Sons' sorrow

If you are talking about the home support then the average walk-up percentage is low. However, as Boghead Ranter suggests if we could broadcast to exiles and fans of visiting clubs then the audience could be decent. A powerful appeal to the occasional home attenders to take out a season could be made, emphasising that you can now watch every game in your boxers.

Hopefully the streaming of matches is a success. What percentage of walk up fans on an average matchday be? My guess would be about 50% so that's quite a lot to make up. Obviously there would be fewer overheads but that wouldn't come close to making up that sort of shortfall.

The way things are going, and with the lack of testing that will be happening at lower leagues, I have a worrying feeling we may not start as planned unless things change. Forfeited games are going to be a distinct possibility down the leagues with small squads etc. 1 player tests positive, potentially 3 or 4 others self isolating and teams could be struggling to put a team on the park. 

Surely we could make up 0art of the shortfall by streaming abroad / out 9f area? 
Or do the rules prevent that? *

*surely in this situation, the rules could be temporarily waived? We won't be the only club needing a little help. 
If we're playing behind closed doors, I'm sure the rules would be relaxed as it has been with the premiership.
If you are talking about the home support then the average walk-up percentage is low. However, as Boghead Ranter suggests if we could broadcast to exiles and fans of visiting clubs then the audience could be decent. A powerful appeal to the occasional home attenders to take out a season could be made, emphasising that you can now watch every game in your boxers.
I was meaning the entire attendance so hopefully away supporters would have access to a stream for a fee of course. I'm assuming if we're playing behind closed doors, then season ticket holders wouldn't be expected to pay again.

I was meaning the entire attendance so hopefully away supporters would have access to a stream for a fee of course. I'm assuming if we're playing behind closed doors, then season ticket holders wouldn't be expected to pay again.
I've already bought a season ticket as have some others. However I've also spoken to a couple of ST holders who were holding off until the situation became clearer, and there are probably many like them. With the return of fans now postponed until who knows when I anticipate the clubs will now examine a ST policy based around closed-door matches and streaming.

I am actually fearing the worst for our club, a few clubs in Scotland have constant revenues what with social clubs, betting companies, and aren’t Peterhead fairly comfortable due to the oil industry, or am I wrong there?

Can anyone expect brabco to fully fund the club, staff and players until we’re all back fully functional?

13 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I am actually fearing the worst for our club, a few clubs in Scotland have constant revenues what with social clubs, betting companies, and aren’t Peterhead fairly comfortable due to the oil industry, or am I wrong there?

Can anyone expect brabco to fully fund the club, staff and players until we’re all back fully functional?

BrabCo will be rubbing their hands just now, they'll have no intentions of funding us....ever. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've already bought a season ticket as have some others. However I've also spoken to a couple of ST holders who were holding off until the situation became clearer, and there are probably many like them. With the return of fans now postponed until who knows when I anticipate the clubs will now examine a ST policy based around closed-door matches and streaming.

I'm not sure I follow the "holding off until the situation became clearer" logic. What isn't clear at the moment? Club have announced games will be streamed, it makes entire sense that if you've bought a ST you'll get access to view games whether that be online or in person. The clubs had the begging bowl out for months and we've now signed up the bulk of the squad and I assume since they are training they are currently off furlough. It seems clear to me that the club need money now possibly more than they have done all year. 

I hope that the online streaming of games will be available for non-season ticket holders at a set price per game. Would provide the club with a bit more income.

Also, are we planning to stream away games too? That would be great and also possibly bring in some more income. Does anyone know if there’s rules in place to stop us making money from an away game?

3 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I hope that the online streaming of games will be available for non-season ticket holders at a set price per game. Would provide the club with a bit more income.

Also, are we planning to stream away games too? That would be great and also possibly bring in some more income. Does anyone know if there’s rules in place to stop us making money from an away game?

Pixellot is installed at the stadium, so there's no way of moving it - and no chance of us being able to set up a more portable way of streaming away games. Most other clubs in the league will be live streaming though, so I reckon getting a stream should be easy enough.

Fwiw I'm right up for only home clubs being allowed to stream games. Means we'll get a boost out of playing Falkirk or Partick Thistle just as we would if the game was played in front of fans - albeit a far smaller one.

To everyone talking about test streaming friendlies, I totally agree. We've only played once at home though so far, hence why nothing has happened on that front so far. At the very least I think we're hoping to have highlights of a friendly. I'm not sure the SPFL has said yet if we'll be able to stream the Betfred Cup either, but I'd like to think that would be allowed given the circumstances. It would be shambolic if it wasn't.

