Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I hope to f**k we have another striker lined up, Jones and Johnstone isn’t exactly filling me with confidence. I thought that, bar one game, big Jones was rotten. 

Agreed. Jones had one decent game and then after that he just looked like a typical really tall player that couldn't control the length of his own legs.

I saw enough in flashes to conclude that big Jones could develop into a decent lower-league striker. Jim D might be just the man to help him along. I hope he gets a decent chance next season. 

Likewise Denny is a bit of a punt but f**k it they all are at this level. Fingers crossed. 

It’s great to be talking about football again. 

I saw enough in flashes to conclude that big Jones could develop into a decent lower-league striker. Jim D might be just the man to help him along. I hope he gets a decent chance next season. 

Likewise Denny is a bit of a punt but f**k it they all are at this level. Fingers crossed. 
No disrespect, but I'd seek a medical opinion on these flashes.

Big Jones never seemed particularly good as an out and out striker in the same way that Robert Thomson didn't. Unfortunately he didnt look like he had Thomson's ability to do it in a different attacking role. Maybe, like Thomson, he needs a bit of time to see the best of him.

Strikers are a funny breed. Look at Kevin Nisbet and Lawrence Shankland for evidence of that. To a lesser degree Jim Lister and Isaac Layne.

Maybe big Jonesy will tan in 15 goals next season. His debut showed there's a player in there. Over to Duffy to get it out more than he did last season. 

59 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, George Parr said:

No disrespect, but I'd seek a medical opinion on these flashes.

I had similar feelings about Jordan White in those few loan appearances he made for us years ago. Didn’t do much but just seemed like he might come good at some point. 

Strikers are a funny breed. Look at Kevin Nisbet and Lawrence Shankland for evidence of that. To a lesser degree Jim Lister and Isaac Layne.
Maybe big Jonesy will tan in 15 goals next season. His debut showed there's a player in there. Over to Duffy to get it out more than he did last season. 
It's a bit of a concern that our two signed strikers last port of call has been Stranraer, where neither were exactly scorching the rigging (ask your Grandpa).

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Andy Graham told me last year that he thought PJ Crossan was a good player. That's more than enough for me to be pleased that we're keeping him on board. He's young and inconsistent - but on his day he has the ability to be a matchwinner.

PJ is a decent signing..if he screws his head on properly he is capable of good things.Would love Mckee and Layne to join us as well as hutton.Not dead against Brennan re-signing either.

see wee stee is jizzing at the bit by trying to lure Anthony Stokes to EK.Maybe he's over Hutton.

3 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

PJ is a decent signing..if he screws his head on properly he is capable of good things.Would love Mckee and Layne to join us as well as hutton.Not dead against Brennan re-signing either.

see wee stee is jizzing at the bit by trying to lure Anthony Stokes to EK.Maybe he's over Hutton.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Hutton or Layne again tbh and I’m alright with that. I’m actually quite looking forward to seeing who we replace them with.

As for Brennan, I sincerely hope we’re looking for a new keeper. He’s a solid backup option but I’m far from convinced with him as a No 1 and I’m not sure our defenders are either. 

Now that Crossan has signed up and Layne and Hutton are as good as gone it’s only really Joe McKee I’d want to retain from last year’s squad.  I also wouldn’t be against chucking a deal Sam Wardrop’s way.