I see that former YPOTY Chris 'Boomer' McLaughlin is the latest former Dumbarton player to join Stevie Aitken at East Kilbride.

I hope that Stevie can get him back into the form (and shape) he was in whilst he was with us. I thought he had the potential to be an absolutely tremendous player but he seems to be following the Ryan Finnie career path. Feels like this might be his last chance, so hopefully he doesn't waste it.

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Looking a tad rotund there.

He played a game (or 2) for the accies a couple years ago and was pretty rotund then

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see that former YPOTY Chris 'Boomer' McLaughlin is the latest former Dumbarton player to join Stevie Aitken at East Kilbride.

I hope that Stevie can get him back into the form (and shape) he was in whilst he was with us. I thought he had the potential to be an absolutely tremendous player but he seems to be following the Ryan Finnie career path. Feels like this might be his last chance, so hopefully he doesn't waste it.

The other guy looks about 10.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

The top of the lowland league is seriously #staunch. Aitken and Durrant will be having a massive sectarian love in with Barry Ferguson.

Edited by FifeSons

Out of interest, does anyone have a rough idea of the average wage our squad is on? Would £200/week be about right?

Edited by FifeSons

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Out of interest, does anyone have a rough idea of the average wage our squad is on? Would £200/week be about right?

I'd be shocked if it was much more than that, especially this season.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'd be shocked if it was much more than that, especially this season.

Me too. £200/week average for a 20-man squad would be around £200k annually - and that's not even including Duffy. Given our prize money last season was £80k, even that seems a stretch. I can't imagine season ticket sales add much either...

If anyone wants to really feel depressed clicky.

18 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Me too. £200/week average for a 20-man squad would be around £200k annually - and that's not even including Duffy. Given our prize money last season was £80k, even that seems a stretch. I can't imagine season ticket sales add much either...

Thats what happens when you sell Hampden to the SFA.

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Hooruva money being thrown around there...

There are a lot of ambitious big spending clubs around. Cove, Edinburgh City and QP are 3 just in the leagues. The lowland, and WOS leagues are full of teams splashing the cash trying to get to the big time. Clubs like us will struggle to continue to compete for players unless we get some investment and get rid of brabco. Its worrying for teams like us trying to get by.

9 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He’s really let himself go.

The worst thing he ever done was leave us, I think he thought he was better than playing for a part-time club when in reality 2 or 3 solid seasons with us would’ve seen him earn a full-time deal in the Championship at least. 

14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thats what happens when you sell Hampden to the SFA.

They are being funded by Tom Hunter and Willie Haughey AFAIK. One of them is worth £252m to give you a scale of how much these guys can afford to piss away on Scottish lower league football.

I can’t see them spunking the Hampden money on paying ex Falkirk jobbers an eye watering League 2 wage. I’m not sure they’ve even received that yet? 

I found this in an article on the Scotsman website - “A bright future now looks assured as Queen’s will receive financial backing from Lord Willie Haughey who, along with Sir Tom Hunter, stepped in to bridge the gap when the SFA could not agree on the purchase price for Hampden, and has pledged a transfer kitty to help get a professional squad established.”

From a totally selfish point of view, I absolutely love the streaming since it means I can watch every single game from down South (whereas I would only see a handful of games a season otherwise).
I'll of course be pleased when we can get crowds back in, but I'll also be gutted not to be able to see all the games anymore.
I'm with you on that one. It's been brillaint for me this season being able to watch all the games. I usually only get to a handful a season, if that, and now with a 1 year old, the 600 mile round trio is even less likely! Obviously I want fans back in too but I will be gutted when I can't follow as closely as I have been this year.

What do you think the likelihood is of streaming continuing after the pandemic? I for one would happily pay the price of a season ticket to the club if it meant I could watch all the home games. If there were enough takers from far afield then it could generate some extra revenue for the club as people like me wouldn't be paying for match day tickets anyway in a normal season due to the distance involved.

I guess it depends on how much it costs the club to stream games vs people paying to watch the streams and also the TV licensing rules (which in my opinion are a bit of a farce when none of the games are ever shown on TV)?

1 hour ago, DFCdownsouth said:

I'm with you on that one. It's been brillaint for me this season being able to watch all the games. I usually only get to a handful a season, if that, and now with a 1 year old, the 600 mile round trio is even less likely! Obviously I want fans back in too but I will be gutted when I can't follow as closely as I have been this year.

What do you think the likelihood is of streaming continuing after the pandemic? I for one would happily pay the price of a season ticket to the club if it meant I could watch all the home games. If there were enough takers from far afield then it could generate some extra revenue for the club as people like me wouldn't be paying for match day tickets anyway in a normal season due to the distance involved.

I guess it depends on how much it costs the club to stream games vs people paying to watch the streams and also the TV licensing rules (which in my opinion are a bit of a farce when none of the games are ever shown on TV)?

I’ve always just expected the streaming will end when fans are allowed back in, for the reasons you mention. Though maybe some fans might not feel safe going back straight away, so the market for streaming could still be there.

I’d also happily pay a premium to continue watching. I’d much rather give my money to DFC and be able to watch the games than spend it seeing my English team.

Edited by FifeSons

Almost exactly 4 years from that infamous visit to New Dundas Park, Stevie Aitken leaves Bonnyrigg an unhappy manager as East Kilbride are beaten 2-1.
Hutts sent off early in the second half with a second yellow.

18 minutes ago, GHibee said:

Almost exactly 4 years from that infamous visit to New Dundas Park, Stevie Aitken leaves Bonnyrigg an unhappy manager as East Kilbride are beaten 2-1.
Hutts sent off early in the second half with a second yellow.

It looks like Aitken was doing the match uodates on the EK Twitter today. Absolute state of it.

39 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Meanwhile back at the ranch Forfar rather contradicting those who thought we played well at Peterhead last week.

Cove showing how good our win at Airdrie was.

42 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Meanwhile back at the ranch Forfar rather contradicting those who thought we played well at Peterhead last week.

Perhaps, or perhaps in fitba' things aren't quite as simple as that. Dumbarton will finish above both Peterhead and Forfar IMHO. Feel free to bookmark though because I could be wrong.