Sons' sorrow

50 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I'm not up to date obviously, but the last I heard they won't be producing any strips until a shirt sponsor is found.

Aye I vaguely remember the last update we got mentioning something along those lines but that was at the start of August (i think). With competitive fixtures less than a week away hopefully we have something on the horizon. 

Very poor show from Turnberry Homes to pull out like that. The housing market is booming and they are back building again.

Aye I vaguely remember the last update we got mentioning something along those lines but that was at the start of August (i think). With competitive fixtures less than a week away hopefully we have something on the horizon. 

I was listening to the latest Nutmeg podcast this morning which was an interview with Jim Leighton. He said that he had a trial with us when he was 16 but wasn't offered a contract. However, Lawrie Williams was impressed enough to contact a friend of his who was managing Dalry and reccomended him. Leighton signed for them and obviously went on to have very successful career. 

7 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Bit of a weird one that we didn't have a midweek friendly this week with the real stuff just around the corner, unless of course we're playing tonight and Saturday or something.

Out of interest does anyone know what's happening with the kits?  I can't help but feel we're missing out on a bit of extra cash by still not having them for sale.  I had someone asking me about buying one as a birthday gift recently but I wasn't entirely sure when they'd be on sale.

One of our players tested positive and we had to cancel a friendly that was supposed to happen on Tuesday there.  It was an injured player who hadn't been doing much/anything in training (not sure who it would be) but they cancelled it as a precaution.  Had to cancel training as well.

1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:

One of our players tested positive and we had to cancel a friendly that was supposed to happen on Tuesday there.  It was an injured player who hadn't been doing much/anything in training (not sure who it would be) but they cancelled it as a precaution.  Had to cancel training as well.

Ooft. I notice the stadium was closed at short notice for “staff training” the other day as well. I can only assume that is linked to it. Hopefully whoever it was is showing no symptoms and the rest of the squad and management return negative tests. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

I believe we were training at Toryglen last night
Jim the groundsman will be delighted with that, to be fair to Jim Duffy he did say at the start he would try and get somewhere else to train as soon as he could to save the park. I saw it yesterday and it looks fine, nothing like the way it look in that video.

Jim the groundsman will be delighted with that, to be fair to Jim Duffy he did say at the start he would try and get somewhere else to train as soon as he could to save the park. I saw it yesterday and it looks fine, nothing like the way it look in that video.
To be fair, I've just revisited that video and you can see that there are alot of funny colours elsewhere. The colours are well off when you look at the water, buildings and sky.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Jazza away 😢

Clicky

Genuinely saddened by that. It feels like he's part of the club with the service he's given us the last 10 years. Played and coached us through some great times. I sincerely hope everything is okay with him and his family and our door should always be open for him. 

12 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Might have missed it, any info on PPV for Tuesday?

Not been announced yet, the club have only acknowledged that we're hopeful of streaming Tuesday's game.

6 minutes ago, microdave said:
16 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:
Incoming shirt sponsor announcement

It's C&G Systems.

C&G Systems FC 🙌🙌

Thank goodness they’re around and willing to support the club. Otherwise we’d be fucked! 😱

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons