Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

If I were an EF fan I would feel every bit aggrieved at not getting a chance at promotion via playoffs.You were the best footballing side I saw last season.There didn't seem to be much wailing and gnashing of teeth from your club or did I miss something?

Nah we didn't think it was right to end the season the way it did but everyone else did so that was that. Just gotta get on with it next season again and have kept most of our team for that.

Now personally annoyed at partick and hearts for trying to get everyone else to suffer for their failings. Wonder if we could sue for £2m cause we didn't get a chance to go up too...

11 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Nah we didn't think it was right to end the season the way it did but everyone else did so that was that. Just gotta get on with it next season again and have kept most of our team for that.

Now personally annoyed at partick and hearts for trying to get everyone else to suffer for their failings. Wonder if we could sue for £2m cause we didn't get a chance to go up too...

I feel for Hearts,stranraer and Partick..it was weak leadership as i think some kind of league reform(14-14-14) should have happened.The big mistake Ann Budge did was to emphasise a 2 year change only and that reeked of self-interest.Had it been permanent with a vote in 2 year time to reconstruct again then that may have been more palatabale.I guess though the financial fallouts of such changes is what dictates behaviour.

5 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I feel for Hearts,stranraer and Partick..it was weak leadership as i think some kind of league reform(14-14-14) should have happened.The big mistake Ann Budge did was to emphasise a 2 year change only and that reeked of self-interest.Had it been permanent with a vote in 2 year time to reconstruct again then that may have been more palatabale.I guess though the financial fallouts of such changes is what dictates behaviour.

Agree with every part of that 100%

Ricos agent is pimping him out to every club going so can't see him being back
That is the agents job tbf. If he does go elsewhere in L1, I'd rather he went to one of the ft clubs for career progression. If he chose another pt club, that would be a sideways step imo although he could be on more money which would be understandable.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Now that we're getting players re-signed, I'm realising that we haven't announced the usual list of released players. Does that mean we've offered contracts to everyone (bar the loaned) that were with us when last season finished?

The contracts don't technically run out until the end of the month so we probably won't see that until then. Hopefully a good few will sign up extensions before that though.

The contracts don't technically run out until the end of the month so we probably won't see that until then. Hopefully a good few will sign up extensions before that though.
That makes sense.
Nope. Chris boyd
This makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Darian Mackinnon is at Drumchapel Juniors.Wouldn't he have been worth a punt ?Always liked his style of play.Also give us a psycho on our side.

They've a couple of ex sons signed up I'm sure. Joe Coleman one of them. 

Would've loved mackinnon on our books. He'd have done a job with us I'm sure. 

8 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I see Regan Tummilty is a free agent, what was he like for your lot?

Sometimes he made me furious with his no-look passes across the face of his own box, but that aside he was absolutely outstanding for us - and it was no surprise to see him immediately improving Morton when he returned in January. 

He's definitely one of these full-backs who is stronger going forward than he is defensively, but that's not to decry his defensive ability. He'd be an excellent signing for you lot next season - as he would for pretty much any mid-table or below Championship side imo.

11 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Darian Mackinnon is at Drumchapel Juniors.Wouldn't he have been worth a punt ?Always liked his style of play.Also give us a psycho on our side.

I made this point about WOS sides signing some big names a while back. Reckon there is a fair bit of cash flying around down there. Plenty to compete with league 1 and 2 anyway. Drumchapel are building a good side by looks of things. Apparently though the sponsors of Drumchapel have given Daz guarantees of a job plus he is coaching at Hamilton so tbh it probably works out well for him.

There seems to be a good few teams at tier 6/7 signing players we would be more than happy with.