Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Me neither. He said on Saturday that the game was an inconvenience, and it certainly felt like one tonight. I was just praying we'd make it through the 90 without another nasty injury or a suspension. Having Hamilton, Neill and Carsy back on Saturday will be very welcome. 

Why we playing the game if its an inconvenience? We can't qualify, and i assume we're forking out for testing against killie. Pointless tournament, 2 subs, 1 a GK proves that! Why risk the squad tonight and in the next game? 

6 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Why we playing the game if its an inconvenience? We can't qualify, and i assume we're forking out for testing against killie. Pointless tournament, 2 subs, 1 a GK proves that! Why risk the squad tonight and in the next game? 

It is a pain in the arse but it had to be played.

Forfeiting could mean fines, suspension from future comps and loss of any competition money.

In any other time I wouldn't have bought the game last night and if fans were allowed I wouldn't have attended. I think it's fairly pish the way we treat this tournament. Getting charged the same as a league game to watch our team go through the motions and the gaffer treating it like a friendly, subbing off our goalkeeper for absolutely no reason. Not sure I'll bother with the Killie game on Saturday, I don't think they need the money.

Last night shows that whilst we might have a decent size of squad, it's extremely short on quality. Don't want to discredit Morrison after one game but I'm struggling to understand why we didn't just keep Lewis Crawford if that's the level of player we're replacing him with. Two huge boys up front and they are absolute powderpuff whilst Wilson gets shifted out wide where he's no use. The one positive was Matty Reilly, he at least looked to get us up the pitch and never stopped working. 

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Enjoyed the repetitive digs at the follically challenged throughout the game from the commentary team.

For what it's worth, I thought  Pavlyuchenko was pish.

Got to make those digs whilst I still can, because given the family history it won't be for much longer 😬

Expect a doorstepping from Chris for that sort of patter.

I’m more than happy to see us add more defensive cover but the fact we’ve added another left back really does make you wonder why Duffy signed Morrison. 

If we could add another centre back I’d feel far more comfortable with the defence overall. I’m really not a fan of depending on starting midfielders to cover there. It weakens the midfield and as they are playing most weeks they are also picking up injuries and suspensions. That being said I’d rather Duffy didn’t just chuck a deal at anyone to bulk up the numbers, it would have to be a worthwhile signing. 

Duffy being a little disingenuous with the truth there, Daniel was signed for the entirety of last season but WE released him back to Celtic around New Year as tbh he hardly impressed!!!
He was no better than the option we had at LB in Pat Slattery, which may be faint praise as Slattery isn’t a LB and really only plays there out of necessity!!!
But good luck to the lad, he may have improved in the past year!!!