Sons' sorrow

Played for The Sons in the late 1970's.
In fact Pat played as many games for us as he did for Celtic.
Pat McCluskey was an excellent player for us, a great reader of the defensive side of the game. He was never better than in the 1-0 SC replay win at Tynecastle in 1977. I also seem to recall him scoring a hat-trick against us when Celtic tanked us 6-1 at Boghead in the 1972 promotion season.

Pat McCluskey was an excellent player for us, a great reader of the defensive side of the game. He was never better than in the 1-0 SC replay win at Tynecastle in 1977. I also seem to recall him scoring a hat-trick against us when Celtic tanked us 6-1 at Boghead in the 1972 promotion season.
The 6-1 defeat was the following season(although, still 1972) and he did indeed score a hat trick. Ironically, former Celtic player Willie Wallace scored our goal that day.

2nd December 1972 at Boghead. Pat scored a hat-trick for Celtic and Willie Wallace scored for us. I remember it was 6-0 at the time and the Celtic fans cheered his goal as much as we did. John Cushley scored an own goal in that match as well.

Edited by Sons FC

Delighted this has become a reality.I remember pushing for it back in APRIL/MAY  along with some of you and despite  assurances from some quarters that  it couldn't be done...VOILA!!Great news and lets hope it now  gets the support to make it viable and profitable .

4 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Delighted this has become a reality.I remember pushing for it back in APRIL/MAY  along with some of you and despite  assurances from some quarters that  it couldn't be done...VOILA!!Great news and lets hope it now  gets the support to make it viable and profitable .

Under normal circumstances we couldn't do this. Without coronavirus the rules about broadcasting games on a Saturday at 3pm would still be in place. They've been relaxed to allow teams to make an income until full crowds can come back. We could technically now broadcast abroad in future if the rules go back to normal, but I assume continuing this partnership will defend on how much its used by punters. It is great news though, delighted with it.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Under normal circumstances we couldn't do this. Without coronavirus the rules about broadcasting games on a Saturday at 3pm would still be in place. They've been relaxed to allow teams to make an income until full crowds can come back. We could technically now broadcast abroad in future if the rules go back to normal, but I assume continuing this partnership will defend on how much its used by punters. It is great news though, delighted with it.

Yep  I know you cannot broadcast in Scotland normally but overseas fans can.If East fife can afford to run it I think we should be able to as well.Think the support base is  similar more or less but i am not sure if there is more to it than that.There are a good number of SONS fans abroad who i am sure will welcome this development and indeed support it post-covid 19( assuming one day that is a reality)

That really is excellent news. 
Slightly disappointed the commentary position is filled, me and [mention=6311]Bring Back Paddy Flannery[/mention] would've been some team.
My dad would be great as 'VAR', assessing the officials performance [emoji2369]
I would fully endorse both of these ideas.

Do you think that this is something we will keep in place after covid is gone and everything is back to normal?

From looking at their site, it looks as if it costs between $40-$90 per game to run the service. I don't know if that is the price we'll be paying but if it is, surely we could have say 10 viewers paying a tenner each to cover that per game.

23 minutes ago, super-son said:

Do you think that this is something we will keep in place after covid is gone and everything is back to normal?

From looking at their site, it looks as if it costs between $40-$90 per game to run the service. I don't know if that is the price we'll be paying but if it is, surely we could have say 10 viewers paying a tenner each to cover that per game.

I rarely get across to Dumbarton from the east for a game but would gladly pay a reasonable price to watch the games from home. There must be plenty of others in my situation too...