11 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

For those who got the stream did everyone experience the delay between the visuals and audio?

As you say, was maybe only a second and not really severe enough to cause any issues.

The product I received was probably better than I expected and was worth the money. 

Thanks for your efforts. 

5 minutes ago, Highland Son said:

Very disappointed not to be able to see any of the match. I hope for an early statement from the club or the supposed providers.

Pixellot have just issued a statement saying sorry and the club have confirmed they will issue refunds once it's clarified who didn't get access.

1 hour ago, Highland Son said:

Very disappointed not to be able to see any of the match. I hope for an early statement from the club or the supposed providers.

There was a statement up online this morning, and Pixellot issued one last night.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4595

I always had my doubts that Pixelot’s servers could cope with demand and that proved to be the case. They will need to sort it very quickly. I think to begin with the best tactic is to register and pay well in advance of the game and get everything loaded and working well before kick off. I just hope folk remain patient for the first few weeks and appreciate it will take a bit of time to get everything working perfectly.

Despite the fairly major server issues I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed with what was served up by the automated system. There were a couple of times it strayed (it really struggles with kick off for some reason) but for the most part it worked really well. I’d have no issues tuning into that on a weekly basis until we’re allowed back in.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Pixellot have just issued a statement saying sorry and the club have confirmed they will issue refunds once it's clarified who didn't get access.

Better be Pixellot who put up the cash for the refunds and the club still get the cash. We need every penny at the moment and can not afford to lose the money due to their issue.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I will gladly accept a refund if it comes from Pixellot but wouldn't take money back off the club.If there is a refund it should be Pixellot who refund, not DFC.

7 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I will gladly accept a refund if it comes from Pixellot but wouldn't take money back off the club.If there is a refund it should be Pixellot who refund, not DFC.

Agree with this totally.

Just in case it was missed in all the livestreaming fun and games, we have signed striker Jaime Wilson who featured in pre-season. Ex ICT kid who had a spell with Rothes before heading to Northcote City in Australia. Duffy confirmed it last night but said that we are waiting for clearance and I clocked him in the stand during the game. I'm reliably informed by my Highland sources that he's "a dream strike partner who'll get you 10-12 goals a season." Has a decent turn of pace and some workrate apparently.

Here he is scoring some goals for Northcote...I've no idea what standard they are at, but I reckon he's worth a punt.

1 hour ago, sons superhero said:

Agree with this totally.

Totally agree with you and Lorenzo and others. It's that unusual business of football, having a supporter versus a customer. 

I also saw the messages from Albion, Annan and Morton who had the similar Pixellot issue. I see our statement reiterates the point the while it won't fully make up for missing live streaming,  the full game is up there to view. I bought a subscription, got in early last night and watched no problem.  I've also been back in this morning.  Are most people who subscribed able to go back in and watch ? 

To the commentary team and those who had done all the testing well done. Must have been a sickener that all the hard work was, in some fans cases, negated by the 3rd party issue.      

Similar here - I will only seek a refund from Pixellot, not the club. I watched some of the match this morning and the picture quality was superb. The commentary was spot on and they clearly did their homework on both teams. I thought, from the small amount I managed to watch, that we played quite well, looked nice and tidy in the middle and the defence seemed to be quite calm and controlled - no real bomb scares, although I read on here that Rico was looking a little rusty in the second half.

I will definitely be logging on every week.

16 minutes ago, Always the Sons said:

I've also been back in this morning.  Are most people who subscribed able to go back in and watch ? 

I know it's little consolation but yes the game will be up for 48 hours after it went live.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just in case it was missed in all the livestreaming fun and games, we have signed striker Jaime Wilson who featured in pre-season. Ex ICT kid who had a spell with Rothes before heading to Northcote City in Australia. Duffy confirmed it last night but said that we are waiting for clearance and I clocked him in the stand during the game. I'm reliably informed by my Highland sources that he's "a dream strike partner who'll get you 10-12 goals a season." Has a decent turn of pace and some workrate apparently.

Here he is scoring some goals for Northcote...I've no idea what standard they are at, but I reckon he's worth a punt.

Really hope we get clearance soon as we need more bodies in the door.Happy with another striker but we need 2 more in midfield  including a winger).No idea if the budget will stretch so far but we need that at least.

Really hope we get clearance soon as we need more bodies in the door.Happy with another striker but we need 2 more in midfield  including a winger).No idea if the budget will stretch so far but we need that at least.
Absolutely. I've no doubt that retaining a number of last season's squad avoided the customary headless chicken performance in the opening fixture - the defensive organisation was evidence of this - but with McKee gone we are currently reliant on Forbes for any creative spark in midfield. The lad Wilson looks to be a useful addition but a pacy midfielder with some football would be equally welcome, and a possible antidote to back-four hoofball. I'm sure JD is on it.

We need linked with an exotic sounding foreigner. There's been a distinct lack of that in this window. 

How many different nationalities have played for the Sons?

16 minutes ago, the snudge said:

We need linked with an exotic sounding foreigner. There's been a distinct lack of that in this window. 

How many different nationalities have played for the Sons?

Turbo 🇮🇸

Froxy 🇨🇾

Obidele 🇳🇬

Norwegian student fella who's name escapes me. 🇳🇴

Pritz 🇸🇪

Quitongo Snr 🇦🇴

Edited by PWL