Sons' sorrow

On 15/06/2020 at 23:26, The Moonster said:

I assume we do but I don't know who it is.

We're in the process of talking to all our sponsors, who need both assurance and encouragement. We might need to restructure some deals, too, in the light of changes and uncertainties brought on by the pandemic.  As you'll appreciate, this is a tough time for many people, but everyone connected to the club is being as supportive as they possibly can. We are grateful to every one of them. Announcements as soon as we are able to do so.

(As a general rider to that -- I absolutely understand that people are impatient for updates on many things. We really are giving those updates when it's possible, bearing in mind commercial and other factors. No one is sitting on information unnecessarily! Meantime, I'm coming here to tell you what I can, or to explain as much as I can.)

I got this one.  It's very good though it did take a couple of months to arrive. 
IMG_20200227_184142.thumb.jpg.9a62fb8be9bbe85b3661de6bc2f3e48f.jpg

Mine arrived today.
Excellent, really excellent replica of my favourite top ever. It is our proper colours of black and gold. No yellow pish masquerading as gold.

I notice you have the black Umbro logo on the chest. As mine didn’t arrive with this on it, I’m thinking yours didn’t either.
To complete the authentic look, did you buy a wee iron on Umbro logo ? If so, can you tell me where you got it please ? E bay only offering up red or white ones at a quick glance.

First world problems eh ? Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Mine arrived today.
Excellent, really excellent replica of my favourite top ever. It is our proper colours of black and gold. No yellow pish masquerading as gold.

I notice you have the black Umbro logo on the chest. As mine didn’t arrive with this on it, I’m thinking yours didn’t either.
To complete the authentic look, did you buy a wee iron on Umbro logo ? If so, can you tell me where you got it please ? E bay only offering up red or white ones at a quick glance.

First world problems eh ? Cheers.

Mine came with the Umbro sign on the front. I'd sling the guy a message about it.

18 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

To complete the authentic look, did you buy a wee iron on Umbro logo ? 

No mine came with the little Umbro logo already. 

Ironiclly, it's lasted longer than the one I remember having one my '82 Scotland top which fell off after the first wash. 😂

Mine came with the Umbro sign on the front. I'd sling the guy a message about it.

Paul at Dunnottar is brand new. He’s going to send me a wee iron on logo.

He told me that he’d noticed some had previously arrived with the logo on the top and some not, including mine. Dunnottar don’t ask for a logo to be attached.

He told me that although Dunnottar don’t specify having a logo, they will add logos if specifically requested.

Excellent service.

Ps, he said they will be adding more Sons tops to the site soon.

1 hour ago, optimistic said:

Does anyone not feel bad for not buying the clubs tops, or is it a case of putting pressure on them to get back to the white, black and gold bands?

I don't feel bad. I give the club money whenever I can, if I see a shirt I like I'll buy it though. I may well buy our home top this year eventually.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't feel bad. I give the club money whenever I can, if I see a shirt I like I'll buy it though. I may well buy our home top this year eventually.

This. 

Season ticket holder, usually sponsor a player, have donated a few times to the appeal. And will order the new top for daughter. 

To be honest I'm too old and, quite frankly, too fat to be going about in a football strip. The retro design one is my all time favourite Sons top though so fine for dossing about the house and garden.  

1 hour ago, optimistic said:

Does anyone not feel bad for not buying the clubs tops, or is it a case of putting pressure on them to get back to the white, black and gold bands?

I’ve bought every top since 2012/13 except last seasons away one, I’ll likely get both from the coming season too, but I think the club should look into the retro shirt thing because it has potential to be a money maker, Raith done it for their Diadora cup winning kit and I’m fairly certain it went down very well

I don’t feel bad. I bought the Dunnottar top for sentimental reasons.
I don’t like what’s on offer from Joma. Yellow is not one of our club colours even though the club seems to think it is.

However, I have pledged to buy a season ticket even though I’m only likely to use it a handful of times throughout the season. It’s my way of supporting the club in extraordinary times [emoji106]

That is my favourite version of what is an iconic strip in Scottish football.

Instantly recognisable as ours in the same way as Airdrie’s white shirt and red diamond is iconic and instantly recognisable.

It is. Yet we have only worn a strip like that for about twenty of our near one hundred and fifty year existence

I've posted about this sportswear company before.

www.appinsports.com

They are based in Edinburgh and do cycling jerseys, athletics gear & football etc.

They supply a few Junior sides now, and can recreate any jersey design. The templates are on their website. No extra charges for Crests or additional logos.

As an example if DFC ordered 200 jerseys they'd be £9 odd per jersey exc vat.

If the likes of Dunnottar Retro can do this, no reason we can't & no need to go via China.

Get joma to f**k

Edited by Silverton End

Nope. I've got a standing order for the manager's fund, paid a three figure sum into the crowdfunder on three occasions and won some memorabilia in the recent auction. I am going to buy the home top but not just yet.

1 hour ago, microdave said:
7 hours ago, optimistic said:

Nope. I've got a standing order for the manager's fund, paid a three figure sum into the crowdfunder on three occasions and won some memorabilia in the recent auction. I am going to buy the home top but not just yet.

£1.25 imo 😉