From what I've been told whoever takes it on will need to be superhuman, but that's for another day.

Likely be a man with shears

Maybe a goalkeeping groundsman!
We would need to sign Ian Chisholm back to get that kind of versatility

8 hours ago, super-son said:
11 hours ago, Rising Sons said:

We would need to sign Ian Chisholm back to get that kind of versatility

Martin Mooney has proven experience.

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Make it so.

The only way  he will turn up at our ground in a professional capacity is if its on fire..😄

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

The only way  he will turn up at our ground in a professional capacity is if its on fire..😄

Don't give Brabco any ideas.

On 18/08/2020 at 13:24, lionel wickson said:

WILLIE WHIGHAM MIDDLESBROUGH Postcard Size Photo Club Shop Issue ...

13 hours ago, Rising Sons said:

It's all gone awfully quiet.  After the initial surge of signings things seem to have stalled a bit.  I know when it comes to Duffy there doesn't tend to be many rumours flying around regarding new signings so perhaps there may be a few in the pipeline.

PITK.

It's all gone awfully quiet.  After the initial surge of signings things seem to have stalled a bit.  I know when it comes to Duffy there doesn't tend to be many rumours flying around regarding new signings so perhaps there may be a few in the pipeline.
PITK.
Signing up the core of the squad was probably the easier bit of the process, but I've become a bit concerned that Buster's departure may be connected to finances, and if it is then further player recruitment ain't gonna be at all easy. Does anyone know if in addition to the public crowdfunder and the James Anderson money there has been any significant business or corporate input ?

Hopefully once we start training this week we can get some bodies in and around for the management team to have a good look at. Would be nice to get another couple in over the next week or two.

Signing up the core of the squad was probably the easier bit of the process, but I've become a bit concerned that Buster's departure may be connected to finances, and if it is then further player recruitment ain't gonna be at all easy. Does anyone know if in addition to the public crowdfunder and the James Anderson money there has been any significant business or corporate input ?

My understanding is that the club are considering allowing other teams to use the ground to get some finance in so the ground will need double the care. But not prepared to pay double or even any extra. We saw what happened the last time he left. And if they do have extra games on the pitch I reckon that March/April could be very busy Just like the halcyon days of 1970-1972 when we had multiple games in hand coming in to March

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
PITK.

At least with testing being scrapped AFAIK  that will save the club further expense.I think the lack of signings is down to no training.I guess we will add 6 more therefore they have to be the right ones.Also some players may be loanees and they may only be released once those clubs know who they will need and who they can loan out.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

PITK.

Clyde, Cove, Montrose and Peterhead also done very little in the way of new players. Sensibly I think, even if it's a nuisance.

At least with testing being scrapped AFAIK  that will save the club further expense.I think the lack of signings is down to no training.I guess we will add 6 more therefore they have to be the right ones.Also some players may be loanees and they may only be released once those clubs know who they will need and who they can loan out.
I had thought the club's needed testing once the league started...but not to commence training?

23 minutes ago, aftershocker said:
1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

I had thought the club's needed testing once the league started...but not to commence training?

All clubs out with the Premier League can restart training following strict training photocols,  twice weekly testing will commence on 14th September or before if clubs have full scale training. Matches or friendlies.

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

My understanding is that the club are considering allowing other teams to use the ground to get some finance in so the ground will need double the care. But not prepared to pay double or even any extra. We saw what happened the last time he left. And if they do have extra games on the pitch I reckon that March/April could be very busy Just like the halcyon days of 1970-1972 when we had multiple games in hand coming in to March

My understanding is you are half right ! Given we are only playing 13 games instead of 18 they are keen to allow other teams  to play and given the good condition the park was kept in by Buster, extra monies would have helped with some of the additional monies being spent on the park. 

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

All clubs out with the Premier League can restart training following strict training photocols,  twice weekly testing will commence on 14th September or before if clubs have full scale training. Matches or friendlies.

Thanks for clarification, Where did the 14th date come from is that an SPFL/SFA communication ? 

Out of interest ,do you think the twice weekly testing for part time teams will become a reality ? It seems incredibly unfair for football as a business that they have to test twice weekly when other professions don't test at all. What seems especially unfair is that many part time players could be medics, nurses, police, taxi drivers, working in supermarkets,barmen, teachers etc etc but do not need to get tested twice a week in those jobs. Is it the medical advice that's concerned about close contact and droplets etc  created during contact training ?   

14 minutes ago, Always the Sons said:

Thanks for clarification, Where did the 14th date come from is that an SPFL/SFA communication ? 

Out of interest ,do you think the twice weekly testing for part time teams will become a reality ? It seems incredibly unfair for football as a business that they have to test twice weekly when other professions don't test at all. What seems especially unfair is that many part time players could be medics, nurses, police, taxi drivers, working in supermarkets,barmen, teachers etc etc but do not need to get tested twice a week in those jobs. Is it the medical advice that's concerned about close contact and droplets etc  created during contact training ?   

The 14th September looks just like an agreed date to test from agreed between Gov and SPFLand possibly due to the fact that a number of teams have still to sort testing out.

The testing protocols  twice weekly, as you say Part Time players have a vast array of jobs out with the game is it required, possibly more so with such a variety of contact with people .....  Testing if done through the NHS system at present i think would be affordable,  Sturgeon has knocked this request back, as per FMQ last week, so it looks like al clubs will have to source private testing costing a fortune, which most cannot afford especially as I believe clubs in the new West of Scotland League basically the old Junior Super League who have joined the professional ranks one tier below the lowland league , do not have to test.   Is this fair why does Albion Rovers for example have to test twice week!y for the foreseeable future and fellow professional club Auckinleck Talbot  and pollok etc dont...