Clicky.

Edited by FifeSons

Why do folk get so hung up on the yellow/gold thing? Is it such a massive deal? Historically we’ve had loads of kits that are more yellowish than gold and a lot of them have been nice.

It’s an age thing [emoji106]

The other thing is that the whole club, strips, programmes, stadium has moved to yellow.

Taking another club that retains an instantly recognisable strip despite changing manufacturers, Airdrie, they haven’t deviated from their club colours in their strips or stadium.

As I said, it’s an age thing, gold lettering on the stand at Boghead for example.

When I win the lottery and buy those scumbags out, I’ll have the decorators in at the stadium and Umbro will be producing our strips again ! [emoji106]

All the best.

27 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Does McGeever walk back into that team when he's fit or should we be sticking with the Carswell and Neill combo?

McGeever would be back for me. I'd also like to see Crossan in for Church.

We also need to do something about Forbes in the middle of the park. I'd like to see us go with Hamilton, Carswell and Wedderburn.