Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Very few and far between nowadays, too many guys see an extra £50 - £100 a week and are off at the first sniff of it.

The big man's surprised me there, it would have been easy to go to kelty, strolled 80% of the games against absolute garbage but he's chosen to continually test himself in what will be a hell of a difficult league for EVERY team, and he's earned a lot of respect from me for that decision.

The lure of playing for Scotland's original champions,  at the only stadium in world football that has a castle in the car park, was too great for him. 

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

The lure of playing for Scotland's original champions,  at the only stadium in world football that has a castle in the car park, was too great for him. 

Kelty have a castle in their car park.

Spoiler

See the source image

How many more do you think we will get in?

I'm guessing at another 5 not including todays.Thats a squad of 18 which should be ample for 27 league games plus cup ties.Its all about quality now.A Joe Mckee style playmaker plus a decent striker would  complete our outfield needs plus maybe an extra defender and another wide player.2 goalies and then we are all set...but maybe very wishful thinking on my part.

If what Duffy is saying is true on the OS that they want him to go back to Hibs and challenge for the no.1 shirt then I'd assume he's quite highly thought of at Hibs. Cowden fan saying he done well for them last season until he got injured. At 6ft 4, it sounds like he fits the bill to me.

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Goalkeeper Kevin Dabrowski on loan from HiberniSons  :wub:

If he lives up to half of the hype, and the favourable newspaper reports, then I think we will have a very solid keeper. Older fans can correct me, but this is possibly our first Polish player as well. Wonder what nickname Sons fans will give him?

On paper at least I'm very, very pleased with that. A new goalkeeper always gets me excited, but a new foreign goalkeeper just tips me into a new world of excitement. Add in the fact he's on loan from Hibs and it's dream come true stuff :wub:

This was on his Twitter. If he performs like that for us then we've knocked it off.