Sons' sorrow

Funnily enough, I had no idea where the Linton rumours had started from. Said it a couple of days back and still don't know where if came from. I thought he was as settled as anyone with us and why would he want to move. Great to have him signed up. Would be great to start making more effective use of his long throws next season!

Edit:

Haha. Damn, Silverton beat me to it. But aye!

Edited by squeezebox-son

Great news about Scott Linton.

I'd like to see us make better use of his long distance throw-ins next season, they're almost as good as a floated free kick or corner.

I'd like to see us make use of one set piece next season. Just one. Our corners/long throws were horrendous for the talent we had in the squad.

I'd like to see us make use of one set piece next season. Just one. Our corners/long throws were horrendous for the talent we had in the squad.

I think the long throws are sometimes harder to deal with than corners - albeit our corners were horrific 90% of the time!

Funnily enough, I had no idea where the Linton rumours had started from. Said it a couple of days back and still don't know where if came from. I thought he was as settled as anyone with us and why would he want to move. Great to have him signed up. Would be great to start making more effective use of his long throws next season!

Edit:

Haha. Damn, Silverton beat me to it. But aye!

*sniggers at last bit of post*

:-)

Lee Robinson, the 'keeper who has spent his whole career playing full-time football, the majority of which played in this division, wouldn't be an improvement on Jamie Ewings who has spent the majority of his career playing with Albion Rovers (with all due respect)?

There will be plenty of options out there, even if it's a loan like QoS did last year when they realised they had a donkey between the sticks.

Fair enough although Robinson spent several years in the wilderness at Ibrox whilst Ewings appeared in a Champions League qualifier. Raith let in 61 goals and finished 7th, Sons finished 5th letting in 64. Robinson ain't any better than either of our keepers last season.

So no he wouldn't be an improvement. Not at all.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Those Robinson stats demonstrate that the grass isn't always greener etc. We don't get to see the blunders these other keepers make over a whole season.

Although...David Crawford back would be interesting. Always rated him.

I'd be happy with Robinson.

If he's shite then at least we've taken a chance on someone else. Better that than sticking with someone who you know is shite.

Sometimes better the shite you know than the shite you don't know......