Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

EDIT  - Just to add, I'm reading the transfer window closes on Monday. We have work to do this week!

Fairly irrelevant unless you plan to either physically transfer someone or bring in a loan from outside Scotland. Internal loans can be done to the end of October. Free agents can be signed anytime as long as they were free at midnight on Monday.

I think as a fan, if you think there is something that can be improved then it’s worthwhile highlighting it. Constructive feedback rather than complaints will allow the team to feedback to pixellot and get issues ironed out. It will never be Sky Sports quality in terms of production value but I reckon over time we will have something that’s actually really good. 

Agreed, but the key word there is constructive.

Happy with the goalkeeper and if we can bring in a suitable back-up I’m confident we’re in a better place in that particular position than we’ve been for a few seasons now.

Also happy enough with the defence. A bit of consistency from previous seasons personnel wise is no bad thing and hopefully Hamilton gives us some additional options. We’ve also got Carsy as suitable cover if required.

Midfield needs the focus imo. Distinct lack of pace and creativity on there. We’re working within a limited budget and the current uncertainty won’t lend itself to any permanent signing but hopefully Duffy can flutter his eye lashes at some Premiership gaffers and get us some outrageous talent in on loan.

The forward line could do with another body in there but if that’s what we end up with I’m relatively confident there are goals in that lot.

2 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

Happy with the goalkeeper and if we can bring in a suitable back-up I’m confident we’re in a better place in that particular position than we’ve been for a few seasons now.

Also happy enough with the defence. A bit of consistency from previous seasons personnel wise is no bad thing and hopefully Hamilton gives us some additional options. We’ve also got Carsy as suitable cover if required.

Midfield needs the focus imo. Distinct lack of pace and creativity on there. We’re working within a limited budget and the current uncertainty won’t lend itself to any permanent signing but hopefully Duffy can flutter his eye lashes at some Premiership gaffers and get us some outrageous talent in on loan.

The forward line could do with another body in there but if that’s what we end up with I’m relatively confident there are goals in that lot.

What happened to the trialist lad Jamie Wilson, is he now off the radar ?

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

League 1 clubs have voted in favour of using 5 subs this season, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. A clearer case of copying something for the sake of it you will not see.

I can see why the clubs with big squads would vote for it as it gives them an advantage over clubs who run with just enough players to get by. Nine clubs in this league voted in favour of it and there certainly aren't 9 clubs in this league with big squads so some fuds are putting themselves at a disadvantage before a ball is kicked. The full-timers are the most likely to benefit from it.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Did we vote for it ? There were many games last season when we failed to fill the bench.

9 clubs returned votes, at least 8 of those were in favour (If I'm reading the results properly). It makes total sense if your club is playing 3 games a week, but for us playing 1 game a week for 27 weeks it's bonkers to allow half the team to be subbed off every game. 

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

Yeah I was checking that very page earlier. Is it the same system that East Fife have by any chance? I missed that at the weekend but reports saying it was working ok, but should be good after a practise run. 

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yeah I was checking that very page earlier. Is it the same system that East Fife have by any chance? I missed that at the weekend but reports saying it was working ok, but should be good after a practise run. 

Nah, I'm pretty sure we're using a good old fashioned human behind the camera.

I can see why the clubs with big squads would vote for it as it gives them an advantage over clubs who run with just enough players to get by. Nine clubs in this league voted in favour of it and there certainly aren't 9 clubs in this league with big squads so some fuds are putting themselves at a disadvantage before a ball is kicked. The full-timers are the most likely to benefit from it.

On the other hand part time clubs might have taken the view that they are more likely to tire against full time teams so extra subs would help. Not that I’m in favour of it Id go back to two subs and if your keeper gets injured an outfield player has to go in. That was always good fun

Bit of a weird one that we didn't have a midweek friendly this week with the real stuff just around the corner, unless of course we're playing tonight and Saturday or something.

Out of interest does anyone know what's happening with the kits?  I can't help but feel we're missing out on a bit of extra cash by still not having them for sale.  I had someone asking me about buying one as a birthday gift recently but I wasn't entirely sure when they'd be on sale.

I'm not up to date obviously, but the last I heard they won't be producing any strips until a shirt sponsor is found.

Bit of a weird one that we didn't have a midweek friendly this week with the real stuff just around the corner, unless of course we're playing tonight and Saturday or something.
Out of interest does anyone know what's happening with the kits?  I can't help but feel we're missing out on a bit of extra cash by still not having them for sale.  I had someone asking me about buying one as a birthday gift recently but I wasn't entirely sure when they'd be on sale.