Sons' sorrow

The fall out of the PL players shenanigans will be that it mayl halt temporarily our signing program as if Football is paused and/or crowds are not allowed into matches imagine the club trying to pay a wage bill of 18 players.Right now we are at 11 i think which is bad enough.It is very difficult to know what to do exactly.I hope it won't affect but all it might take is one more transgression.

11 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

The fall out of the PL players shenanigans will be that it mayl halt temporarily our signing program as if Football is paused and/or crowds are not allowed into matches imagine the club trying to pay a wage bill of 18 players.Right now we are at 11 i think which is bad enough.It is very difficult to know what to do exactly.I hope it won't affect but all it might take is one more transgression.

If football gets paused or cancelled the players become redundant.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If football gets paused or cancelled the players become redundant.

If its cancelled aye ..but what if its paused? Do we free players then have no squad until football starts up again?If for example we don't start in October but it gets pencilled in for January.Then what happens? Do we release players or do we go back to furlough which i believe will be reduced to 50% by then.Its a really tricky call for a club like ours.

If its cancelled aye ..but what if its paused? Do we free players then have no squad until football starts up again?If for example we don't start in October but it gets pencilled in for January.Then what happens? Do we release players or do we go back to furlough which i believe will be reduced to 50% by then.Its a really tricky call for a club like ours.
I'd imagine there would be a fresh crowdfunder if the start date was changed to January to cover the 50% the club would have to pay.

58 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

We'll do whatever is necessary to stay alive. If an unfortunate consequence of that is that the players are made redundant then so be it.

We've signed Scott Allardice on a one year deal. From what I can see he's very much a CM so likely to be a replacement for Trafford who ran around the middle of the pitch for us. What else can we expect from him based on his time loan with you guys? Cheers.

Just now, RiG said:

We've signed Scott Allardice on a one year deal. From what I can see he's very much a CM so likely to be a replacement for Trafford who ran around the middle of the pitch for us. What else can we expect from him based on his time loan with you guys? Cheers.

Up until I saw that Tweet I couldn't have told you that Scott Allardice even played for us. He'd totally escaped my mind.

From what I can remember he was alright on the ball but not very physical - especially for a guy we played in defence. He was in a rotten Sons side at the time to be fair, but I think most Dumbarton fans would struggle to remember one contribution he made.

Good luck to him. I'm sure Stevie Aitken called him Sam once, which made me laugh. 

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not very much.

15 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
16 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
^^^signing for EK next week^^^ 

Yep, and it looks like the Club Chaplain could be joining him. We need to get the pie stall attendants on contracts pronto.

Pity. With McKee gone we need someone who is good at crosses

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
17 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
^^^signing for EK next week^^^ 

Yep, and it looks like the Club Chaplain could be joining him. We need to get the pie stall attendants on contracts pronto.

Surely the club chaplain doesn't cost us any money?

Robbing sky-fairy b*****d.