13 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Not for you it won't. Streaming of matches is a matter for the home club. If they do stream them then they keep the cash, not the away club.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Pixellot is installed at the stadium, so there's no way of moving it - and no chance of us being able to set up a more portable way of streaming away games. Most other clubs in the league will be live streaming though, so I reckon getting a stream should be easy enough.

Fwiw I'm right up for only home clubs being allowed to stream games. Means we'll get a boost out of playing Falkirk or Partick Thistle just as we would if the game was played in front of fans - albeit a far smaller one.

To everyone talking about test streaming friendlies, I totally agree. We've only played once at home though so far, hence why nothing has happened on that front so far. At the very least I think we're hoping to have highlights of a friendly. I'm not sure the SPFL has said yet if we'll be able to stream the Betfred Cup either, but I'd like to think that would be allowed given the circumstances. It would be shambolic if it wasn't.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "The format of this season's Betfred Cup remains unchanged, but our agreement with Premier Sports also means that clubs will be able to live-stream first round matches on a pay-per-view basis, via club digital media services, provided the games have not been selected for broadcast by Premier Sports.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "The format of this season's Betfred Cup remains unchanged, but our agreement with Premier Sports also means that clubs will be able to live-stream first round matches on a pay-per-view basis, via club digital media services, provided the games have not been selected for broadcast by Premier Sports.

Ideal.  Best hope Premier don't want to televise Dom Thomas's glorious return to G82.

I'm not sure I follow the "holding off until the situation became clearer" logic. What isn't clear at the moment? Club have announced games will be streamed, it makes entire sense that if you've bought a ST you'll get access to view games whether that be online or in person. The clubs had the begging bowl out for months and we've now signed up the bulk of the squad and I assume since they are training they are currently off furlough. It seems clear to me that the club need money now possibly more than they have done all year. 
Your last sentence is why I bought one and there are others who have done the same. But not everyone sees it like that; some will want to see the seating arrangements, whether there is a bar, pie stall, etc., before committing. As of yesterday though these considerations are off the table, possibly for months, so I hope the club now actively encourages the purchase of cyber season tickets for the streaming service.

23 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

But not everyone sees it like that; some will want to see the seating arrangements, whether there is a bar, pie stall, etc., before committing. 

Again, that's idiotic logic IMO. If there's no club there's absolutely no chance of a decent seat or a pie/pint. If folk haven't got it in their heads that we're in full blown survival mode, we're fucked before we get going.

As I always say, people are free to spend their money they way they want but to say you're withholding money because you want to see if you'll get a pint is fucking mental.

I thought that in the event of fans not returning to stadiums, season ticket buyers were guaranteed to be able to access the home game webcasts?

I've got experience of following away games via webcast in my other sport. Theres a price point that fans feel is a reasonable value and criticism quickly follows if clubs charge more than that. In UK hockey fans are ok with £10 but grumble at £15. There are concerns over the quality of a stream and fans are quick to complain about technical faults. I think the next step has to be setting out the club's streaming policy, including charges, and running some test events to make sure that our streaming platform works. We can't just start the season expecting everything to work from day 1 because that very rarely happens.

We are agreed Moonster, but I'm just telling you that not everyone sees it like that - it's just human nature.

Again, that's idiotic logic IMO. If there's no club there's absolutely no chance of a decent seat or a pie/pint. If folk haven't got it in their heads that we're in full blown survival mode, we're fucked before we get going.
As I always say, people are free to spend their money they way they want but to say you're withholding money because you want to see if you'll get a pint is fucking mental.

Even if they tested the Pixellot Equipment out with an hour long stream of a squad training session or something. Just something to make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible for when it comes down to a proper game.

It could even give the commentators a warm up aswell with some chat about the new players and how the squad is shaping up etc.

Edited by super-son

Surely common sense HAS to prevail.If our stadium can hold 2000 and we sell 300 ST then that is the social distancing box ticked.Hand gel in the stadium plus obligatory use of a mask should keep the beaks happy.No away fans and No pay at the gate.Hospitality could be done by prior booking but i'm not sure how successful it will be amongst ST holders only.

The rest have to watch via streaming...£10 A GAME( I would rather make it cheap to attract more fans especially away supporters) for all fans including those living abroad will bring some cash in.Whether it is enough to survive I do not know.But it would be something.As I see it life goes on and the economy simply cannot be closed down.Each club must come up with their own plan that would satisfy the govt guidelines.

1 hour ago, super-son said:

Even if they tested the Pixellot Equipment out with an hour long stream of a squad training session or something. Just something to make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible for when it comes down to a proper game.

It could even give the commentators a warm up aswell with some chat about the new players and how the squad is shaping up etc.

Would be good to run something with a few player interviews, a chat with Duffy and a chat with John Steele. Would still like it to be tested over a full closed door friendly or even a Betfred cup game if possible.