Sons' sorrow

Is this a bit of ITK info talented player, would certainly take him...   No other links to him as far as I know,  we are in dire need of midfield players,   Your signing rumours are pretty good though.

Just a guess mate.. or he’ll end up in the lowland league 🤣

21 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Would be quite happy with big Rohan.

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Would absolutely take Ferguson unless I've missed something about him.

5 hours ago, Mr November said:

Rohan Ferguson would be a very good signing and I’d say an upgrade on Brennan. He’s player a lot of games for his age and I would assume he’s only improved after a year at Linfield. I know he was training with Livingston and I was expecting him to get a full-time deal at a lower end Championship team.

He seemed to do quite well working with Neil Parry and then became first choice when we went full-time with a very young squad. He never really had a settled or even competent defence in front of him in his time at Airdrie (we conceded 66 goals in his first full season despite being full-time) and after Parry left he never had any experienced keepers to challenge him which didn’t help. There were definitely times when he made a few mistakes and his confidence was low but overall he was a decent keeper at this level. He wasn’t the most commanding and seemed to struggle with high balls and coming off his line but that might have improved with experience.

Ferguson would be a good signing for yourselves. He was always rated highly at Airdrie but came into the team at only 18/19 where, despite his potential, he wasn't ready to play week in week out at this level of football. As Mr November says, he also wasn't helped by having one of the worst defences to ever play at this level in front of him. Even Buffon/Yashin/Grindlay would have conceded 60+ goals in that team. He did make mistakes, which is to be expected with a player at that age, which were exacerbated by (the defence) and the fact that there wasn't another keeper who could come in to replace him or give him a rest/time out the team and enable him to get his confidence back. But he is a  very good shot-stopper and at worst, competent at the other facets of goalkeeping. Seemed to get on well at Linfield, he played in Europe for them, and I am actually a bit surprised he didn't get a deal there or somewhere else a bit higher up the food chain. Airdrie fans give/gave him a hard-time but he is a better goalkeeper than some will claim and I imagine he will only have gotten better with experience. 

Is there any actual substance to the Rohan Ferguson rumours or is it just someone taking a wild guess? I’m guessing Duffy must have something lined up if he’s punted both our keepers.

Speaking of Fergusons, if we could tie up Sam Wardrop and fling a deal the way of Ferguson, Davie then i’d be very happy with how the defence is looking. He didn’t seem to have a great season at Peterhead but I thought he was a consistently solid 7/10 with us and was able to cover a couple of different positions. With Wardrop’s injury record it wouldn’t be a bad idea having someone who could slot straight in there should he pick up an injury. 

The clubs in the three lower divisions voted to start in October and only play 27 games instead of 36. The main reason being that the clubs can't really afford to play behind closed doors as the matchday income is crucial to our survival. Hopefully we'll be allowed crowds of some sort by the time we get going.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

The clubs in the three lower divisions voted to start in October and only play 27 games instead of 36. The main reason being that the clubs can't really afford to play behind closed doors as the matchday income is crucial to our survival. Hopefully we'll be allowed crowds of some sort by the time we get going.

aaahhh

Thanks! 

MON EH SONS!

Hearty congratulations to fondly-remembered pint-sized midfield dynamo Josh Falkingham who today helped Harrogate Town win promotion to the English Football League for the first time in their history by beating Notts County 3-1 at Wembley.  It seems only yesterday that Kevin Nicol had him in his hip pocket in a play-off semi-final at The Rock. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Regan Tumilty. Go.

10/10 going forward. 7.5/10 defensively.  A bit of a lower league James Tavernier in the way he plays really. 

Scored our goal of the season and will bomb forward all day. He's a smashing footballer technically and you can tell he was a winger/wing-back in his early days because he'll always try and take a player on...even deep in his own half.. He's a pretty solid defender most of the time, but had a bit of a thing for no look balls across our own box during his time with us, also got a really tough time up against Blair Lyons - but that aside wasn't troubled all that much. I can just imagine he might have to reign in his attacking prowess a bit more in the Championship.

He was absolutely outstanding at Stark's in the 2-0 game in December which you might remember him from and I'd imagine he'll do very well with you lot. 

What formation are you guys likely to play? I can see him really suiting a 3-5-2.

41 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Conor Brennan is off to EK with Hutton. I wonder if Duffy didn't want to keep him, or if EK simply outbid us for his services.

Is this not 5th or 6th season in a row where a player wax's lyrical about loving the club and looking forward to the next season to then head off somewhere else?

I know money talks but just find it funny.

In the midst of all the squad news, just thought I'd post the latest news  link re. new strips: https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4516

Really sorry for this delay, but hope people will understand the situation. Our sponsors have been amazing, but it proved very difficult for Turnberry in the end, due to their commitments and the financial squeeze. We and they tried until the last hour to see if something could be worked out, but in the end it wasn't possible. They are still committed too DFC and we'll see them back in due course, I'm sure. Meantime we're cultivating new sponsors, as well as being massively grateful to existing ones - not least C&G Systems and Signs Express, who've been incredible. 

As soon as we can update on sponsor/delivery, we will. Obviously we want this sorted as quickly as possible, like you. Thanks a million to those who have pre-ordered. That really does help!