Sons' sorrow

On 06/08/2020 at 09:35, Jan Vojáček said:

Worry no more friends, my interview with Denny Johnstone is online now too.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-new-boy-denny-johnstone-22475164

I really would appreciate it if you could drop as many clicks, likes, shares and whatevers onto any Lennox related DFC stuff. Ideally it's how I want to spend most of my time, but obviously that needs to be justified to my editor by it performing well - and online is the only real way we can gauge that. Some of it performs very well (especially on Twitter) and others totally flop - so give my figures a nice wee boost and I will be forever grateful.

Wearing a denim shirt with pride. I like this guy.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
24 minutes ago, Sons FC said:
Tough draw but not unhappy with that. We don't do very well in these games anyway but other than Clyde, any of the others at home should draw a decent away support.

Away support ? What have you heard ?

If we could get Killie or even Dunfermline or Falkirk as a home game in November I suppose there might be a chance of a decent  away support

Personally I think it will be difficult to get many if any fans into games at all.Infections are on the rise again and unless they are stopped football will remain behind closed doors,I really really hope im wrong because clubs like ours need punters paying at the gate.

47 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

If we could get Killie or even Dunfermline or Falkirk as a home game in November I suppose there might be a chance of a decent  away support

Aren't these games being played at the start of October before the league gets underway?

I really do despise this group format, drawing two teams from the same division just makes it worse.

Aren't these games being played at the start of October before the league gets underway?
I really do despise this group format, drawing two teams from the same division just makes it worse.
There are three matchdays before the league starts and another two in November during the international break.

Rico Quitongo and Ruaridh Langan feature in this week's Lennox, both come across really well - but I reckon everyone's love for Rico will grow a wee bit more.

Get out immediately and buy yourself a copy so you don't have to read it on the awful website later in the week!

On 08/08/2020 at 11:04, sarti pooh said:

Had a look at his Twitter there.

I have no idea what the story is but the club should have worked hard to keep him on. Does a great job with what I imagine can be a proper nightmare of a park to manage at times.

Money issues after the virus carry on..

Big loss to the club, worked miracles on our pitch.  Look at the state it got into the last time he went away.

3 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Anyone else getting increasingly concerned we’re not going to see games restarting due to the arrogant p***ks in the Premiership who can’t seem to follow the rules?

Yes.

The Scottish Government have taken a very cautious approach to Covid, and aren't afraid to make a big decision - putting health before wealth if you will. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see football put on hold if there is a spike in cases or someone else gets caught making a secret trip to Spain. Although how Celtic didn't notice they were missing a player is beyond me, but there you go...

Our return is different. You can't have part-time players in a bubble akin to full-time pros. If we end up in a situation where we have to wait until there is a vaccine for all but elite sport to return though then we can wave goodbye to the Sons, every other smaller club in the country and, presumably, every smaller rugby, hockey and whatever else club going. On the restart of the English Premier League they said you need to be in close proximity to someone for more than 15 minutes to be at risk of the virus. I reckon smaller matchday squads (totally the opposite of what the Premiership voted for...) and sensible precautions should see us be able to restart in October - hopefully with a capacity limited support. I can't see any reason why you are able to go to Braehead and mill about stores with thousands of others, but not sit - socially distant - in a football stadium like the Rock with 400 or 500 others. Especially when a lot of the people we go with will either live with us, or be in our bubbles.

For the bigger clubs it's more of an issue, I understand that, but I'm really hopeful that we will see football (and fans) back before the turn of the year.

I'm an optimist with a countdown on my phone to that day though...

13 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Anyone else getting increasingly concerned we’re not going to see games restarting due to the arrogant p***ks in the Premiership who can’t seem to follow the rules?

Furious with those dicks they should be carpeted by club and by the law.Breaking rules is effectively putting people's lives at risk.They should be hammered.I know that is real DAILY RECORD talk but its what they should get.I would say 1 more violation and football gets stopped/paused whatever.

28 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Furious with those dicks they should be carpeted by club and by the law.Breaking rules is effectively putting people's lives at risk.They should be hammered.I know that is real DAILY RECORD talk but its what they should get.I would say 1 more violation and football gets stopped/paused whatever.

Nicola Sturgeon has in her own words given Scottish football a yellow card.

Its an early booking but an absolutely deserved one. There can't be any more arrogance or slipups from the clubs and players who have the privilege of playing just now.

I can't wait to get back watching the Sons again and I'll be fuming if it is stopped by idiots like Bolingoli for Celtic and half of the Aberdeen squad.

Leaving the ridiculous Bolingoli incident aside, what actually are the rules for footballers? I’ve not remotey tried to read up on it but I’m assuming that after the incident regarding the Aberdeen players that they aren’t allowed out in public places at all? Part-time players wont even remotely be able to stick to such rules so either we need the virus to magically disappear or the rules will have to change prior to October. 

Leaving the ridiculous Bolingoli incident aside, what actually are the rules for footballers? I’ve not remotey tried to read up on it but I’m assuming that after the incident regarding the Aberdeen players that they aren’t allowed out in public places at all? Part-time players wont even remotely be able to stick to such rules so either we need the virus to magically disappear or the rules will have to change prior to October. 

I think there’s a lot of hope that over the next month things can change very quickly and the virus becomes more contained. I agree though that it’s impossible for part time players go stay in a bubble when they all have other jobs that they’ve got to go to.

58 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

"Furious Pie and Bovril member Lorenzo71 has slammed Celtic star Boli Bolingoli and called on rulebreakers to be hammered by government chiefs."

Record'd that up for you nicely 😉

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

"Furious Pie and Bovril member Lorenzo71 has slammed Celtic star Boli Bolingoli and called on rulebreakers to be hammered by government chiefs."

Record'd that up for you nicely 😉

Livid Lorenzo says...'you're so BOLI stupid!!'

Seething P'N'B posters demanded BLOOD as premier primadonnas threatened league season with a HALT...